This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought they got rid of Rooney weeks ago :D

2. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Heard that from some on here last year aswell and we all saw how that worked out

3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Here's hoping it continues so!

4. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Tottenham & United have had poor windows. Tottenham are the first team not to sign a player in the summer window since 1993!!

Pogba could still move in the next 4 weeks as well. The bad news is that I see Maureen gone by Christmas.

5. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's a fascinating incite to be honest and much as I dislike the club they do seem to have a realisation that they cannot allow Jose free reign as his planning is on a very short term and usually ends explosively. Still begs the question why they appointed him in the first place if they are aware of these factors, they maybe rationalised that it was worth it if he delivered a league.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone with a rational view could blame ManU stopping the cycle of Mourinho covering for his own mistakes by throwing stupid money at it,especially since he's obviously partly responsible for the under performance of a lot of those players and there's nothing to suggest that it will result in the improvement needed to close the gap on City.The questions I would be asking though if I was a ManU fan is who at the club is over-ruling Mourinho on football decisions?For instance we've Edwards,Fallows,Hunter etc. who the owners employed for their football knowledge before Klopp came,they'll probably be there after Klopp goes and Mike Gordon and John Henry trust them on football matters. But Ed Woodward is not qualified to tell Jose Mourinho that a player he wants is not much of an improvement on one he has,so I'd be worried if that was the case.

In that situation I'd also be asking what's the point of keeping Mourinho? If you're over-ruling him on not just his opinion that transfer targets are better than what he has,but also making him keep players he'd like to sell,then it's already game over and by keeping him the club are guilty of the same type of short termism thinking they're unhappy with him for.

8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

How was that Bernard lad on a Free. He was linked with loads of clubs for 30 Million about two years ago.

The Ev could be decent if they click. Coleman back fully fit too.

In general it’s a bit of balls that players can still leave until end of the month.

Can still see lots of outs at some clubs

10. kerryred68

kerryred68
    Expand Collapse

Silva is a very good manager and they could improve a lot since last season. A few very good players in and a few poor ones gone, I reckon they will be in the hunt for European football come the end of the season.

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Like last summers splurge the highest they can get again this season is 7th. No doubt if Mina turns out to be an excelkent signing he'll be off to Utd next summer

kerryred68 likes this.
  12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Don't they have some football people on the board? Charlton and Ferguson for starters although I'm not sure were either of them are at head wise. It's great anyway, that club has been ran like a a shambles since Ferguson retired.

vodkacolly likes this.
  13. kerryred68

kerryred68
    Expand Collapse

Probably in a straight swap for Valencia and Young as Everton reduce the age profile of their parent club:D

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Never occurred to me that Woodward might be taking advice from those 2. Either way it's not a recipe for success so work away lads.

15. Brendinho

Brendinho
    Expand Collapse

It must be poisonous behind the scenes at utd. Thoughts and prayers etc.

16. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I personally think since David Gill has gone has a lot to do with it

17. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I’m just glad they are fucking it up. They are able to spend so much money that the fuck up doesn't look that bad. There is very little rhyme or reason to their signings and most are a ‘hey look at the size of my penis’ type of thing eg di Maria, falcao, even Pogba,can you imagine if they had Klopp in there spending the green?

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Manchester United are set to appoint the first director of football in their 140-year history, as soon as the current restructure of the club and expansion of facilities are complete.

The move will allow United a continuity of football style and ethos as well as a more streamlined transfer policy. It is understood this is also recognition by the hierarchy of the need to modernise in an era when managers are often in situ only for the short term. This can lead to disjointed recruitment and a disconnect between the manager and the executive.

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It makes sense but it won't be an easy system to implement and if they're going to do it right they'll have to be willing to take a couple of steps backwards in terms of results,what City and we have is what they should be aiming for. But if how they've been doing things since Ferguson left is anything to go by,they'll do it in a way that keeps them comfortable enough in the top 4 and might even deliver the odd title when things fall their way,but will stop them reaching the full potential of a club with their resources and falling further behind City overall.

Everything City do from top to bottom is about getting the best possible team onto the pitch,we're the same even if there's different reasons for each clubs owners trying to achieve that. ManU's business model under the Glazers will stop that ever being the clubs main goal.That green and gold protest movement was a worthwhile one that went away because they won the league.They haven't challenged for the title in the 5 seasons since and in a game where money is the still the biggest factor in who wins,that should be unthinkable for the richest club in the league and it's happened because what's best for the club and what's best for the owners too often don't match up.

20. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

David Ospina joins Napoli on loan deal from Arsenal

N'Zonzi to Roma £27m

kerryred68 likes this.