This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Non Football Unpopular Opinion Thread (Challenges Encouraged)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by babbsnads, Feb 1, 2019.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to have never watched something. It's kind of like you can't have an opinion until you've watched it, go watch one episode and come back saying you think it's rubbish then you've a valid opinion on it to be unpopular.

2. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

I was like that and said I’ll give it a go. First episode had a midget having a threesome

I knew then I would find it hard to beat this show

Dub13, babbsnads and diceyreilly like this.
  3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Have you seen Home a series away,?

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

:):):):):)

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Billions is better than Game of Thrones.

liverpool4life likes this.
  6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

You'd do well as one of them shock jock lads on the radio just riling people with with comments meant to incite a reaction!

babbsnads likes this.
  7. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

You take that back :)

babbsnads likes this.
  8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Difference between me and them pal is I believe the things I'm saying :)

9. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Spy is one of the funniest movies of the last 10 years. Some of Statham and Rose Byrne's lines are :D:D

Every time its on I find myself watching a fair bit of it.

10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Yup, and by quite a bit....

We are close to the end of S04 of Billions, and I've not yet seen an episode that I didn't think was very good, no way I could say the same about GOT after a similar amount of episodes.

GOT got carried away, dragged out the story far too long in an effort to milk the fuk out of it, and ended up just pi$$in people off, imho.

11. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

No chance. GoT's story arc was going perfectly right up until it rushed through 2 short seasons. If anything we should be looking forward to another season if it had stayed at its perfectly timed pace. It's easy to milk a golden cow.

Billions I like very much. Comparing both is like saying Wall Street is a better film than Fellowship of the Ring.

Season 4 of billions I'm just not getting. The character development of both leads is as realistic as a lovely blonde wan owning 3 dragons.

12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd have to go back to Billions as I lost interest in it at some point in the first series but I do find it hard to believe that it could be considered alongside GOT as one of the all time greats! GOT goes right up there with The Wire, Sopranos and Breaking Bad for me. I'm not sure i can see Billions joining that sort of illustrious competition but I can see how some people rate shows differently and they might see it as better than GOT, they're just horribly wrong ;-)

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's all subjective isn't it. GOT is like Zinedine Zidane to me,brilliant but still somehow manages to be over rated. Billions is probably not not one of the all time great shows but it doesn't have to be to be better than GOT. I'd take Wall Street over Fellowship of the Ring by the way,but then again I'd take Dodgeball over Fellowship of the Ring. I'm not really into that type of thing and GOT was an exception for me. People got caught up in the hype and size of projects like that imo,giving it more value than things that are easier to understand,but just as entertaining and clever. Basically theres no right or wrong answer,its up to the individual.

14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Zidane the player or manager?

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The player.

Probably another unpopular opinion but doesn't crack the top 10 best of all time for me. Still leaves plenty of room to have been brilliant,which he was,but outside the best of the best imo.

16. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Not for me Clive, outside of Messi, Maradonna and I suppose I have to include Pele, then Zidane is right in there among the absolute greats. I have never seen a second of GOT or Billions so have no comment on that.

babbsnads likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think that says it all about how exceptional GOT was, if it was able to hook people in that weren't into that kind of thing at all then it's proved its worth, it's a fantasy show that managed to break the mainstream audience in a massive way. You don't think GOT is up there with the all time greats which is an entirely valid opinion but I'm sure by any metric of general public opinion (your IMDB's etc.) you'll find GOT is regarded up there with the best of them, it doesn't make your opinion wrong it just makes GOT a theme that you're not going to enjoy as much as other top shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad which might be more to your tastes. I'm not sure where Billions would feature on a list of top shows, probably quite a long way down it but it's possible for you and many others to enjoy Billions more than GOT.

18. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

The first season of Billions dropped on sky Altalantic so myself and missus binged it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Season 2 i thought was very good also. Season 3 is where I thought to myself these writers are making this shit up as they go along. Season 4 and the fact I've only seen the first 2 episodes shows I've obviously lost interest which brings me back to the writers and this goes for a lot of shows. Do most of them these days actually have a full plot, development and story arc from start to finish or is it a case of see how our ideas go down, wait for for ratings, budgets and take it from there.

My opinion only but i see what's looks to be going on with Billions very similar to the perfect example of Breaking Bad. A great story line with fantastic actors gaining huge popularity season by season only for HBO and the likes to see how well it's doing and tell the writers to keep her lit. This then becomes detrimental to the show's quality and originality.

19. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Ruined many a series it must have some truth to it. Lost, Prison break, Revenge, Homeland... at least i stopped watching all of them bar Lost. Had too much invested in that one when it went to shit

20. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I know with The Wire they always wanted to do 5 seasons but I think most shows nowadays look at the ratings and then decide "ok, we'll finish it the end of this season" or " we can stretch this out for another year or two".

I thought Breaking Bad should have quit at the end of season 4 but I can guess why they couldn't finish on that ending.
    Season 5 was terrible and with season 1 being poor imo, 3 good years out of 5 isn't a great return from what many consider one of the greatest shows of all time.

It's so long since I saw it but I can't even distinguish the different seasons in The Sopranos.
    And as much as I liked it first time around, I stuck on episode 1 again recently and it did my tits in.
    The fucking whining voices on all of them. Always moaning or shouting and grumpy as fuck.
    The worst thing about The Sopranos for me is there are no likeable main characters. They're all assholes.
    Paulie Walnuts and the consigliere were funny but still assholes. Dr. Melfi was ok but she wasn't even a proper character.
    Tony, his wife, his kids, his mother, family, friends, enemies...all assholes.
    When I watched the very last scene of the last episode, I really didn't care what happened as I had nothing invested in the charecters even after 6 seasons.

I've seen The Wire 3 times and will watch it again.
    I would never watch Breaking Bad or The Sopranos again.
    I've tried 3 times to watch GoT and just can't get in to it. It doesn't live up to the books imo so every episode feels like a disappointment.

If Westworld can maintain it's quality for another few years I think it will deserve to be mentioned amongst the best ever.