This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Loris Karius

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by flies, May 24, 2016.

1. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Beanokelly and RedArmagh like this.
  2. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

I'm happy enough with this signing.
    Truth be told I didn't know a lot about him before we where linked but after educating myself I think we have a real gem on our hand. Joel matip is another one I think

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Delighted with this signing.
    Never heard of him this time 2 weeks ago but I don't care.
    I'm just happy we got a seemingly decent keeper in.

4. sully&Red

sully&Red
    Expand Collapse

Great to see transfers being done early. I've been checking him out the last few days and was supposedly voted 2nd best goalkeeper in the German league.

5. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

At the very least, we'll have competition for a goalkeeper - that us what Champions need. Welcome aboard.

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks a great stat, however the average age of goalkeepers is usually older. Still very happy that some important business is being done early.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Hopefully the new number 1. Can't take another season with Mignolet between the sticks

8. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

He'll be wearing the number 1 Jersey anyway. I think he will be given the starting spot come the new season & it'll be up to him then to make it his own

9. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Fingers crossed, he'll prove to be a step up on our Mignolet.

10. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Never heard of him. I will have usual high hopes, expecting the next dasaev or yashin, hell probably be the next Taibi.

Hopefully he is here to challenge to be first choice keeper, seeing as he's already secured the number 1 jersey.

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Great we have addressed the problem ;)

12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Delighted as hopefully it means we have a new number 1

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Delighted as hopefully it means we have a new number 1

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying he's not a factor because I don't know one way or another but I think the absolute certainty a lot seem to have that John Achterberg is a big problem for our goalkeepers a little bit unfair.Apart from maybe 3 seasons we've been weak in that position for a quarter of a century and what's this now for him,his 4th manager? I find it strange that 4 managers have'nt moved him on if he's such a big problem.I understand why questions will be asked but maybe we just sign crap goalkeepers?Even the few seasons of decent goalkeeping from Reina and Dudek still saw two keepers with a big clanger in them.

15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

For whatever reason, we have had our fair share of keepers who were supposedly the next big thing but it just didn't work out...Kirkland, Carson, Calamity James.

16. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

You could be right but I believe this guy needs replacing. He was hired under Hodgson from Tranmere. Hodgson hasnt a clue and Kenny i dont think was in the Job long enough to make his stamp on a position like goalkeeping coach. Rodgers I dont think was the best defensive coach. I know thats alot of excuses. I read rumours linking Christophe Lollichon(chelsea GK coach). Globalaar has been hugly critical of Achterberg.
    From my side without knowing all that much about the art of gloalkeeping it just seems Mingnolet and Reina last years there were an awful lot of Technical errors mainly both were beaten on there near post alot. Also the fact Mignolet/Bogdan inability to do anything on crosses is yet to be addressed is shocking. You could be completely right that Mignolet, Reina and Bogdan are crap but isnt it also possible that John Achterberg is just as ineffective.

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If there's a problem with the goal keeping coach he will be gone this summer, Klopp is all smiles for the cameras but I have a feeling he will be ruthless in going about his job. Anyone who is still there at the end of the summer should be accepted as being there on merit.

Oh and keeping the thread on topic welcome to the club Mr Karius, I hope you can prove to be the end of our goal keeping woes.

babbsnads likes this.
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I definitely wouldn't dismiss the possibility that Achterberg is a problem,I just don't have the certainty about it that a lot of others seem to and think it's a bit harsh to apportion the type of blame he's getting.To reiterate I understand the thinking behind it but there's an awful lot of guesswork involved and it let's the keepers off the hook somewhat.

bobby benitez likes this.
  19. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

The reality is only people see his work day to day can tell but for me none of the goalkeepers have improved under him and his job is essentially to improve whomever may be in that position. I feel Reina, Mingolet and Bogdan all got worse under him. The level we are aiming for I would rather see a coach with proven track record of improving goalkeepers. Tranmere to Liverpool reserves to first team is all he has on his CV as coach for me there is nothing there to assure he is the man that can improve a keeper. I would also be amazed if the Clubs goalkeeping coach didnt have a some input on any keepers signed. For me its not even a case of if the goalkeeping coach is good enough, if Klopp feels there is better attainable he should be all over it and same should apply at every level of the club.

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Agreed Mick, nobody can speak about a coach they know nothing about. He is probably shite given Hodgson appointed him but that alone shouldn't be enough. I am a fan of all things German when it comes to keepers so if Klopp wants to replace him then I would see it as a positive.

babbsnads likes this.