This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Philippe Coutinho

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by IanoM7, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Good to see, I called for this a while back as the lad has more than earned a payrise... not just to help keep others from sniffing around, but also because he's genuinely earned it in terms of improvement and contribution over the last 12 months.

As I've mentoned elsewhere, I do find it somewhat odd that the club are suddenly dealing with this while most people would expect them to be trying to sign new players though... bit of a red herring perhaps, letting this out in the press (along with negotiations on Can's contract) to distract the fans from the fact that we are not signing any new talent ?

2. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

It was my original thought earlier on too Garrett when I saw there were talks of his contract being extended. Possible smoke screen from FSG to distract us away from the fact we'll be signing nobody in this window. On the other hand though great business if they sort the contract with Coutinho and Klopp has also already repeatedly said he doesn't want to sign anyone in this window. It comes as no surprise to most really.

Garrett likes this.
  3. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

It's Imo nothing to do with a smoke screen if you aren't going to buy invest.

Me personally I'd rather we spent 10mil over 5years on Coutinho (only an example have no idea how much this deal will cost over 5years) Than sign a young potential prospect for 10mil whom it might take 5years to get to 50% of where Coutinho will be in that time & 50% is being generous.

Garrett likes this.
  4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Your logic is spot on there needless to say, but lets face it ... we've done enough buying players with potential for £10m to keep us going for a while, it's now time we bought a few players for £40m or whatever the price tag who can bring whats needed now and have a track record to back it up :)

5. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

6. Kgreen92

Kgreen92
    Expand Collapse

Great news to wake up to this morning about phil.Hopefully this new deal will bring out another gear in the lad.Barca can fu*k right off

7. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Great signing, delighted with this news

8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Super news although Suarez did sign a mega contract just months before heading off to Barca so since then not sure the significance. Length of contracts are as much about about protecting player value as a player committing. Would be interesting to hear the wages as it could mean LFC are going to the next level in that regard.

Can't remember what thread it was however did predict a big contract signing just before the window closes.;)

9. prendy

prendy
    Expand Collapse

Great news, he's a very important part of this team, what money is he getting I wonder? I presume the new contract has a huge buy out clause inserted to cover the club.

he wouldn't get near their first 11.

10. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Great news this morning

Suarez contract had a release clause. It seems this one doesn't. Hopefully we'll have Phil as he enters the best years of his career.

GaryMc likes this.
  11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This account tends not to put out too much rubbish so may be an indication

Garrett and prendy like this.
  12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

great news. Was reported as £200,000 a week in Mirror byt can't see it being anywhere near that. That's what Arsenal are unwilling to pay Ozil and Sanchez and I don't believe Coutinho is at their consistent level yet. I'd imagine £150,000 a week at the most?

13. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I heard the new deal was to make him the highest earner. I read a few months ago that Sturridge was supposed to be our highest earner on 140k. So I would imagine Phil is now on 140k plus. Then there are the performance based bonus incentives to up his salary. In any case, it's well deserved.

14. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Great news.

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

What he said was 'around' £150k

I am not being pedantic here, but these figures are always best guesstimates. @elvis above is correct that there will be lots of incentives for the player.

I regularly here it mentioned that a player at a rival club is on 300k a week. Yes that would be true if only that club won every bit of silverware available to them.

17. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Top earners in PL. Happy with what we gave Coutinho when I see the crazy amounts others are on. Saying that we need to be willing to pay £150,000 from the outset when signing quality players

1 Paul Pogba Manchester United £290,000.00
    2 Wayne Rooney Manchester United £250,000.00
    3 Zlatan Ibrahimovic Manchester United £220,000.00
    4 Sergio Aguero Manchester City £220,000.00
    5 Yaya Toure Manchester City £220,000.00
    6 Eden Hazard Chelsea £200,000.00
    7David de Gea Manchester United £200,000.00
    8 Bastian Schweinsteiger Manchester United £200,000.00
    9 Diego Costa Chelsea £185,000.00
    10 Raheem Sterling Manchester City £180,000.00
    11 David Silva Manchester City £160,000.00
    12 Cesc Fabregas Chelsea £156,000.00
    - Philippe Coutinho Liverpool £150,000.00
    - Kevin de Bruyne Manchester City £150,000.00
    - John Terry Chelsea £150,000.00

Garrett likes this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

It may not be a guess Lionel, it could just as easily be a case that the wage was agreed based on an annual figure and just coincidently falls a little short of £150k pw on the button. For example, they might have settled on £7.5m per year.. but £150k x 52 weeks would be £7.8m.

None of us know...

but there's consistency in the £150k figure, so I don't believe it's heavily dependent on things like LFC winning the PL or number of goals scored (but do accept that they are most likely factors that could influence his final earnings).

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Must admit, I'm surprised there are not more thna just 12 players earning £156k pw or more... mind me asking where that list came from please mate ? That said, I don't dispute the principal that the top players would be earning bid dosh and it's only right. Also supports where LFC is in terms of quality and payscales - we're not at the races really, are we ?

20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

from echo we

From Echo website