This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Naby Keita

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Dub13, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

The example about VD is a good one Gary, albeit as you say yourself it's only one game we can judge him on so far.

I'd rather see is pushing a lot harder to sign a new player or two this window, the Keita deal will either happen or it won't this window, but nothing to justify it being the be all and end all to our dealings ... we are down a top player right now, so need to offset that for this window. When we bought Keita (albeit, a deferred purchase), we had Coutinho, so the net position was we were gaining one quality player, but as things stand, even if we get Keita now, we are still down a quality player in the squad so that needs fixing and it's not like we don't have the dosh (even if we ended up doing both) !

Liverpool-law likes this.
  2. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

So, as i lay my head down to sleep it seems like he will be a Liverpool player by the time Monday rolls around.

I have to be honest, this may be THE most exciting signing Liverpool have ever made. He is a game changer and IMO he guarantees us top 4 this season, he is that good.

3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

"The most exciting signing ever"
    Thats some shout
    Have you seen much of him play ?
    What kind of player is he ? Genuine question as Ive only seen him play twice myself and he was sent off in one of the games

Be nice to see him play regularly whenever he does come

4. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I have seen him play a good bit, I mentioned last March/April that he was my dream signing for the summer. I say unfortunately cause I just watch far too much football, the wife hates it .

As for what kind of player, it's hard to pigeon hole him. He will get comparisons to Kante due to the size and, well, other stuff.... He is just an incredible all round midfielder. He is amazing at the "dogsbody" work like Kante but he tops it off by doing all the stuff that will get him noticed by driving forward and dribbling past 4/5 defenders and smashing it into the top corner or laying it on a plate for a team mate.

I can't even think of anyone I could compare him to, the closest would actually be Gerrard. Just unbelievable at everything he does!

I guarantee by the end of the season, none of us will give a toss about Coutinho being sold this month, he will be forgotten about.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

Can he play in goal?

STEVE1978, honald_tdb and LFCRebel like this.
  6. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Couldn't be any worse than Mignolet

honald_tdb, GaryMc and LFCRebel like this.
  7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I think I just peed a bit with excitement.I really hope he's as good as you say. Roll on the summer(or sooner maybe)

Roll on 19 likes this.
  8. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I've watched Keita a fair bit as I like to follow the Bundesliga (not quite as much this season since it moved from ITV4).

I share Melion's excitement about Keita but perhaps not to the same exuberant degree!! He is, however, a great talent and a super prospect.

I think Klopp will make him world class; he really does have that potential. My best comparison would be to Patrick Viera - he plays that role. He will run, mix it and score a goal. He won't disappear and he will bark and snap like Souness did.

He's not Coutinho - he doesn't have that finesse. But I will agree that he could be the signing that we need. in my opinion, we need a player like him rather than a Coutinho as we have Mane, Bobby and Mo.

Put it like this, I loved Phil - it was a true pleasure to watch him play for LFC. However, I think that the squad is better equipped by his departure in January if he is replaced by VVD & Keita.

If we get Lemar (or similar type) in the summer, the squad is beginning to look really good. We still have issues - imo the goalkeeper is a critical position and I have commented on other threads about options such as Leno, Navas & Trapp.

But this is a Keita thread. He's had a poor season but this seems down to the fact that RB wouldn't let him go last summer. They need to let him go now as his heart clearly isn't in it. I can see why they may be annoyed but they all need to move on.

I'm quite excited by his (hopeful) arrival - I hope I'm not let down!!

honald_tdb likes this.
  9. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I’m going say he is a mix of Kante and Tony Yeboa!

10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Seems like yesterday but you have to take your hat off to him.

For those too young to remember, check out his goal against Wimbledon that season. It was a scorcher!!

11. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of a scorcher, the weather that day was absolutely unbelievable. I remember watching that match as my dad lay on the couch beside me shaking with sun stroke, we had been at the beach all day. I wonder how his career ended up because at the start of that season he looked a world beater.... Off to Google I go.

DalglishGold likes this.
  12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Is it true we'll psy £10m less if they only qualify for Europa League rather than Champions League

13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

That seems a very strange thing for a selling club to agree to have put into a contract....

14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

He had a great career long before he ended up in England. My uncle was like joxer, as in he went to Euro 88 and never came back. He ended up in Frankfurt in with a German lady, Frankfurt ended up on the family radar. Yeboah was literary scoring crackers every week, he was a god over there and rightly so.

GaryMc likes this.
  15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Had a dream last night that we paid an additional £25m to get Keita this window

(which would be nuts, money like that would be far better put towards another new player imho)

16. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Starts tonight . BT Sport are showing the game .

kerryred68 likes this.
  17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

DW Sports‏@dw_sports

Ralf Rangnick (Sky Sports): "[Naby Keita] wants to leave us in the summer, he will play with us until the end of the season. He is starting today. There isn't more to say." #RBLS04

18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Keita scores . Some deflection.

#118 Ron1892, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  19. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Perfect way to end his career there then so...:cool:

kerryred68 likes this.
  20. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Went off with 25 minutes to go. Was booked so was probably the wise decision . Didn’t look like a fella who was saying good bye to a team and fans.