This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Barcelona, Wembley 6th August

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by redabbey, May 24, 2016.

1. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Liverpool FC today announced they will face FC Barcelona at Wembley in August as part of the International Champions Cup.

The clash, which was confirmed at a press conference at the national stadium on Tuesday afternoon, will take place on Saturday August 6, kicking off at 5pm BST.

LFC ambassador Gary McAllister and Ronald de Boer, representing Barcelona, were at Wembley today to help launch the news.

McAllister commented: “What an incredible game to round off such a high-profile tournament - and all set under the iconic Wembley arch.

“I’m sure this game will be a great spectacle for Reds fans and football fans in general. I can’t wait.”

The Reds are one of 10 teams competing in the International Champions Cup and will play two matches in California in July before heading back to the UK to face Barcelona.

Charlie Stillitano, chairman of Relevent Sports, said: “Barcelona and Liverpool are two of the biggest football clubs in the world.

“The ability to have these two powerhouse clubs compete is what the ICC is all about and truly an honour. Bringing these clubs and the ICC to Wembley Stadium is an incredible mark of the growth of tournament in only four years.”

Tickets for the game will go on sale for LFC season ticket holders and Members via www.ticketmaster.co.uk on June 1 at 10am.

General sale will commence at 10am on Friday June 3. Ticket prices will start from £26 for adults, with junior tickets priced £15.

2. the 18 yard box

the 18 yard box
    Expand Collapse

@redabbey your the man to ask. Id imagine the 22.05 from Stansted is doable after this?

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Easy, that was the exact same time of the flight I was on after the 16:30 kick off in the League Cup last February and that of course went to extra time and penalties. Just no hanging about at the stadium afterwards. Also queues at Stansted were non existent at that time of night.

4. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

How's this going to work through ticketmaster? Like do we get an end?

5. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Lads a friend looking for 4 for her husband 40th if anyone can help please give me a ring or PM Me 0876980378, cheers and thanks

6. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Am I right in saying that this will be a general sale to the public on the 3rd through ticketmaster,like if you were buying for a concert or something?

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, members and season ticket holder first and then a general sale.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. RMG

RMG
    Expand Collapse

Ticketmaster is a terrible site.

10. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Is it 1 ticket per member or multiple tickets similar to concert general sales.

Just wondering if cards need linking or if that's even possible with these robbing b4stards ticketmaster

11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

mushypea likes this.
  12. eddiem74

eddiem74
    Expand Collapse

What are your thought's on availability in the general sale? Will tickets sell out fast?

Never been to a game and my son loves LFC with Barcelona a close 2nd so this could be his dream game.

My (perhaps naive) strategy might be to buy the tickets 1st and worry about logistics afterwards.

Thoughts?

13. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Eddie, BTW welcome to IK and hopefully the advice you have already got today has been helpful.

History would dictate that there will not be huge demand for Barcelona fans based in Spain, perhaps London based Spanish students might be interested, I don't know. If you are prepared and ready for the minute the general sale starts, I would think you should be able to sort yourself out with purchasing tickets. A lot of us who travel regularly over to matches sort out travel first before tickets, as travel usually only increases, however with a London game there is so much options for travel.

Just a guess from me but I really would not think this match will sell out straight away.

eddiem74 likes this.
  14. eddiem74

eddiem74
    Expand Collapse

Cheers, yeah the advice and responsiveness of members has been great.

So we are not that well travelled...but given the time of the match it would seem like a day trip might work?

Assuming that is feasible what airport would you suggest flying into that offers the most straight forward route to Wembley? Staying over would be considered also if it simplified things.

Thanks again.

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not at all straight forward for a day trip. Distances from Wembley to airports are huge factors in trip planning with a 5pm kickoff. The Ryanair 22:05 flight out of Stansted to Dublin is very reasonably priced at the moment. I was on this flight in February after the League Cup Final. It was a 16:30 kick off as opposed to the 17:00 for this friendly but as you know that match went to extra time and penalties. No queues at Stansted also at that time of night.

eddiem74 likes this.
  16. halfback5

halfback5
    Expand Collapse

Only my opinion forget about the day trip to enjoy match and occasion properly, rather than having to look at the clock the whole time. Loads of things to do in London to pass the time aswell.

17. Dubred

Dubred
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If i buy a membership now will i be able to use it in Wednesdays sale ?

18. eddiem74

eddiem74
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, yeah was chatting with some of the lads in work today and that was the consensus to stay over.

Any suggestions on where to stay, close to Wembley or somewhere else central close to tube/rail?

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

London is so well served by public transport you could literally stay anywhere and it'd be handy to get to/from.
    I was over there a few weeks ago and was struggling for accomodation, found a hostel in a place called Swiss cottage and it was spot on, tube station only down the road.

eddiem74 likes this.
  20. 77kop05

77kop05
    Expand Collapse

I'm taking my young fella, using the Tube hotel off Liverpool St. £70 for 2 bed Saturday night. Train direct from Stansted to Liverpool St and tube direct from there to Wembley.

eddiem74 and STEVE1978 like this.