This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Leeds 7.45pm 29/10/22

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by xRedmanLFCx, Oct 29, 2022.

1. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Well done Leeds. That’s possibly saved their manager’s job and it rare to see a struggling team fight so hard for their manager. They often give up and then react after he’s gone which is a pet hate of mine. Villa for example recently. But Leeds did right by their manager tonight. Fair play to them.

I suppose it’s a performance for us that began against fulham on the opening day. And despite a couple of brief flickers of light against Bournemouth and man city, the malaise has been there from the very first minute of the very first game.

A near perfect team from last season. It would have rightly gone down as the best club side ever seen if we won 2 more games….
    …..to this.

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lack of spend will show up in the end. I won't be blaming Klopp for this. Net spend of £115m v some teams spending multiples of that. You cannot rely on miracles. FSG refused to consolidate when we were on top.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think you're right, the intensity which we feed off isn't there and without it the lack of definite structure just leaves us wide open for teams to run through. I can't see Klopp changing this becaues I don't know at what point you can just switch back but I do feel the energy isn't there at the moment to execute his game plan which requires 100% committment.

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit we're a bad team at the minute. Fucked if I know the answer but the diamond isn't it.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

FSG continued to do what had made them so successful in the first place, I can understand their approach on that. To try and change tack from what they were doing just because you're on top doesn't necessarily stack up. I do agree that between Klopp and FSG there was some mistakes made in replenishing our squad and perhaps too much was expected of the likes of Jones and Elliot which put a lot of weight on their shoulders but at the same time we want to see the club developing players.

6. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Is it really a surprise to flog players to exhaustion and freshen even less than you'd expect a team that isn't based on our system? Klopp might end up carrying the can but he is not the problem. If you don't get the financial backing players are human and will run out of steam. This was utterly foreseeable and preventable. Sickened by the ownership. Good luck with fuckng waiting for the right midfielder next summer at this rate. Total financial penny pinching bullshit fucking over our chances.

7. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Fatigue, a lack of investment in the squad and everything in between is bringing us to this shit show. Have to back the manager and players to sort it and yes 100% give the man a few bob towards helping the sorting out.

8. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Not for a minute would I think Klopp is the problem. I'd say he's getting fed up at this stage though.

I wonder if Klopp and Salah hadn't signed their new contracts last season would they do so now. I doubt it.

I hope he has the energy and he gets backed enough to go again and build another team. Its not a given though

9. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The players being burnt out is on Klopp and his management staff. The injuries and nature of them maybe too on the training methods given the prior exertions.
    The lack of significant investment is on the owners but I don’t think one midfielder is the answer.
    The lack of form and some boneheaded decisions is on the players. Top 4 is gone. Not a hope. Now I just hope we finish low enough in table that we avoid the uefa cup and conference league

10. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

Tying all these players to bumper long term contracts might not have been the wisest decision. Some of them seem to be coasting. Gonna make it very hard to clear them out and rebuild.

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Nunez, Diaz, Jota, Thiago and Konate are all signed since we won the league, they are starters so it isn't correct to say we haven't refreshed. Kostas, Elliott, Jones and Carvalho are also new players in the team. The issue is our midfield aged 10 years in 2 months.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  12. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

We're barely meeting the turnover in outgoings, never mind adding to quality. Gini, Mane, Origi, Minami, Lovren, shaqiri and loads of other squad players gone in same time

13. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

We're barely meeting the turnover in outgoings, never mind adding to quality. Gini, Mane, Origi, Minamino, Lovren, Shaqiri gone in that time as well as loads of other squad players.

14. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Midfield was our problem before a ball was kicked this season. Most of players are injury prone.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  15. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Six of our regular starters are 30 years old or over.

Dubfan likes this.
  16. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

No argument there, I was merely stating that we have refreshed, we just haven't done it in midfield and clearly that's the issue. Numbers wise the changes are about what you would want, 2.5 new starters each season.

17. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

100% agree...

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Didn’t see game live, just the highlights. That Gomez pass sort of sums up the season in many ways. Complacent, careless and just not at it mentally.

just get to this World Cup and hope the rest will help many. Get some new signings in January to freshen things up, it’s stale at the moment

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Our last accounts showed we had 23 million in cash reserves so we're spending the money we generate. In the summer,apart from the players we did buy, we bid 80 million for Touchameni and when we missed out there,88 million for Valverde. What's more likely, FSG are big Touchameni and Valverde fans and wouldn't sanction moves for anybody else,or Klopp and his team decided to wait and spend it on players they really wanted? They're not sugar daddies, they've been open about that from the start but they don't take money out and our accounts consistently show the money we take in gets spent. Our money predominantly goes on our big wage bill. I fail to see how the situation we're in is their fault and I'm not blaming Klopp either. But punching above our weight for so long has took its toll. People are desperate for somebody to blame, but maybe we should just take our lumps?

Niall likes this.
  20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Can't see any new signings in Jan tbh. We'd be left with too many in the squad. Keita, Ox and Arthur etc