This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Manchester City Sun 4pm KO

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Jan 9, 2018.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely, it suits us to have space in the middle and not just congest the middle and back 4 with their whole team. City are really missing Jesus right now, Aguero has no pace left of note so they'd no real direct option for us to worry about while we had Mane, Salah and Ox's running right at them all game.

2. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

It’s not knee jerk. Karius is a championship keeper at best. No where near good enough. Klopp said karius would stay in goal if he took his opportunity. He fell at the first hurdle.

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

The best Of the good times !!!

4. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

carnage in 306 when them goals went in

In work since 7 this morning off the boat

day's like yesterday make it all worth it

glen, Stevie S, kopdub and 7 others like this.
  5. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

6. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Amazing performance, I had real belief we could do them before the game, but as usual we don't do things the easy way, cruising in the first half after the goal, then Gomez acts like a 10 year old and Karius forgets to open his hands and is beaten (unforgivably) at his near post. Second half starts and we look pensive and Citeh look in control, then Bobby scores, 2 minutes later Mane buries one, then 7 minutes after that Mo scores a peach from 45 yards, all Gravy :)
    We could have had one or two more, but our old weaknesses come back to nearly screw us completely. When Aguero connected with that header in the 94th minute, I swear my heart proper stopped :)
    But we held out, pissing away that would have caused irreparable damage to the squad mentality, but to hold on can only make this squad feel unbeatable, at home especially.
    The only annoying thing is, if we had not have done a Liverpool and got to 5-1, we would have gone above the Mank filth :) which would have proper topped off an amazing day.
    I'm still pissed :)

bobby benitez and honald_tdb like this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Watched the highlights this morning. Plenty to analyse defensively, however going forward unreal at times. Chamberlain is getting better with every game, major vote of confidence for him to get the start ahead of Milner. Cracking finish.

First time I think I have seen Sane in the flesh and his movement is unreal, a much more fluid player than Sterling.

One thing I found strange is that when in 3 or 4 minutes injury time and holding onto the lead, the manager brings on another sub. Think it was Leicester he did it as well. That only adds another 30 seconds on the clock. Only a minor thing but could have done without that added time:D

In fairness to Pep, he had no complaints and was complimentary of LFC in the interviews I see.

Onwards and Upwards

8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I've noticed that too Gary and obviously that point won't be lost on Klopp but I think it is just to disrupt the opposition's momentum, knock them out of their stride a bit, give us a breather. Not sure I agree with it entirely either, a player just coming in might not be switched on enough for a game being played at 90 miles an hour.

9. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...orget-to-enjoy-football-sometimes-465789.html
    Nice article

“Firmino’s goal was the best. Anyone replicating Fowler’s goal at OId Trafford, when he shrugged off Neville and dinked it past but hardly over Schmeichel, really shouldn’t be asked about his suitability as a striker ever again.

Anfield got its wish and sent Sterling scurrying, inept angry and ineffectual.

His replacement Silva almost turned the game on its head. Careful what you wish for.

By the way, where’s THAT Wijnaldum been all season? We’ll moan about Karius, the defence (Robertson aside) and late energy levels another time.

You forget to enjoy football sometimes, and that match was fantastic. Booing the other team just for having the ball? That was old school.

People said you can get at City and we’ve proved that. It also showed why no game is ever over.”

#149 kopdub, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I read that article KopDub but, for the life of me, couldn't work out what the writer is trying to say. He does like short sentences - it reads like it was written by a 10 year old who had a few too many sherbet dips!!!

kopdub likes this.
  11. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

If city loose one more and draw 6 the league isn’t over:D

Garrett and DalglishGold like this.
  12. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

:D:D, modern journalism ehh

DalglishGold likes this.
  13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Love the left hand side of this picture 7EBC5A48-1A71-407A-A7E7-331868073EFA.jpeg

But the right hand side is priceless , karate kicking on his own again 245804D3-EAB2-4973-98C3-43A98F3662D7.jpeg

14. klopp316

klopp316
    Expand Collapse

What a game, exactly how football should be played. Pure entertainment

15. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

The lad from cork that did the song last week was on the radio this morning, he said the club are bringing him back over next week to meet the team, I presume it's to perform the song for them.

jonnylpfc, Garrett, NoName7 and 2 others like this.
  16. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Meet and greet a few players perk maybe. Good luck to the guy anyway, he's taken a bit of flak on social media but like any Corkman im sure it's rolling off him.

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

He's playing a character, I'd say he doesn't give a bollocks.

Stephen Chawke likes this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Fixed that for you mate ;) :D

robbie st leger likes this.
  19. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Ha :)

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I saw LFCtv tweeted him to follow him so they could DM him, so p probably going to be on one of their shows. Regardless of him being 'the soccer am comedian' I'd say the club have seen the publicity he is getting and think it's a great chance to cash in on it. Prbably be able to buy a toy figure of him in the club shop soon :D

redabbey likes this.