This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Sideshow away to China?

2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Denis Suarez confirmed to Arsenal on loan with option to buy in the summer

Crouchie on the move again on deadline day. Heading to Burnley with Vokes going the other way. How many deadline day moves has the robotic one had?

3. EireOg191

EireOg191
    Expand Collapse

It’s proper centre half’s arsenal need and they only sign another midfielder.
    Crouch at 38 with another move to a premiership team

Garrett likes this.
  4. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

wasnt sure where to stick this.....

Nantes have begun legal proceedings against Cardiff for the (non) payment of the first 5m of the Sala fee. Not sure how it pertains to paying a transfer fee but Cardiff want answers about why the plane (allegedly) made 3 attempts to take off before finally doing so. Can only guess that the Cardiff lawyers think Nantes had something to do with the chartering of the plane (pure speculation on my part) and want reports from the appropriate authorities before any money changes hands.

All seems very crass to be embroiled in a legal battle before the two mens bodies are recovered.

5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything for certain, but I'd be amazed if the clubs don't have various insurance policies in place on the players to help them recover costs in a sad event like this - some for of life policy, maybe also a critical illness policy on players etc.

6. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Was thinking Cardiff’s insurance could be void or under scrutiny because he didn’t fly by a plane booked by Cardiff

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

That would be a very weird restriction in an insurance policy,no? Surely a players insurance can't only cover transport arranged by the club?

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It might only cover commercial airlines though Babbs, there can be a lot of unusual restrictions in insurance policies. Our own companies insurance policy doesn't cover an event if we've more than 10 people on one flight, it's not often a huge issue but it crops up now and again.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Still seems very restrictive for a PL player when so many use private aircraft.

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I'd tend to agree with you but nothing surprises me with insurance companies. A nuance of whether it was a commercial arrangement with a chartered plane operator who's regulations are different to those in place for privately operated planes could make a difference.

Either way Cardiff don't have a leg to stand on really, they owe the money and should pay up with their insurance claim to follow afterwards if it's covered.

bobby benitez, ROCCO and babbsnads like this.
  11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Yes but usually given permission by your club after they check they’re policy

Remember reading a long while back the list of things the insurance companies put in the contract
    Like no ski holidays , playing kick about with your mates ie a 5 game
    Designated drivers for transport and mode of transport been given the greeen light
    Even the think the players insurance in their own cars is looked at first by the clubs insuravce company and both insurance parties cover certain aspects

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing Cardiff didn't have all their eggs in a row here. If they did then just pay up and let the settlement come in due course.

13. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

This is some serious wage Ramsey will be picking up .

14. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Wonder what a non injury prone good player could manage if Ramsey's getting that.

On Cardiff and insurance, considering the small print a house owner has on their policy, I'd imagine that a policy for players would have a gazillion little vetos in it.
    I found out, on the one occasion I tried to claim on my house insurance that you're not covered for a shower leaking and taking out half the sitting room ceiling. Seems they (the insurer) deem a shower seal as something that WILL eventually fail and so dont cover them. Silly me thinking those were the exact situations you were getting insured against.
    Turns out, they have loads of little clauses like that one, and things like the shower etc arent covered, but I bet I am covered in case of a stampede of wildebeasts knocking over my telly. (as long as I didnt start the stampede I suppose)

ROCCO likes this.
  15. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Fcukin robbing a wage , average player at best

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I would say give that agent a huge pay rise but looks like he's already got it.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes circumstances just align for a player and Juventus probably aren't shelling out any more than they'd have to if they were buying him while he was still under contract. Arsenal giving Ozil that stupid contract would of meant Ramsey looking for close to the 300k a week he's getting and whatever you think of Ramsey in the current climate he's a 40m pound player. Say Juve had to pay that fee and 250k a week wages for the 4 years,you're still looking at a similar cost to what it's costing them this way,and that's what they do. Find free transfers and push the boat out to where other clubs won't,and it gives them an advantage.

I don't think he's worth anything like that layout but if they do then it makes plenty of sense and I think clubs are getting more pragmatic about players out of contract or with not long left on their contracts. We went down that road with Oxlaide Chamberlain.He'd a year left and 35m would of been considered a lot for a player in that situation.But with Chelsea in the frame,we weren't getting him for any less so we've a choice to make. Walk away knowing we're going to have to pay the same or maybe more for our second or third choice,or get the player we want at a price we'd happily pay if he'd 2 or 3 years left on his contract. No brainer really.

18. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

£40m and £250k a week or simply £400k a week for 28 year old Ramsey is a poor transfer for Juventus Imo.

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I wouldn’t take him on a free for a 100k a week at LFC.

A good player, however suspect injury record and when everyone is fit he can’t even get in a poor Arsenal team.

Good luck to him, he is setup now for life, seems a decent enough lad.

ROCCO likes this.
  20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

As I said mate,I don't think he's worth it but an 70 or 80m pound outlay for a 28 year old with his reputation is more or less the going rate.