This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Everton Sunday 2:15 KO

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Dec 7, 2017.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

In my opinion it was a soft peno but why go near him, he was going nowhere. I thought Skrtel was terrible near the end of his Time at LFC but I’d trust him over Lovren. End of injury time last chance for an attack and passes it straight to Everton player.

On the rest of game, thought Solanke worked hard but massive drop in quality and touch. Thought the line up was mad myself.

Henderson shot in injury time made me more mad than the peno decision.

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's Mane for me today, upset with Lovren making that mistake but Mane should have put the game beyond doubt by taking the unselfish choice. If I'm Klopp that's most likely why I'm furious today, we had the chance to win it but our own player took the chance way from us.

djdwainec likes this.
  3. bazburke

bazburke
    Expand Collapse

not surprised it was given. Lovren shouldnt be putting his hands anywhere near his back. mane not centering the ball nearly as bad

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I think the record shows 23 shots but only 3 on target.

We probably had 90% possession in the first half, but couldn't convert that into a sizeable lead...

Agree entirely that it was a soft peno, while technically Lovern was in the wrong, the opponent was going away from goal at that stage as I saw it and we've seen plenty of worse offenses go unchecked so it's a bit frustrating ... but we also get the odd soft peno in our favour, so over time these things balance out.

Sure, Mane should have passed the ball and not taken the shot in hindsight, but I think quite a few players would have made the same decision, even if it wasn't the best decision. Hendo's shot wasn't great, but I don't think I see him as the same talent in front of goal as Mane or others we have so it's easier for me to get past.

We don't have the quality across our squad to start with anything other than our top players, if we want to try and win games regularly... it's that simple for me.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I disagree Garrett, football will always come down to small margins and today we fell foul of them twice. If Mane squares that ball we would have won that game by a 3/4 nil margin by forcing the toffees to leave their box. No matter what team we start if a team is only defending their box you'll struggle to break them down. I'm really pissed off with Mane today, I think he cost us 2 points 100% and more importantly he's cost us momentum in what had been a nice little run for us. The squad selection didn't cost us today, poor decision making by two of our starting 11 cost us today.

djdwainec and LFCRebel like this.
  6. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

100% correct ed

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Plenty of truth , but start our strongest 11 and we would gave walked it today imo
    Even leaving Salah on think we would have won it .

8. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Crazy taken him off, say Big Sam was glad to see the back of him

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've been saying for a few weeks that Salah is surely due a rest, I'm sure the sports science people were the reason that he came off. I can't blame Klopp for that, Salah has played a massive amount of minutes this season, think it's only Moreno and Henderson ahead of him in the entire squad and when you consider how much running Salah does then I'd say he is surely due time off. Pity that Mane is playing quite poorly this season because we can't really rely on him to carry the team the way he did last season and the way Salah is this season.

10. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Was just going to comment on I think the sports science team or whatever you call them are having a strong influence in our line ups. It’s nearly like we aren’t taking into consideration who the opposition are but just how many games we have in a month and going from there

11. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

Just home from the game. Bitterly disappointing. Feels like a loss.
    Mane has to pass, Salah has to score the header, Gomez has to score the header.
    Was in Anfield road, made me sick being close to them bitters celebrating after the game like they won the league. We should have hammered them.
    Not even going into the Lovern thread. Ive said all i have to say the last time about him and Moreno (when both had meltdowns previously) and their brainless actions. The lad was going away from goal and he put his hands on his back. So soft but so silly.

On a seperate note i was really surprised about the poor atmosphere. A few scousers around us tried to get it going and you could tell they were frustrated. HOWEVER, the bile they spewed out at a few of our players (especially hendo) really surprised me. Called every name under the sun and when hendo stuck that shot high near the end a lad went into a 30 second tirade saying that shows why hes such a shit captain. Klopp is right - the captain after Stevie is an impossible task.

Skintown Red likes this.
  12. bazburke

bazburke
    Expand Collapse

agree as well

13. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

>hate drawing a game like that, ESPECIALLY to that pr*ck fat sam:mad:
    >why oh why did klopp not play coco & firminho from the start in such a big game!:rolleyes: solonke should have been brought on midweek for a run out, yet he didn't & instead starts him in the derby!
    > desperate of Mane to go with a shot on his weak foot instead of squaring it...must have wanted to relieve the glory from his goal in last years derby:rolleyes:....
    >Soft peno to give away. The lad played for it as alot of players do these day...He ran into Lovrens path & he duly obliged by raising his arm & 'brushing' off him & giving the ref the excuse:rolleyes:
    >hum dinger of a goal from salah....

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

OK so if we all know that Mane isn't playing well this season (and I agree btw and assume everyone does), then why the fuk don't you start Firmino and Coutinho ?

What was Klopp thinking starting Solanke at a game like today, knowing that he'd also fielded other weaker players instead of Coutinho for example, or Mane because he's not on form ?

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Mane scored two goals during the week, one an incredible volley, Klopp within his rights to trust his players and you cannot account for the selfishness of Mane in that moment, it was out of character for him. I don't blame Klopp for anything yesterday, tiny margins from two players cost us.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I've no problem with the starting line up,that's how we should rotate and over the course of the season it will win us more points than it costs us.I don't even think it cost us in this one,we had more than enough on the pitch to win and should of. If that's a peno by the laws of the game fair enough but there should be 20 more in every game and as usual the fuckin scumbag refs are making it up as they go along.People desperate to blame somebody will blame Lovren but if our defenders have to avoid every bit of contact in the box that might lead to a peno we'll be putting ourselves at a major disadvantage because other teams defenders wont and the refs will 99 times out of 100 ignore it.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He was rested for the Stoke game a couple of weeks ago.

18. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Just back from game my opinions are...
    1.Klopp fooked up by dropping so many players...if game against any of top 5 they would of played.
    2.23 shots 3 on target disgraceful figures.
    3.Hendo was pure dung today....1st game I've been at that he has been pure muck.
    4.Mane at fault for very poor decisions today.
    5.Milner-Gomez-Salah-Solanke-Robbertson & (Ox 2nd half) only 1's who came out of game with any credit.
    6.Everton are a very poor team but worked as a team to get a result.
    7.Klopp should apologise to everyone for his embarrassing reaction after game.A blind man could see it was a pen.

A very frustrating 90 minutes yesterday...

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

On point 1. They wouldn't have.Firmino and Mane were rested against Chelsea.

On point 7. Give your head a wobble.

Garrett, glen, Foxx92 and 3 others like this.
  20. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

:D:p:p

21. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Weird seeing Sammy lee in bluenose shit