This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Norwegian Airlines

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dub13, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Brendinho

Brendinho
    Expand Collapse

But on the plus side, you'll be safe from evil terrorists.

2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'd not bank on that, terrorists always find a way ..... sadly.

3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

So has anybody used these yet..?

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Two of my mates have flown with them, on different occasions. One went on his tod, the other fella brought wife and 3 kids.

• Prices very good (but both of them bought months ago)
    • Journey was grand, although plane and services on board were very basic. The both suggested loading up a laptop with movies to kill the time.
    • Both flew in and out of NY-Stewart, one fella was delayed a few hours and said it was a nightmare as the airport has no facilities. Stewart is a bit of trip, if you are staying in NY btw.
    • Both lads were happy to use them again in the future, assuming they were cheap enough.

prettyboylfc81, Dub13 and STEVE1978 like this.
  5. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Sister flew from NY to Dublin in early December and said it was dirt cheap. She booked it 2 days before she flew and said she saved a few hundred by flying Norwegian. Everyone on board wore jackets and coats as there was no heating but she said it was still worth it.

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Ha that's gas. Much the same as going Ryanair so but wearing layers for completely different reasons

7. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I flew with them from Stewart-Newburgh to Shannon last September, and back again. Worked perfectly both times. Can't go wrong for €99. You have to pay for everthing from bags to food, but i didnt bother, brought a carry on and my sandwiches! :D

Limited enough leg room, but free wifi on the plane I was on, and only a 6hour flight or so. I'd fly them again.

Dub13 and redabbey like this.
  8. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

@edcarroll02 I believe you called this a good while ago.

10. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The airline is not gone bust yet, they have just cancelled transatlantic flights from Ireland, due to the absence of the Boeing 737 Max. However, my mate who works in aviation does predict that they will go bankrupt.

It's disappointing to see the loss of the competition on flights to America from Ireland. But safety first really. I'm glad I survived the 737 Max when I flew on it! ;)

11. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

They still fly from Gatwick to the states and it’s still cheap from there but then you have to get a connecting flight,

12. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Bigger news that some people will let on, I think we’re seeing the beginning of a correction in demand at Dublin with Hainan pulling their Shenzhen route and reducing Beijing, Ethihad talking about reducing frequency, Ethiopian doing their third reorganisation since launching as well...

13. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

On the flip side, Emirates are dangling a carrot for the DAA saying they "may" increase their twice daily Dubai route to 3 times per day, if they vastly improve facilities

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Never thought their business model made sense out of Ireland on the NA although their passenger loads were claimed to be quite good on some routes, they'll blame the loss of the 737 and but Norwegian are in big trouble regardless of this. The whole airline industry could be heading for a big consolidation, there was new airlines springing up every other week the last few years and most of them won't see out a few months if there is a reduction and Brexit is just the kind of issue that could put the market in jeopardy for a while.

The DAA have a bit of a problem on their hands with CAR trying to cut their passenger charges and a few airlines recently talking about reducing frequencies. Dublin to China seemed an unusual move when it was announced and it's being scaled back already. I think our proximity to London probably makes airlines less likely to commit to Dublin in the larger long haul markets.

Dub13 likes this.