This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Manchester United v Liverpool 12:30 KO Saturday Skysports

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

I am shocked at the amount of flack Lovren is taken on the goals and the amount of slack Can is getting. Surely to god it is Cans job to stand on Lukakus toes. Especially so after the first goes in. A centre half is going to come out 50/50 against Lukaku most days it is on the lads around to make sure nothing comes of the second ball. Far too much stick going Lovrens way, I'm more pissed off with TAA and Can.

bobby benitez likes this.
  2. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

Lovren will never be good enough for us imo. He's shown time and time again his inability to defend against quick players,He's prone to rash unessecary tackles and his positioning is not great. The chance Mata had was pretty much down to his lack of concentration. Van Dijk doesn't worry me TAA will learn and grow from how poor he played and Robertson for me has been very good. Lovren is the weak link. TAA was poor for the opener and the 2nd but when the guy alongside you can't cover your mistakes like he's supposed to then he shouldn't be there. Lovren won't grow from this, he may play well for a few more games but he will cost us down the line again and needs to be replaced imo

kerryred68 likes this.
  3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Lovren, TAA and Can won't be starting for us next season anyway so we'll be improving no end, so not all doom and gloom

4. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Mata chance is on Can surely? Why is he unmarked in the box?

Not saying Lovren is good enough but he is not the scapegoat for Saturday imo I’d upgrade in him 100%

5. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Agree on Can. Lucas was a great man for this job.

Shane_90 likes this.
  6. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

A mix of both Can and Lovren both pointing at the man and neither of them picking him up. When your a defender and there's a man in the box unmarked and you're passing him on you would want to be sure he's being marked which in this case he wasn't. Can shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 imo as he's probably off in the summer but that's a different debate. TAA could well be starting for us next season but Can and Lovren hopefully won't be

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Saturday was certainly the match to take the impending two match ban for ten yellows. Perhaps his mindset was 'I must not foul' if it was I wish that was his philosophy a month back with some stupid bookings for fouls and one for dissent too.

8. DARREN26

DARREN26
    Expand Collapse

Thank fuck for that

GaryMc likes this.
  9. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Thank f**k my prediction went tits up !!

kerryred68 likes this.