This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

PaddyPower

Discussion in 'Gambling' started by elvis, Mar 1, 2013.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

These *******s just closed my account for "Legal reasons"

Wtf happens to the pending bets I have in there, and the money that was in my account?

This happen to anyone before?

2. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

Only ever heard of it happening to a mate of mine they didn't give him any reason for it & apparently its in the term & conditions that they can do it too.

3. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

was the money not sent back to your bank? i'm sure they can close the account whenever they want but surely they cant keep the money?

4. paulwex

paulwex
    Expand Collapse

Ring them they might just want id;)

5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I've had my account for 8 years, even before the time of the their webpage, albeit I was 15 and had to do my betting over the phone. They asked me for ID about 3 years ago, so I sent them my passport and that was all grand. I responded to them asking for my money back, and then they'll be told to fcuk off. I'll just use Betfair from now on. Odds on PP are shit anyway.

6. click22

click22
    Expand Collapse

I Know of people who are living out foreign getting their accounts closed.

7. djdwainec

djdwainec
    Expand Collapse

Post a message on there FB for everyone to see. they'll be quick about replying then :)

8. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

I would agree with this! Anything that brings them a bit of bad publicity will get it sorted fairly quickly.

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

2/1 all bets are cancelled.

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Closed my account last year as I logged in from the US. Can get it reactivated though if I send them a recent bill proofing address

11. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I've heard of them doing that, but I'm in Sandyford, and only ever use my account logged in from home, where my IP would show as Dublin. So I'd love to know what their "Legal issues" with taking my business are. I mean there was no specifics in it at all. I shall await their response.

12. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

have you been winning a lot of bets lately on short odds?

13. ronniewhelan

ronniewhelan
    Expand Collapse

Get onto them on twitter @AskPaddyPower and also get onto them on their fb page !!

Are your pending bets likely to win you big money ?!

The reason I ask is that I was going to do a horse EW accum for Cheltenham and it would pay out near 590,000 :eek: and if I done it online they could do the same IF say the first 4 horses came in on my accum and was in with a shout of winning a few pound !!!

Betfair is deffo the way forward, odds are so much better but PP is so much better for throwing a few euro in without the fun police (the wife) moaning about wasting money :cool:

14. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

about 2 weeks ago I got onto a roll acca wise. Been just randomly betting whilst bored on horses I liked the sound of. And crazy football bets on the handicap scores. I've lost about 200quid of Paddys money in the last week with them. And have another 150 invested in the weekend on us to win.

I've 80 placed in total on Chelt bets as well.

So over the last while I'm up a good bit, and in total my betting with PP has me in profit over them. I was also in the middle of a betdash game.

15. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

so 230 euro of your money in been bet through your account. i'd cause murder with them if i didn't get that money back

16. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

cant see anything there that would be flagged. Maybe Fran or Rover might spot something but it all looks harmless to me.

Maybe a tiny bit of a coincidence about you applying to canada just when this happened. Did you change any details with yer bank or address or anything along those lines?

17. Paddser

Paddser
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't have a clue what to advise here.

But if I worked in Customer Support id probably say either give them a shout via Live Chat or on the Blower. An €80 outlay on Cheltenham hasn't closed your Account. I suspect you have used a PC with a Us IP address, possibly at work, in which case they'll be looking for a call from a Landline and a recent Utility Bill. Call this weekend though, as speed is of the essence (or because Ill be off in the Costa del Wigan)

18. Kielo

Kielo
    Expand Collapse

Just tried to login to my account now when I saw this (I've been playing betdash games, but had not used the account in around 2 weeks)

Your account has been temporarily restricted, please check your email for a communication from our Customer Security Team

:( Any ways around this for foreign betting from Canada? (besides using a proxy)

19. up the pool

up the pool
    Expand Collapse

Happened to me too but i couldnt be arsed sending a bill so i just oppened a new acc with all the same details just diff username and password just took my drivers licence down to the shop then when i wanted a card to with draw cash simples:) cant understand what happend elvis though

20. Murph

Murph
    Expand Collapse

I know it's years ago but you said yourself you've been gambling on the phone since you was 15, then 3 years ago you sent your passport as ID, working that one out all being to late it will show you gambled under age for 3 years.