This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dub13, Feb 2, 2017.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Trying to get into the Joe Rogan podcast. I can't take to him as a person, but I've been trying to listen a bit more lately to people who I don't like/often disagree with but who have interesting opinions or guests(Simon Jordan on talksport/people who say they've been cancelled etc.), so I said I'd give him another go. Hit and miss so far but he's obviously a very intelligent and media savvy guy, even if he pretends he doesn't care about being media savvy and often comes across as a very disingenuous person. The one with Ben Shapiro(who I really don't like) was very interesting while the one with Kevin Hart (whose comedy I like) was cringey as fuck. Did the Rob Lowe one yesterday, enjoyed it and I'm going to stick with it.

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I used to check it out fairly regularly before he went to Spotify and I always thought there was 1 or 2 decent ones each week. haven't listened to it in ages, now and again I'll scroll through the names of his guests and it just seems to be comedians all the time now.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Coming from that world himself it's probably a mixture of it being easier for him to book comedians and him enjoying interviewing them. He really likes to talk about his own experiences during the interviews. I tried one of his Netflix stand up shows, he wouldn't be my cup of tea.

4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

The Wrap did a week of content on the the treble season ending with that interview with Thommo and that reminded me to pay more respect to the magnitude of that success. I think what Gerard and the team achieved that season and the journey they took was as impressive as bagging a European Cup or league. Hindsight is a great thing now it's become more nostalgic with his passing possibly but that's my thoughts.

The Pernicious One likes this.
  5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

In my opinion the squads that Houllier and Thompson underachieved over the entire reign. Not taking away from the treble in anyway but he didn’t win the league or European cup. The squad was there to do both and I would say conservative approaches cost in both comps. In the lesser comps he seemed to let them of the leash a bit in 2001 and it paid dividends.

The wrong moves were made in 2002 and if you believe some, the moves where due to relationships with agents rather than going for the best available players.

Gerard is a Liverpool hero in my opinion but didnt belong on the flag when it was commissioned.

6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Fully understand the decision made and reasons why. But it is important to separate the success of that season to the Diouf and Diao summer if we're talking about required achievements to be recognised and showcased. If Stevie doesn't slip Brendan goes on that banner. Nobody would talk about Balotelli and Lambert.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

If Liverpool won the league, Suarez would have stayed :D

mushypea likes this.
  8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's always been a very simple one imo. Does Houllier deserve to be on a banner? Of course he does. Does he deserve to be on that specific banner? The only people who can say are the people who had it made because it's their banner and they know who it's supposed to pay homage to. If they didn't want him on it, then it's correct he's not on it. It's a weird situation to me that they're being told who they should be including on their banner.

Dzer2 and GaryMc like this.
  9. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He'd have bit someone else eventually get his move

10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If you get a chance listen to the one with Tom Green. I found it brilliant . I like Joe, mainly because of his UFC stuff so find him interesting, but some of the podcasts are too long at 3-4 hours .

babbsnads likes this.
  11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

there was one a while ago that went on for 7 hours, can't remember who they were but he said they're his favourite band. they were smoking and drinking the whole way through, locked and stoned by the end of it.

12. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I don't find it weird at all tbh. I think the idea of a banner honoring the managers who have won the 2 most prized trophies in club football was and is a great idea. The banner is top notch but was always going to be controversial because of the visual coverage it gets and the lack of knowledge out there as to why those managers are on it. Should we update it to make those that don't understand why Gerard is not on it happy, I would say no but equally you cant just tell other's that haven't educated themselves on this to go make their own when everyone out there in social media world is going to have an opinion on such a visual banner along with those sitting in an armchair.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We'll agree to disagree mate.

mushypea likes this.
  14. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Started listening to the Witness yesterday on spotify.

15. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have heard good things about this, what do you think of it..?

16. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I thought it was good Paul.

Grim life drugs

Dub13 likes this.