This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Man City V Liverpool

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Gerry, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Fowler's God

Fowler's God
    Expand Collapse

Watch MOTD 2 last night, Jenas still banging that ridiculous drum.

2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

You maybe correct , thought it was Thiago nearest at the time

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Our last 8 games we have only won one in the league v City and they have won 3 with two with 4 goals.
    Wondering does Klopp change things for the semi final v City with a different approach.
    Or do we just take a lot from our second half performance .

The City line up yesterday showed they went for a more energetic side that would press strongly from the first whistle and try to exploit our high line again.

Not expecting us to change our set up but something different, but what , the starting 11 ?

mushypea likes this.
  4. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Hoping city get through against Atletico after 120 mins of absolute shithousery of the highest order from Simeone, and then have 2 legs against Madrid, so they can't rest players.

5. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Agree with that ;)

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

100% this. If They get knocked out of the CL I can see them smashing a few teams. Better for them to have the distraction of a two legged semi. Means more rotation and Pep likes to overthink :D

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather see them gone from the CL entirely, they're probably the best team in it and our biggest obstacle to winning it so get them out of it asap. Having only the league left might see them lose concentration a bit as they'll feel like they've lost again.

bobby benitez likes this.
  8. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'd agree with this, best to have them gone. The way the clash of styles works they seem to have our number.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Probably better for them to play Chelsea in semis so, can't see Real taking them over 2 legs

10. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Jenas is the very definition of a turnip.

Frankly Ive gotten sick listening to all these so called experts talking absolute drivel.
    To read some of the tripe written today in the papers and web, City mustve scored 5 or 6 against our creaking backline.
    They scored once against our high line - ONCE. Did they have chances to score others? yes, but how many points do you get for "couldve scored" - last I checked it was the same as you get for the xG number - zip
    I'd also like to point out we scored TWO goals because we were pushed up high.

In the past weeks and months Ive heard Jenas, Kerr, Delaney, Whelan and a plethora of others talk scathingly about playing the high line and almost to a man they give the same reasoning - THEY dont like it (its a personal preference) and will point to several "chances" the opposition had to score except they were marginally offside. That particular part of it boils my piss no end. If theyre offside, our line worked and they CANNOT score.

I heard Kerr say a few times on CL nights that it will only take a misjudgement of a few inches for us to get caught out. Top notch punditry there. It also only takes a tackle missed by inches, a pass missed by inches or the keepers dive being a few inches short for a team to get caught out too.

The facts that Liverpool have caught teams offside 130 times with second being 76, and have the the second best defensive record in the league, 2 goals behind the best record.

Who, you might ask is that other team with a better goals conceded and are 2nd in the offsides?

Manchester City - and oh, they play a high line too

ROCCO likes this.
  11. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Don't stress about that at all, those pundits are actually helping us big time. The more they focus on it, the more teams think they can exploit it and you only have to look at our record to see that plays into our hands. Long may it continue.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

At some point these fucking muppets are going to explain the system that helps a team not to give up any chances. Granted,I'm not a pundit but if I looked at a team that were arguably one of the two best teams in the world, had only conceded 3 goals in their last 11 games before yesterday,had only conceded 22 league goals overall while also still being the top scorers in the league and progressing in every cup competition to date,winning one.......I'd be praising that teams system to the heavens,because it's obviously massively effective. If host of The One Show Jermaine Jenas,or European under 16 and 18 winning coach Brian Kerr have a way of improving on that that Jurgen Klopp hasn't been able to figure out, then I'd really love to hear about that system.

13. Fowler's God

Fowler's God
    Expand Collapse

Neil Atkinson from The Anfield Wrap absolutely rinsed all the BBC pundits on the BBC Radio Five Live Premier League Sunday show yesterday.

GaryMc likes this.
  14. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I get what your saying and agree about the Champions league and FA Cup I’d rather have them out thinking about both those competitions

But can’t see them losing concentration with the league , I’d think they would be more focused on the league then .

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I am surprised more teams haven't tried that free kick Rodri headed across goal. That's relatively easy to do, I can only remember West Ham trying it last season or maybe the season before. In play we have it down to a tee, set pieces are as much down to a game of chicken that we usually win, all it takes it more patience from the runners to have us in trouble.

16. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Just had a look again at city's first.
    Free kick taken from wrong spot.
    I know it's minor and nothing can be done bout it now.
    But some refs are so pedantic about taking it from the exact spot. Some just let it go

17. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Just thinking at the final whistle on Sunday could that Mahrez moment be our Dembele moment at the Nou Camp mark 2, heres hoping !

smarten likes this.