This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Movies 2020

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by GaryMc, Jan 1, 2020.

1. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I rewatched the first Terminator only a few weeks ago as it had been many years since I'd last seen it. I can appreciate it is a good movie, particularly for when it was made but I just never liked it as a kid and I still don't. It's funny how it catapulted Arnie to stardom when he famously doesn't do much in it and I will never understand "I'll be back" being a classic line.

I haven't seen the latest SW movie and I have almost zero interest in watching it.
    I still love the first two and enjoy the third despite it's flaws.

2. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

She has all of them but only seen Abominable (liked) and Wizard of Oz (didn't like)
    I checked the movie folder last week and she has 350 ones to choose from. She's 5.
    We didn't even have a VHS player when I was her age.

STEVE1978 likes this.
  3. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Ah ha ha. Mine are 2,6 & 8 so a tough crowd to please.

The Wii made its comeback after 10 years and its proving a great hit.

vodkacolly likes this.
  4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The Peanut Butter Falcon is an excellent movie, a real good feel factor movie! Never been a fan of Shia LeBoeuf but he's very likable in this.

Honda likes this.
  5. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Not usually a war movie watcher, but watched Midway, tbh more because I had recently watched a documentery on the battle of the same name in WWII and wanted to see how true to the facts they stuck and how "Hollywood" they were. Surprisingly they stuck to the facts and made a very watchable film.
    Not likely to be the new Full Metal Jacket but worth a watch

Garrett likes this.
  6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I’ll throw in Star Trek. Never got the appeal of it, give me Lost in Space any day o_O

7. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Ah sci-fi, not a particular genre of film that I like. Some awful far fetched bollox in some of them

Started watching one the other day about a virus that threatened the human race and changed the way they lived and interacted forever. It was fine when it started in some far flung part of Asia that no one really cared about. Eventually it crept into Europe and over towards UK and the island of Ireland. Place went into lockdown and you couldn't even visit your parents. Mad shit

The horse racing kept going mind you

8. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Watched “The Gentlemen” yesterday. Probably one of the best films I’ve seen in a long time. If you like Snatch you will love this film. The way Hugh Grant tells the story is excellent . Colin Farrell is very funny in it. I really really enjoyed it and can’t believe I missed it in the cinema.

Honda, Garrett and STEVE1978 like this.
  9. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I watched it last night. Very good.

Garrett likes this.
  10. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

yeah the gentlemen is very good, great scene when dry eye comes after the main man's missus. hugh grant is very good in it.
    watched downhill the other night, absolute sh1te.

11. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Geek level Star Wars fan. A lot of people not into it and to each their own. I've never watched a full star trek film and maybe warched couple of generation episodes so it all depends on what you're into. Even huge franchise money makers that have devoted fans are not beyond criticism of films within the franchise.

Can Terminator even be classed as a franchise? The last pile of shite comes on the back of the writers/producers telling fans to wipe anything after 2 from memory.

12. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Watched a couple of films yesterday. First one was called "Call of the wild'. It was a good easy watching film about a dog who was kidnapped and brought to Canada and made to work. Its a feel good film so definitely one you can watch with the kids. Harrison Ford is the lead actor in it. Id give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Second one I watched was called "Just Mercey". Its only out a couple of weeks. Its about a black man who was convicted of a murder he did not commit and was put on death row for it. It was based on a true story. Another good film too. Id give this a 8 out of 10.

Garrett likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Watched this last night. Very good and as you say, Colin Farrell stole the show.

red2005 likes this.