This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Manchester City

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Liverpool-law, Oct 5, 2018.

1. FairviewFowler

FairviewFowler
    Expand Collapse

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...klopp-daniel-sturridge-serious-pain-liverpool

"Daniel Sturridge must learn what is pain and what is serious pain, says Klopp"

Only time in his 3 years I've seen Klopp take a play out of Mourinho's book and openly criticise one individual player.

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to think in the 3 years since Klopp made those comments that he has learnt a little bit about Daniel Sturridge and the fact that he made them about a month after taking over at the club probably suggests he hadn't fully understood the situation with Daniel and has never repeated them since (unless you've got something more recent). For what it's worth Sturridge picked up a hamstring injury 10 days after Klopp made those comments, perhaps it was all part of Klopp learning and he might have regretted them himself when he saw him go out for another 40 possibly on the back of the managers advice to learn to play with pain. Either way there's nothing outside of Daniels actual physical injuries which have held him back in my opinion and he's got the physios and surgeons proof to back him up on 90% of this.

I again will say that I think whatever narrative people are selling on this is to fit their own agenda, he had played more minutes at this point last season before picking up a significant injury so lets wait and see how things progress.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm with Ed here.Nobody with any actual knowledge of the situation has ever said Sturridges injuries are in his head,they've questioned his willingness to play with what they consider minor injuries and there's more than enough evidence imo to suggest that Sturridge was right and they were wrong. If people want to call that a mental issue,up to them but I'd call it common sense. Go out and get injured for the team is not going to be considered good advice but it's basically what physios and managers have been telling Sturridge for years.Gerrard was a dickhead putting that in his book because that's when Sturridge went from being injury prone to "a lot of it is in his head".

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Klopp didn't walk into melwood and decide 3 weeks later than Sturridge is x y or z. His comments had to represent the consensus within the backroom staff.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Out with a hamstring injury for a month and a half 10 days after Klopps comments Bobby, do you think he may have regretted voicing those comments if it lead to that injury and what do you make of the fact that he hasn't repeated them since. I may be remembering this wrong too but did Klopp not tear up the medical team since his arrival at the club?

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Niall likes this.
  7. Devs7

Devs7
    Expand Collapse

Apologies for not getting back to you. Mad week. Agree on the Yellows. Mendy's tackle on Firmino was really dirty. Studded from the back.

Liverpool-law likes this.