This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Man United 12:30 14th October on Sky

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Ciarán Coogan, Oct 6, 2017.

1. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Oh joyous news :mad::(

2. REDHEART

REDHEART
    Expand Collapse

I'd start Molloy so

3. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Our record of early ko on Saturday is pretty poor.. With mane out. Firmino and sturridge start together.. I'd have milner in middle instead off can. Our defence could do with a Duffy at moment..lukaka will have field day with our CB's.who can head a ball to save themselves..still expecting get a result

4. Mick21

Mick21
    Expand Collapse

I wonder has Klopp even contemplated 3 at the back. Alot of teams now using it again. Maybe our forwards dont suit it but could be an option to stop leaking as many goals. Moreno and Arnold as wing backs. Would be interesting to see maybe.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Duffy is perfect for Ireland, a real backs against the wall defender with little other to do than sit deep and clear everything that comes his way. If Liverpool are resorting to that with only one player out injured then things are pretty bleak for us right now.

I hope we go with our usual game and play with a high intensity, while I've been impressed by how good Utd have been this season and surprised by how attacking they've been most on here have pointed out that they haven't really played any of the top teams yet so with the game being at Anfield if things click for us there's no reason we can't win this one. It will be interesting to see if Jose will revert to form and drop off us completely (which is the smart play for me) or go a bit more open as they have done against the limited opposition they've faced so far this season.

6. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Same CB's kept him quite at his time with Everton so maybe not all doom and gloom, I'm feeling optimistic today that Irish result did wonders, lol

7. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Duffy over klavan all day long, atleast he is good in the air and vocal!

8. ConorKop

ConorKop
    Expand Collapse

With the news of Mane's injury I think Liverpool will lineup;
    Mignolet
    Gomez Matip Lovren Moreno
    Can Hendo Gini
    Salah Firmino Coutinho

Mick21 likes this.
  9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn’t mind bringing Milner in for experience in midfield , he has been decent in the 2 Games he started but not great as a sub.
    That mid 3 doesn’t gel great most games

10. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

We're losing the best of Coutinho if he gets pushed forward imo

I'd push Firmino wide of front 3 and start Sturridge

Coutinho Hendo and either Gini or Can in the middle

Milner for Moreno too please

11. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Any chance Ox will come in as a straight replacement for Mane?

12. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Firmino never plays well out there, plus couthino is can be dangerous off the wing. Moving firmino basically upsets two postions as opposed to one

13. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Every Liverpool fan I speak to seems to be thinking the worst here.. I don't see why, our record against the big teams is incredible last few years. Utd have started very well but in truth they haven't played out of this world and this should be a totally different level to any 1 they have faced so far. I fancy us to beat them.

14. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Diagree on firmino. I think if anything it might take him out of his rut as he's not producing centrally right now

Coutinho is a far more effective player from deep. I've no problem with sturridge coming in bobby out wide and think it would cause problems from utd

15. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

What's the last decent game he played on the left? Goal v Newcastle, couthino scores the goal cutting in from Lhs, he's very effective out there for me! Get your point he's also good at cm but no point shifting firmino from his best position when we have plenty of covet at cm

16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

Hopefully the International Iona’s Break has been a reset for the players. It had a negative impact last time around.

Maybe a bit of sunshine will get Firmino his mojo back, Can scored a great goal and Salah sent his country through to the World Cup.

17. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

For me you have to be playing your best players in their best positions. I'd go as far as to say is the number 9 role Firminos best position? I don't think he's had a decent start to the season at all.

Coutinho cutting in and scoring is a joy to watch. He can do that from playing wide of Hendo or wide of central striker. With him in a front 3 you lose the effect he can have on opening up teams and becomes easier to handle. Him and bobby could be very effective linking up out wide. Would like to see this and Sturridge in who is well overdue a big game.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Putting Coutinho out wide puts Moreno under an awful lot of pressure, he leaves acres of space to be attacked which is okay against weaker opposition but in tight games like this it will create too many chances for the opposition to get at our soft defence unless one of the centre mid players is tasked with covering that exact situation. In saying that I actually think that's exactly what we'll see with Salah, Bobby and Coutinho in the advanced positions and Hendo Can and Gini in the middle.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Thought he was flying up until the Arsenal game but since that international break he has disappeared.

GaryMc likes this.
  20. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Reminds of Moreno's prformance against mancs at home a couple of years ago where Mata bagged 2. Quite possibly one of the worse performances I've ever seen from a full back. No idea how he's won Klopp over. One decent performances against Munich in a pre season doesn't make him better than Milner all of a sudden who i'd pick all day long given the opposition tomorrow.