This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I said before Gerrard went there that working with Purslow wasn't a clever move. This loan move essentially neuters their biggest signing which Purslow only made in the summer. Its classic championship manager stuff, no plan just an impulse reaction to a phone call from an agent.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Reading Chris Wood to Newcastle for 20 million.

Reminds of the joke about a camera crew filming a wildlife documentary,when they encounter an agitated Tiger. The camera man takes a pair of running shoes out of his back pack and starts to put them on. The sound engineer tells him he won't outrun a tiger,running shoes or no running shoes. The camera man replies........

"I don't have to outrun the tiger,I just have to outrun you"

Stevie S likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Following the City model, they first went for Villa and Everton's best players, once they passed them they raided Arsenal. Wood and Tarkoski should be enough to relegate Burnley, expect bids for any decent players Watford have.

Terry likes this.
  4. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

A classic from Billy Connolly :)

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Smart plan in fairness, if you can't make yourself sufficiently better make those around you worse. It's impressive and they don't care about the short term costs, avoiding championship at all costs is their only aim.

6. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I love the blurb from the Express - "Newcastle are set to make the second signing of their newfound rich era with the sensational capture of Burnley striker Chris Wood". Someone at the Express needs a copy of the Collins English dictionary as theyve obviously misunderstood the meaning of the word sensational

Not terribly sure Newcastle are strengthening themselves or weakening Burnley to any great degree. Woods been having a mare of a season.
    Cant help thinking that someones had a word in Eddie Howes ear and told him to shelve the notion of attractive attacking football, and stick Woods and Joelinton up front for Saint Maximan to lob ball into, with the caveat that when safety is achieved (hopefully not) they can buy the "pretty footballers" in the coming seasons.

I'm still clinging to the hope that Norwich go on a run and Burnley, Newcastle and Everton get relegated. Like the song say "you got to have a dream....."

7. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Clever to get it done now with burnley other striker of at the african nations. Burnley will probably have to make up some of their extra games while he's away too.

8. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Digne looks a lever signing at 12million - I rate Targett as a steady full back but in Digne and Cash your looking at 2 excellent full backs now.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Saying on Sky now the Digne deal is worth upto 25m

10. JimRyan1985

JimRyan1985
    Expand Collapse

Digne, Coutinho on loan and Bissouma would be a very tidy window for Villa

if Gerrard can sort a CB in the summer (rumors they'll target Gomez) and possibly another forward then they'll be looking very promising going into next season

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Chris Wood to Newcastle @ £25m mustn’t be interested in Origi .

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying it's not clever, both Coutinho and Digne could work out for them. My point was about the chairman he has chosen to work for. Digne wasn't in any plans, he's another impulse signing because he became available. Chairmen who make impulse decisions also sack managers after they have lost a couple of games or a new shiny one is available or even just because they have become bored.

13. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Barca have told Dembele he needs to leave before the end of the month…free agent in the summer…now if ever there was a Michael Edwards special to be had!

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Pity he is useless to be fair. If ever a player ever summed modern football it’s him. James Rodriquez and Coutinho two examples of big money flops however they at least had some previous exceptional runs of form. Dembele had 32 games and 6 goals for Dortmund before he got a massive move.

18 goals in 87 games in last 5 years for Barca.

I wouldn’t even sign him on a free for 50k a week

#3614 GaryMc, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:54 PM
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022 at 12:01 AM
    bobby benitez likes this.
  15. MrMo

MrMo
    Expand Collapse

I think he is the most overrated player in Europe at the moment, a glorified Pogba!! Would hate to see him anywhere near our squad!

16. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think he is rated very highly at all and hasn’t been for a couple of years. Maybe for that reason and the injuries we just stay clear but we’ve been interested before which means he has that combo of talent and mentality and Klopp seeks. With him coming down to the last 6 months and Barca looking him out you would think their might be a deal to be had

17. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I just don’t see LFC going for a player like him. If he had some years back had impressive numbers and there was a chance you could get back to that level, then maybe. Dortmund couldn’t believe their luck when Barca came looking for him with the Neymar money. Now the transfer fee is not the lads fault but he is in a certain wage bracket and he is going to want that again and maybe more if he is on a free. Newcastle seems the obvious destination, hopefully they will be in the Championship though come the summer :D

18. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Pogba is out there on his own as the biggest wasted talent in world football

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

He's a world cup winner and surely a good few Serie A tities to his name also.

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

The prosecution calls Benjamin Mendy.

Stevie S, LFCRebel and Shane_90 like this.