This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

ManU have pulled out of the deal for Dybala. One of the reasons they apparently stated, he doesn't want to leave Juve.

I'd like to announce I'm removing myself from the running to be Irelands next Eurovision entry due to their lack of interest in my song.

Stevie S likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I’d say Di Maria had a word in his ear. Amount of top class players that have gone there in recent years and gone backwards is crazy.

Can’t think of one player they have bought who has improved while there recently.

Rashford was unproven and has done well.

Herrera came with a massive rep, left on a free. Bailly, Lindelof have been poor, Sanchez a disaster, Pogba stock has fallen and they are looking to get rid of Lukaku.

Anthony Martial was almost the most of expense player in the world and he is a bit part player.

How De Gea has stuck it out there I never know.

Beanokelly likes this.
  3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Utd are haunted he had such a disastrous end to last season, to get him signed on again. Hopefully it continues but imagine he'll be back to his usual best again.

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I'd say Utd fans thought they'd won the lotto when it seemed Dybala was being swapped for Lukaku. Delighted he's not going to them as he's a serious talent.
    The best thing they could do is get rid of Sanchez and his astronomical wages as it gives any incoming player and his agent a crazy number to work off.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Kean could be a very good signing for Everton. Looked very good for Juve. Surprised no big clubs were in for him.

6. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Still think he is a bit raw TBH Gary, he has great potential and his physical attributes should suit the PL but could have done with a bit more development.

7. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

In fairness to Dybala he insisted from last season, when Allegri was looking to offload him that he wanted to stay at Juventus. He has sat down with Sarri a couple of times to discuss his options and insisted he wants to be there.

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not criticising Dybala mate,he should definitely look after his own interests and I'm a big fan of way it's going to add to the negativity surrounding the mancs. I just found it funny that one of the reasons given for them ending their interest was that he didn't want to come.

9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Sorry Babb's didn't mean to imply you were criticising Dybala, just pointing out how he has been consistent with his approach which I find refreshing.
    Also delighted that it shows that the Mancs aren't as attractive a proposition anymore unless you are in the Sanchez bracket.

babbsnads likes this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Reading an article this morning about how the Mancs have mastered the art of looking busy and I think theres something in that. They've been linked with over 100 players this window alone and while a lot of those links are coming for elsewhere I think they're happy that happens. Every single window they convince everybody that theres 250/300 million to spend but their net spend is never anything like it. Theres a big gap between their perceived spending power and what they're actually willing to spend.

Irishkop96 and Dubfan like this.
  11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Sky saying Bournemouth have priced Leicester out of a move for Nathan Ake,they want 75m. They say he's two years younger than Maguire and a full Dutch international.And Burnley want 40m for Tarkowski which they're not keen on paying either. To quote The Notorious Big....Mo Money,Mo Problems

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ake, 75m!!! Time to restart the Championship manager 01/02 after 17 seasons and start again

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Greatest game ever made

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Strange times aren't they! Imagine a move between Bournemouth and Leicester even being talked about for that kind of money. They need to go outside of England where clubs aren't as wealthy.

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

With all the money the English teams have and only 3 days left in the window I find it very strange that so many deals are still up in the air. Lukaku, Tierney, Cancelo, even Maguire transfer still hasn't officially gone through. These big clubs obviously have enough money and Maguire and Tierney transfers were always going to go through. I find it crazy that it will be the last few days of the transfer window when they will sign and have missed the chance to integrate over pre season.

#2975 LFCRebel, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  16. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Maguire now confirmed.good enough signing I'd say

17. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Maguire is very good defender however nowhere near the Vidic/Ferdinand level.

A big threat in opposing penalty area.

18. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I keep hearing that but he only scored 5 goals at Leicester and 2 for Hull.

19. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Scored against us in January as if anyone needs reminding !

Irishkop96 likes this.
  20. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Crystal Palace are going to sign Gary Cahill on a free transfer