This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Mohamed Salah

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Welcome Mohamed Salah

Liverpool Football Club have completed the signing of Mohamed Salah from AS Roma.

The 25-year-old agreed a long-term contract with the Reds on Thursday after completing a medical. He will officially become an LFC player on July 1, 2017.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com after the move was sealed, Salah said: “I’m very excited to be here. I’m very happy.

“We have a great team and very good players. I was watching the games last year and everyone was giving 100 per cent to win something.

“Everyone can see the coach gives everything. I hope to see that together we can give everything to win something for the club, for the supporters and for us.”

Salah scored 29 goals in 65 appearances in Serie A across two seasons with Roma.

The Egyptian, who has also previously represented Basel, Chelsea and Fiorentina, has been capped on 52 occasions by his country since 2011, scoring 29 goals in that time.

IMG_4412.JPG

#1 Ron1892, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    smarten and diceyreilly like this.
  2. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

IMG_4413.JPG

Mohamed Salah at Roma:

Appearances: 81
    Goals: 34
    Assists: 18

That's 52 goals or assists in 81 games from the wing.

Welcome to Anfield.

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Klopp: Salah can fulfil his ambitions at Liverpool

Jürgen Klopp believes Liverpool will provide Mohamed Salah with the ideal platform to fulfil ambitions of developing his ability even further and winning silverware.

The 25-year-old tied up a switch to the Reds on Thursday by agreeing a long-term contract with the club, which will officially begin on July 1, 2017.

It’s news that has delighted Klopp, who confirmed he has long admired Salah’s talents since he broke into the first-team set-up at FC Basel in 2012.

“Mohamed has the perfect mix of experience and potential – this is a really exciting signing for us,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“He knows the Premier League, he has pedigree in the Champions League and he is one of the most important players for his country.

“His record in Italy has been outstanding and he possesses qualities that will enhance our team and squad. I have followed him since he emerged at Basel and he has matured into a really good player.

“His pace is incredible, he gives us more attacking threat and we are already strong in this area. I like that we will make it even more competitive.

“Most important though, for us, is that he is hungry, willing and eager to be even better and improve further. He believes in what we are trying to do here at Liverpool and is extremely keen to be part of it. He is very excited about performing for our wonderful supporters.

“He is an ambitious player who wants to win and win at the highest level; he knows he can fulfil those ambitions with Liverpool.

“I welcome him and his family into our Liverpool family.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/266604-klopp-salah-can-fulfil-his-ambitions-at-liverpool

4. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Delighted, wanted us to get him first time around! He looks like a player just starting to peak, if he delivers any where close to the numbers he got at Roma he'll be a bargain!

5. DARREN26

DARREN26
    Expand Collapse

Glad we got him but is he getting the no 11 jersey
    Bad form from club if he is after all the people who would have bought new jersey with firmino 11 on them

6. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Club saying send your 17/18 shirts to the club and Firmino will sign it.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Great signing. Pace Pace Pace. Him and Mane will be scary if they get going.

I am excited :D

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, the shop area of the LFC website now appears to confirm that Bobby will wear number 9 next season.

The T&C's of refunds would seem to exclude anyone being able to exchange a jersey already bought

'Customised player/personalised Liverpool shirts or items cannot be exchanged or refunded. Squad numbers correct at time of publishing: LFC holds no responsibility for subsequent changes to squad numbers or if a player is transferred.'

Don't like that policy myself.

9. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

At last!!!! Welcome Salah!!! Was hoping this wouldn't drag on for the whole summer!

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Just stay off social media if you ever have a bad game.. But welcome to club

11. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Delighted. Much needed pace added

12. DARREN26

DARREN26
    Expand Collapse

From official LFC site at least they done this
    As a gesture to those fans who have already purchased the official 2017-18 jersey with Firmino’s name and number 11 on the back, Roberto would like to offer supporters the opportunity to have them personally signed by him.

All official 2017-18 season shirts with ‘Firmino 11’ printed on them should be sent to Anfield by August 18, 2017 with a stamped self-addressed envelope big enough to contain your jersey.

It will then be signed by Firmino and returned using the self-addressed envelope. Please note that you are required to send proof of purchase with your shirt (e.g. a receipt of purchase which will be returned to you with your shirt). Only shirts purchased before 9pm BST on June 22, 2017 will be signed and any and all postal duty to send to us and return your shirt to you must be paid in full.

13. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Salah: "I appreciate what Firmino did (changing squad numbers). The club asked him and I have to thank him very much." James Pearce

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

At last !

Here's hoping he delivers on the massive expectations that I think some have built up while waiting for this player to be signed... as KopDub correctly points out above, if he delivers even close to what he's done for Roma, then he will indeed prove to be a bargain (and a great addition to LFC).

As for poor old Firmino, he gets his shirt number taken away from him, then gets stiffed with having to sign jerseys and stick them back in envelopes, to then have to try and jam them into a little postbox opening while supposed to be on honeymoon - I'm sure he's delighted with all that :D

Nice to see Salah thanking him for the shirt number all the same.

Speaking of the jersey issue for just a moment longer - wouldn't it make a hell of a lot of sense for the club to arrange a drop off and collect system through the club shops, in addition to posting jerseys all over the place ? ... It would reduce the risk of jerseys going astray, save fans on postage to get their jerseys returned to them, probably speed things up a bit and bring punters into the shops (who might then buy some more stuff, while they are there) :)

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Delighted with first 2 signings. Long may it continue

16. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Flippin' heck!!

17. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Delighted with this one. I know he prefers the right side but is naturally left footed so could see a side with electric pace on both flanks.
    With Coutinho conducting from his new home at number 8 behind either Bobby Firmino or Danny Sturridge, should give plenty of bad days to the opposition.
    Two very good acquisitions to start the summer business, heres hoping for more to come.

Welcome to the club Mohamed.

18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

19. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Should be a great signing. We'll have frightening pace now with him and Mane and surely we'll see Coutinho predominantly in the centre now where he's far more effective.

20. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Can honestly say I've never watched him play for Roma and I have stayed away from You Tube on purpose so the guy has a completely clean slate with me. Welcome to the club. His stats are impressive. We will have great pace on the break now.

Still don't see Firmino as a first 11 player we can depend on week in week out to score enough goals through a season, which seems to be the way we are set up.

GaryMc likes this.