This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Mohamed Salah

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Jun 22, 2017.

1. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I think the fact that he is the best in the world atm gives FSG more leverage on other players contracts.
    Agent: If you can afford to give Salah X, you can afford to give my guy Y.
    FSG: Salah is exceptional so we made an exception.
    Player Y leaves or doesn't sign but is more easily replaced than if Salah left and other agents see FSG are only breaking the wage structure for the best player in the world, not the third best player in the world in a certain position (for example).
    I don't think there would be a rake of contracts being turned down and players going elsewhere.

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Yeah I wouldn’t be giving him 500 a week however I’d break the wage structure slightly and add in plenty of incentives. Everton away was probably the first XI with potentially in my Firmino for Jota. Average age was 28 so the window is getting shorter to getting the most out of them. If let’s say Salah does not sign we probably need two players to replace both maybe on 150/200k a week and Risk they may not work out. It’s a tricky one

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

And who would we be afraid of losing in the next few years?
    Trent.
    Ali.
    Virgil. He'll be 34 next contract negotiations?
    Fab. He'll be 32 " " " ?
    We don't generally buy superstars who are looking for mad money so I don't think we'd lose too many potential new singings.
    I'm not saying give Salah what he wants but if we need to go the extra mile on this one, I'm all for it.

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Barcelona getting knocked out won't help his case, I don't believe they are a serious option anyway but it looks like Thursday football after Christmas for a club already struggling to pay its pay.

5. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

We should the 'final destination' for players in there prime who want to win trophies. Salah is a freak of nature numbers back it up, we cannot let him walk for free next summer or even sell him this summer. He is what we want and need. The thought of us dragging out feet over 100k is crazy.
    If not I fear we will turn into a feeder club like Dortmund. Would suit this crowd down to ground.
    Salah is world class and attitude to meet. So what if he is 34 at end of it. Careers don't end at 30 all of sudden

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

In what way would it suit our owners for us to be less attractive to great players?

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think everybody is favour of going the extra mile,even the club. The people who look after recruitment/contracts are some of the most intelligent in football and everything they do is designed to get the best team on the pitch with the finances available. But extra mile is a relative term.. The question is what does that extra mile equate to? And realistically there's going to to be a tipping point.

8. Brendinho

Brendinho
    Expand Collapse

16AC61DD-6660-44A2-8897-3C6AFC41E584.jpeg This is an insane fact. Get the contract sorted.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

December 2020 was when Salah contract saga was first reported. That's over a year of it low. If what has been reported is true and he is looking for double his wages to 400,000 a week then that's 11m the club has saved by not getting the contract sorted yet. Could this be a tactic by FSG to take as long as possible with the situation knowing they will agree by a certain date whilst saving millions until that date has arrived?

10. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

What is Debruyne on - 375,000 a week with his new contract? If so it's hard to argue with Salah deserving parity. I'd rather we pay him that than sign 2 players to replace him with transfer fees and €150k-€200k wages

Irishkop96 likes this.
  11. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think this has been said before but what if Mo is looking for a long contract at 400K a week, I think that might be more of a problem than a heavily performance based one that could get him 400K. The talk of him wanting investment in the team may also hint at the contract offer being performance based, both team and individual so Mo looking for best opportunity to earn with better players around him.

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I love Mo but I'm struggling to care for his plight. If he wants oil rates go play for an oil club. Ask Gini what's that like?

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure he'll tell you it's lucrative anyway.

14. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

I have no doubt salah will still be performing at a high level well into his late thirties, PLUS the man is never injured ! That is golden IMO and its imperative that this is given huge consideration in negotiations which should be put to bed asap

carramagic likes this.
  15. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Definitely. Guys like Mo and Suarez when he was with us who perform consistently at a world class level but are never injured are worth their weight in gold.

If Mo signs a long contract with us he has a chance to be remembered as Liverpool's greatest ever player.

16. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Personally I would give him a week off. He has had 4 extra times in games, he lost the final, and just give him a few days to relax and get himself in order. No need for him against Leicester or Burnley away.

babbsnads and LFCRebel like this.
  17. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I can see the sense in that but also think it could also be argued getting him back at it, could benefit him and us…take his mind off it etc and then give him days off around the Norwich tie maybe

18. Phil Murphy

Phil Murphy
    Expand Collapse

I think he will play against Leicester, feeling like he has a point to prove. Could see him getting a rest v Burnley.

19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

He needs to be back in training, practicing and improving asap.
    Loser.

Shane_90 and babbsnads like this.
  20. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Let's not forget his drive to win individual awards as well, he is 6 goals ahead in the golden boot even with him having missed a few games and he won't want to give anyone an opportunity to close that gap by being out any longer. I think Leicester is a bit early for him myself but I have no doubt he will want to play. Maybe have him on the bench for the last half hour if required?

Phil Murphy likes this.