This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Leicester

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by glen, Nov 11, 2020.

1. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Great performance, great win.

Jota a great signing.

We're the mighty Liverpool, we won it in Madrid!

2. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Coming into this weekend of fixtures Leicester were top. They would have continued top with a win tonight.

3. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

What a performance. Pity about kieta. Serious statement that tonight

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

What a statement tonight
    How good is Fabinho in that defence? Himself and Matip are solid af.
    4 clean sheets in our last 7 games without Virgil.

5. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Super performance tonight. Given all the injuries it makes it even more impressive.

6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Cracking win that

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

5 or 6 nil wouldn't have flattered us tonight,and they're a good side. To be that good with the players we have missing is something else. Without the best RB in the world,the best CB in the world,having to play the best defensive midfielder in the world at CB because we were also without England's best CB. Throw in that we were without England's best midfielder and our top scorer aswell,yet we still put in a performance as impressive as any other team has managed this season.

Pity about Keita because he was playing well but to be honest I've given up all hope of him being a success at Liverpool. We're into his third season and he still hasn't shown any consistency. I know a lot of that is down to injuries but If you're a Leicester fan you'd of been pulling your hair out at Albrightons crossing,it was abysmal and he sold himself really badly for the second goal. How much does Maddison dive by the way? He makes Jack Grealish look like Vinnie Jones and the ref was protecting him like he was an endangered species.

Beano87 likes this.
  8. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I wonder how City would do without Walker, Dias, Laporte, KDB, Rodri and Sterling?

Beano87 likes this.
  9. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Agree with all...many motm performances..robbo was tigerish, milner solid, 99% of his corners aside..pity we didnt improve the goal difference, were still trying to bridge the gap made by villa freakshow...

Garrett likes this.
  10. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I love when this team absolutely spanks a wannabe challenger...we had 5 of the worlds best players in their positions missing and we throttled them

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Very good result.

Delighted for Bobby - he probably should have had a hatrick

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Really comfortable win. Shows the power of the squad when 8 first team squad men are out (include Shaq and Ox) and ease pass Leicester.

Get the win in midweek, seal qualification and play kids in last two games to save legs.

xRedmanLFCx and Garrett like this.
  13. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Great win and a fine performance.

A pity about Naby getting injured again as he was playing decent.

Leicester didn't show ambition at all.

Dubfan likes this.
  14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Maddison does like to fall over but we were happy to help him down. We fouled him early and regularly, brilliant display of disrupting them in transition. We do it so well, make contact above the hip and knock them over with out picking up cards. Bobby Firmino wasn't booked in the first 30 or so games last season (may have gone the whole season, I haven't checked but at one point he had the most fouls without a card). Jones was brilliant at this and so was Naby while he was on.

babbsnads likes this.
  15. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

At kick off in the match who was top of the league - can only beat the league leaders if your playing them not the team that was top 24 hours previous- I take your point albeit technically wrong one

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think the reason we pick up so few yellow cards Bob is because the fouls aren't intentional. I don't think a lot of them were fouls at all but Klopp hates his players giving up fouls and I believe most of it isn't tactical fouling.

17. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

If you look at the vast majority of our fouls, they are invariably the result of running along side opposition player trying to regain possession using body position and strength rather than just pulling a Fernadinho and kicking someone in the knee. When you add in that usually theres at least 2 if not 3 players all crowding the player in possession, the refs seem to think theyre obliged to give a free as soon as the opposition player goes to ground.
    Not for a minute trying to say we dont foul, as we obviously do but there were several cases last night where Milner in particular won the ball cleanly, but the Leicester player got a free for going over.

Anywho, great performance, and result. I wouldnt say Leicester showed no ambition - its their style now and it served them well when they battered City playing exactly as they played last night

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That was a remarkable performance last night, I wasn't really sure what to expect with so many changes and had a bit of concern about Milner at full back but he was actually probably the stand out performer in a lot of ways. He was absolutely destroying Leicester with his early balls in behind their defence which disrupted their gameplan entirely. They kept shovelling the ball down his channel and he continued to make them pay and their failure to move on from that plan lost them their foothold very early on.

We'll have tougher games this season for sure but it was refreshing to see such a zip about our play last night especially considering it was off the back of an international window and we're carrying so many injuries.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't agree Mick, its just like everything else, we are better at it than anyone else.

mushypea and babbsnads like this.
  20. zamaguire

zamaguire
    Expand Collapse

Was not expecting that level of performance. I thought we would get over the line, but just about.