This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Never mind - I found it.

Honda likes this.
  2. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Utd being linked to Erikson, he wasn't good enough a few years ago when he was at Spurs never-mind now at 30. Also linked to De Jong. I don't know if Barca need to sell but it sounds like De Jong doesn't want to leave. You would still think they at least need a RB, DM, and some sort of striker but with Ronaldo hanging around you would think it would be someone willing to play second fiddle

3. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Dont see how they fit Erikson and Fernandes in the same team anyway.
    On DeJong I think its more a case of Barca being stone broke and having to find 40 or 50m for a certain polish striker and the only other player of interest they seem to have is Gavi and they dont want to give him up
    There was stories going around yesterday that Dembele would be happy to stay if they offered him a new contract - right beside the stories about Chelsea and him not being willing to sign for anyone that didnt guarantee him gametime - for a lad that was on everyones wishlist a few years back, his career has stalled completely and he seems a bit of a prima dona.
    Someone needs to take him aside and tell him yes "you were a bright young thing....but youre more of a blown bulb these days" Dont know why but any time I hear about him - I think of Ravel Morrison and Pogba to a certain extent

4. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Pogba and Dembele have both won leagues and a world cup to be fair. Ravel Morrison is a million miles from either.

5. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I was talking about their respective attitudes rather than their trophy cabinet. All 3 are/were the very definition of big time charlies.

In fairness Pogba can back it up when he's arsed.its just those days are few and far between
    Dembele had one decent season at Dortmund and Barca creamed themselves to spend a fortune on him. He's since managed just over 100 games in 5 years, got himself involved in a racism controversy and told 2 clubs he wont join them unless hes guaranteed starter (allegedly - only going by news reports)
    Ravel Morrison was earmarked as the next big thing coming through at Utd with Fergie saying he was the best player he had seen at his age - pity Morrison took that to heart and seems he enjoyed the footballers lifestyle a lot more than the playing bit. I was surprised to read that Morrisson is only 29 - seems to have been around forever

Shane_90 likes this.
  6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

It's mad arsenal are doing sum serious good business. have there shit in order

7. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I remember Everton winning the transfer league a few summers back.

#3687 Niall, Jun 25, 2022 at 10:38 AM
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022 at 10:45 AM
    Brendinho, Stevie S and vodkacolly like this.
  8. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Seems like that every year.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be fair to them if they get the deals across the line that are being reported then they'll have done some very good business.

10. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

It could well turn out good business. I just feel some Liverpool supporters love praising other clubs signings because really they just want us to make three to four signings and any signings at all.

babbsnads likes this.
  11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Plenty of that alright and getting your business done early doesn't help in that regard because they've had their big transfer fix but the excitement has faded and now they're watching other clubs fans get excited so they want to feel it again. Nothing wrong with getting excited about transfers but there's a lot of fans these days who the actual football has become a sideshow. Not saying that about anybody on here by the way,I'm certain the initial post was just admiration for how Arsenal are approaching this window and I share that sentiment.

12. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Fairly underwhelming signings in my opinion

13. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Nothing like that.im happy with ours. Just feel midfielder short.
    Sterling linked away too will pep allow that now

14. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Can't get over Richarlison to spurs.i don't get him as a player, potential but I don't know

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

There is a player in there but he is not as good as he thinks he is. With Kane, Son and That chap they bought in Jan, I don’t think he gets in their team unless of course this leads to Kane to United.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A lot of money for a back up player.

17. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

The new 5 subs rules from next season onwards make it a lot easier to convince players to come in.
    Can only see Richarlison playing backup there but I suppose backup in the CL is better than playing for Frank Lampard at a club thats desperate to get money in the door.

Wonder how long it will take Conte and him to try murder each other.
    Richarlison is as moody as a 14 year old girl

18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Love that he jumped ship...their hero, their legend (with 8 goals) moves in to bigger and better things at...er Spuds!

Stevie S and Niall like this.
  19. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Yes loads of them loving his tweets after the Wolves and Madrid games not retweeting him now :D

Stevie S likes this.