This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by moejoe54, May 14, 2018 at 9:09 PM.

1. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

We play the game at our pace and we win the game by 2 goals.
    STARTING 11
    KARIUS
    TTA
    LOVERN
    VVD
    ROBERTSON
    HENDO
    GINI
    MILNER
    SALAH
    FIRMINO
    MANE

LFC YNWA.

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

It's Lovren, for the love of God it's Lovren :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Skintown Red likes this.
  3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

TTA must be a new full back too :)

4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

:D:D Not a good start with two typos. Should we delete and start again in case it’s back luck :eek:

5. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Need to go back to shcool me tinks....:D
    Someone fix it lol

Liverpool-law likes this.
  6. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Won't let me edit it

7. Liver5t

Liver5t
    Expand Collapse

European Cup final deserves a better opening post, this is hurting my eyes start again, sorry:(

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Really don't want to post in here, feel like I'll jinx the fcuker, a bit like touching the trophy. :eek:
    I'll hold off saying any more till after the game.

9. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

For most neutrals we will be big underdogs going into this match. Madrid are the aristocrats of this competition, I don't know the last time they lost a European Cup, possibly 1981 to us, and they have won the competition 6 times since then. They have a lot of serial winners in their side and one of the best players in the history of the game. Individually they simply have better players than us and always seem to find a way to win.

And yet having said all that, I think that the common consensus amongst most Liverpool fans is that we still have a chance particularly given where we have come from in the last 12 months. I'd put a lot of that down to Klopp and his personality which he has imposed on this team. Neither will we have the advantage of Anfield in a one off final played on neutral territory. I do think that we certainly have a greater chance than many believed we had going into the Istanbul final. We are greater than the sum of our parts and I think if we play to a specific gameplan of trying to stretch the Madrid defence, particulary on the left hand side then we can cause them trouble. We have the artillery up front to do this.

I've seen a lot of Real Madrid recently and they really are a total enigma of a side. They can be both dreadful and brilliant at times and sometimes even within the same match.They have had some very lucky breaks on route to the final with at least 2 favourable penalty decisions falling their way in their last 2 matches. They were outplayed by both Munich and Paris for long spells yet found a way to win. After they undeservedly beat Munich over 2 legs they will have felt that it was job almost done in terms of doing 3 in a row. The t-shirts indicated as much.

I hope that we play with the carefree abandon that we have displayed all season long by simply trying to outscore the opposition. Blitz them early and often and keep the foot on their throat. Their goalkeeper is just as dodgy as ours and their back 4 is prone to errors. They won't be used to the high press that we should be expected to inflict on them in Kiev and we must keep a high line in defence to pin them back. If we can use the underdog status to our advantage, play without any fear then we can do this. It feels as though this game is only a step along the journey that Klopp is taking us on and yet these opportunities do not come around too often. We may well have a better side next season but there is no guarantee we will get back to another European final in the years ahead, it's just the nature of cup football.

Next week is going to feel like a month in the build up but it's great to see us back at the pinnacle of club football. Whatever happens it has been a very good season where we have seen some great attacking football but a CL win would make it the best in a generation.

LFCToohey, ROCCO and Liverpool-law like this.
  10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Some one edit the title please. It’s pathetic. Should read something along the lines off
    : Liverpool v Real Madrid Cup Final.

We all know it’s in Kiev.

11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Press release today from BT Sport saying that they would be broadcasting the CL & EL finals unencrypted in the UK. No mention of Ireland. However last year there was a similar press release that never mentioned Ireland but their coverage was also available here without a BT subscription.

We will know tomorrow night for sure.

12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

13. jonnylpfc

jonnylpfc
    Expand Collapse
    Shankly

Just heard on fm104 that Ramadan starts today what happens to salah and mane regarding food diet water for the biggest game in there career so far

14. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I think I read that they will participate as normal in Ramadan.
    I read comments that Salah mentioned that the second training session was hardest as energy levels dropped

15. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Seems the typos were the least of his problems. MoeJoe, if that's his real name... seems to be having a bit of an Eric Meijer on the being a touting bollox front. But I'll wait to hear the full details before calling him a touting bollox. For the second time

STEVE1978 and Ron1892 like this.
  16. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’ve no worries ,Ramadan over lapped with the last World Cup and by all accounts the players dealt with it .

They have the choice as far as I’m aware to eat on match days and defer fasting to another time .

Each individual will be different .
    Think the biggest worry is dehydration but today they have learned to keep the body hydrated without going against they’re religious beliefs concerning Ramadan

Wouldn’t Be expecting our training sessions at this stage to be to intense more about keeping fresh and a top fitness levels than over doing it.

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

In an interview with Radio MARCA, Alberto Moreno provided a light hearted answer when quizzed on the subject of Salah's training during Ramadan.
    "When it's Ramadan, I'll eat and drink for him, it's the least I can do," he joked.

18. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately channel is still encrypted for the Europa League final.

19. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Could come online at KO

20. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Is it wrong to wake up each morning and be over joyed when you remember lfc are in the CL final followed swiftly by despair knowing I can’t go?
    I should just be happy right? School boy error booking a family holiday without checking the dates:oops:

LayneVedder and GaryMc like this.