This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Manchester United v Liverpool 12:30 KO Saturday Skysports

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

7C05C22B-3F3E-467D-86C8-6C2D3000B6B1.jpeg

Think the winners of this will clinch second spot .
    Don’t think they will be as defensive as they usually are , but then they just might it’s what Jose knows best.

——————- Karius

Trent ——-Lovern—-Van——Robertson

———Can ——-Henderson

————-Ox

—-Salah—-Firmino——Mane

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Draw suits them better than us I'd have said and José always reverts to form in big games, they won't be chasing this game down and will make it difficult for us all over the pitch. We need to ensure we don't over commit and give them chances on the break and no doubt set pieces will be a big focus for them. I'll be honest in telling you that I rarely enjoy games against this lot and I expect Saturday to be no different, would take a draw right now if it was offered but no doubt Klopp has the lads fired up for this one.

Regardless of the result in this game our season will not be defined by it and we'll still be in top 4 no matter what come the end of the weekend.

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Deffo wouldn't take a draw now. We are better than that lot and should be aiming for second spot.
    Go for the win.
    Fcuk the scum.

4. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Agree we should be going for the win , watched both their last 2 games and they were blessed to get all 6 points .

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

12.30 early kick off. Jose to park the bus.

Unless LFC score an early goal this will be a hard watch for the neutral.

Jose is getting plenty of grief but the fact remains they are still second in the league despite LFC unbelievable form since Spurs away.

Hoping for similar to 08/09 and 13/14 were the forwards run riot and they lose their heads.

6. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

True but we keep hearing we can't compete with them, Chelsea and City so to be within two of points of them at this stage of the season isn't so bad :D

NoName7 likes this.
  7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Financially speaking what ourselves and Spurs have done to keep pace with them is genuinely quite incredible. It may not be sustainable in the long run for Spurs as they are miles under the market on wages but both clubs look to be in very strong positions at the moment.

This will be an incredibly hard game to get a win in, they're still a very strong team with a lot of very talented players and have only suffered one home loss all season which was to the runaway league leaders, just looking at the table and they've actually only conceded 6 goals at home all season which is remarkable (fewest in the league). I think a lot of people here are underestimating how difficult a game this one is going to be, honestly think a draw is a great result for us.

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I understand you would think we will struggle Ed. I personally think people just don't fear them as opposed to underestimating them.

9. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

Interested to see who starts in midfield personally I'd have Milner & Ox in there.

Did Hendo go off injured on Tuesday?

10. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I think Chamberlain is a definite starter. Personally think Henderson if fit and Can will also start.

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

There's nothing to be afraid of with them to be honest Nial, they're never going to tear you apart but I think there's a lot of people glossing over exactly how hard to beat they are. Saying a draw is not a good result away to them definitely suggests that they're being underestimated by a lot of our fans and it just doesn't stack up with their home record this season.

Niall likes this.
  12. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Runaway league leaders? Sure we beat them.
    Ed, you seem to have no problem praising and acclaiming our direct opponents, which is fine, very mature and each to their own, but I am much more old school and immature and I prefer to refer to Utd as a team of overpaid cabbages who admittedly, possibly have more talent than their twit of a manager requires of them.
    Calling Utd a very strong team with very talented players and with a remarkable goals conceded stat, and also referring to Spurs as an awesome team in another thread, are not comments or opinions I would ever agree with.
    Especially as both teams are inferior to us.
    However I respect you as a poster and don't expect you to change your admiration for the scum and spuds just to suit me.
    As for the game on Saturday, I am in no way underestimating the task at hand but I definitely do not think a draw is a great result.
    I don't care about their defensive record or how few times they've lost at home.
    I honestly think, "why the fcuk should we let them away with a draw"?
    We are Liverpool. ;)

bobby benitez and Niall like this.
  13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

:)

Fair enough mate we all see it differently and while I do have a certain admiration for what Spurs have done on their budget I want it stated on the record that I have zero admiration for Man Utd in any shape or form, I'll give them kudos on an annual basis when they make nice on the day of the Hillsborough anniversary and it ends there. Every single one of my mates is a Utd fan at home and playing them has been nothing short of a nightmare for me down the years sitting in the pub with them and that's regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

vodkacolly likes this.
  14. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Only decisions to make are TAA or Gomez, Matip or lovren and possibly Ox or Milner

15. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Think theyll b happy with a draw. Think Jose will have more of an eye on Champs leauge game mid week.

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Would have been happier if they had drawn the other night as they are pretty obsessed with being above us and if they were behind us in the league they would come out more and that would suit us. I think they will be happy to sit, keep their shape and hit us on the break now that they are above us in the table coming in to this.

Interestingly I think United have been playing the same solid but ugly and often mediocre football all season - they have gotten lots of points but don't often entertain. But I don't hear united fans giving out about it. If we beat them on saturday though they will be out in force about it. Fact is nothing will have changed other than being behind us. They are happy to watch dour shit as long as they are above us in the table but will start bitching lunchtime saturday, I hope the result goes our way to back that up!

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Every United fan I know is sick to their stomach with the football they play, genuinely delighted to be going well in the CL but fed up of the crap being served up in the league. I've seen a good bit about it in the media too but it will obviously go into overdrive if they lose to us at the weekend.

18. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

NoName7 likes this.
  19. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Jose gives a toss whether he is above us or not.
    I don't think it would change the way he would setup if he was in 3rd spot.

20. NoName7

NoName7
    Expand Collapse