This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TubbyReina, Sep 13, 2009.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Jacksonville destoryed Steelers in Week 5 in Pittsburg already this season, Jags are an absolute nightmare for any team that likes to throw the ball. I still think the Steelers should win the game but they'll need to have learnt a lot from that beating they took.

Pats game will be a whitewash. Definitely agree that the game of the weekend if the Vikings one, I can't call it at all. think Vikings have a better chance of going on and challenging for a Bowl but think Saints might win it.

2. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I dabble in it alright but only do the 1 or 3 dollar ones. I'm only breaking even. No big wins. Won my group daily fantasy by 1.5...carolina int at end win it. Closest guy had Kamara and Thomas

GaryMc likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Some good games lined up for London

Seahawks Raiders Oct 14 Spurs New Ground

Eagles Jags and Titans Charges at Wembley weekend are 21st 28th October

4. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

They look good on paper, but Hawks could have a major rebuild going on and Jags best of a terrible bunch, unless they upgrade QB and WR in which case maybe interesting if Wentz is back and fit. Titans suck ass and Chargers will kill them.

Pity messing about with the dates of the last two games.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Hawks and Oakland is the standout for me, should be a good game, two good QB's but both had problems this year. I'd like to see Wilson play live, he's an incredible player but you're right that they're all teams that are unpredictable for this time next year.

6. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t think the eagles would win that game after the first half, but Foles was a total different player in the second, and to do a hard count on your own 2 yard line showed that. Good game that.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Falcons disappointing. Freeman nowhere to be seen and they bring in Ward when it mattered. Strange.

Pats stroll through which is no suprise.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Pat's going to stroll this whole off-season, I think the Falcons on their day might have had the offence to trouble them but the Eagles would be blown away by them, not sure they'll get passed the Vikings anyway so it likely won't matter.

Two great games tonight, Jacksonville going to try disrupt everything the Steelers do on their passing game and Vikings will look for a huge defensive effort against the Saints. Hoping for Steelers and not sure what I want in the other, think the Vikings deserve it.

9. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

Wow, class game, and to think the Jags only scored 10 points at home against the Bills last week.

10. mayokev

mayokev
    Expand Collapse

what a hail mary to win that.

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That was two proper playoff games last night! Steelers just giving up points too easily and Tomlin again makes a ridiculous call with the onside kick to give the Jags the score which ultimately won them the game.

12. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

Lot of hindsight here from the media that not sure I agree with. Can't excuse the shite execution and if he kicks it 10-15 yards and no penalty the ball is at the 50, one first down game is over anyway so gives you two chances to win.

Ben not doing a sneak on either 4th and 1 is inexcusable though, even Brees got one comfortably last night!

That game was BANANAS in the 4th. Nearly went bed at HT, could barely sleep after it was so wired.

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Watched extended highlights without knowing the score. Wow!!!

Expect the Vikings Pats Superbowl, although I did have a sneaky fiver on Jags at 33/1 a while back so will be cheering for them.

14. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

That was an absolutely pulsating night of football. Awful by the safety Marcus Williams but what a brilliant play by diggs. He really has broken saints hearts this year. My mate is a massive saints fan and he is absolutely gutted. Have to say I'm delighted vikings won, but hard to see Patriots stopped now. Hard to have confidence in a Bortles, Keenum or Foles lead offence beating a Brady lead one. I'd really worry about the occasion getting to Foles, Keenum. Keenum can do daft stuff at times and Folees limited.

I suppose broncos won it 2 years ago with Manning, when he was well passed his best.

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Just watching back highlights of the Vikings and Saints, anyone else think the final tackle attempt on Diggs looked a little bit like a guy not trying to hit him. Looked to dive Right by him.

16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

A few theories are that he was afraid of giving away a penalty and another that Diggs was going out of play which would have ended the game. His first season in the league so definite lack of experience at a crucial moment.

Saints coach also getting it because he was seen rubbing it into the Vikings fans as the last play was about to go off as if they had already won. He should have been making sure his players were focused instead of acting the big man. Always seemed a right arrogant swine so delighted for him.

17. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If this don't get you in the mood....

liverpool4life likes this.
  18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Hopefully two decent games.

Brady injured hand could be a smokescreen.

Be cheering on my fiver on Jags for SB but can’t see it if Brian Hoyer starts.

In the other one. Could see overtime in that one which could be a disaster with Work tomorrow?

19. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Hoping for 2 good games, As a pats fan hoping Brady is playing at 100% and we get the win over the Jags, Eagles Vikings game has potential to be a cracker, Hope they live up to the potential

20. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Rumours of Ramsey going infield to cover Gronk. If so that's crazy. Hope jags just trust their D and Bortles doesn't have to throw it too much. If the gamescript doesn't get out of hand, jags run game could hurt Patriots