This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool V Barcelona 2nd leg

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by LFCRebel, May 6, 2019.

1. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

He's a midfielder mate but they throw him in goal if they are stuck. He won't stop growing - size 12 footie boots and adult large kits!!!

Anyway, I have him down to play for Drogheda United first ;)

LFCRebel likes this.
  2. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

Not long home from Liverpool.
    What the fuck happened last night? Jesus i have never witnessed anything like that in my entire life, what a night, what a club and what a fucking atmosphere. UP THE FUCKING REDS :D:D:D:D:D

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i was at chelsea in 05 and was confident there'd never be another night like that at anfield but that probably beat it last night or ran it very close. i'll never know but that moment at the end with all the squad in front of the kop for YNWA looked special.

4. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

It can be hard to get a sense of the atmosphere on tv but at one point it looked like every Red supporter was on their feet for Allez? That must have been magic.

Was the booing of Suarez and the F**K Off Suarez songs quite noticeable?

Looked like Barca fans sang YNWA at the start also? They weren't singing it at the end!!

5. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Messi had a fleeting look at the Kop while "You'll never walk alone" was drowning out the champion league anthem.
    He was worried before it even started. .............Rightly so

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We'll never not have opinions on personnel decisions Klopp makes, he should have kept that player,he should have bought cover for that position etc. but the character and morale this squad has didn't happen by accident and in case we needed reminding,last night showed us that those qualities are as important to this team as anything else. He's a genius on these matters and that should be considered in everybody's opinions about what he's doing right or wrong with the make up of his squad.

xRedmanLFCx and mark buckley like this.
  7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

What you're really saying is if we kept Sakho we wouldn't have been 3 down in the first place.

Joking aside binning him when he was probably our best defender can't be under estimated, bringing the team down to celebrate a shit result at home to West Brom was widely mocked. Even the latest thing of saying Brewster will play next season, what that does for his confidence now and over the summer must be incredible.

I really can't think of anything negative any current or departed player has ever said about Klopp, having a manager you would take a bullet for is a rare thing but Klopp is in that category.

xRedmanLFCx and babbsnads like this.
  8. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I fully agree Bobby.

No manager should ever be beyond reproach but JK's philosophy is clearly something that the players buy into. He (and his team) obviously look at a player's character as well as their ability, injury record etc to foresee, as much as possible, if a player will suit that style of play, buy into the culture etc.

Shaq is a great example. He came with a reputation of being a bit of a sulk and a sense of arrogance. Klopp must have seen something else in him besides ability and price. Whilst he hasnt been a regular, he has contributed every time that he has played.

VVD & Keita - Klopp made it known that he wanted them and would wait rather than seek a replacement.

The development of this team in 3 years is immense. 3 european finals and they have bridged a 25 point gap on City in 1 season.Players talk to each other; they will see Klopp's players running through walls for him. So when the next Mbappe is looking, LFC is now an elite "top table" option.

I only hope that they get the success that they deserve.

xRedmanLFCx and bobby benitez like this.
  9. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Last night watchin that game all emotions came out, at the end cryin wit joy. This season it feels like the footballing world has been againist us , willing us to loss for no other reason other than pure jealously and this bullshit that our fans will be unbearable to listen to, we win no6 i wudnt be as unbearable as if we win pl , but im goin to celebrate and do it my way. Klopp has turned this team to one of the best in the world not by spending billons but by old fashioned work ethic and pride in that wonderfull city and club. Screw the rest we're back and we're not going away for a longgg time yet, get used of us being us as dat wat makes us the best fans in the world !!!

10. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that nugget of "we'd be unbearable" if we won the league or CL.....name a single clubs supporter that WOULDNT be.

Didnt Danny Simpson - that legendary FB from Leicester - hold up his PL medal and laugh that he had more than Stevie G?
    I've had Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and even a Leicester fan (didnt realise they existed outside Leicester and MoTD) giving it the big one over the years about how wonderful they are and how far we've fallen.
    If we win either (or both!) comps too right I'll be giving it back to them, and we'll all be well within our rights.
    This fantastic team has matched the supposed greatest squad assembled blow for blow over 37 games so far, somehow clawing back a 25 point deficit in a single season losing ONE game.
    We've got the 2 top scorers in the league, the best defense in the league, and a squad of players who would run through a brick wall for the manager, club and fans.
    We've knocked Napoli, Bayern and now Barca out of the biggest club competition in the world, producing one of the best away displays in Munich and THE best home display last night.

If all that culminates in one or two big trophies at the end of the season, why the hell WOULDNT we crow.

flies likes this.
  11. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

3 words to describe last night

LIVERPOOL
    FOOTBALL
    CLUB

12. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Still buzzing. Haven't done a tap in work all day.

Just watching all the reaction videos on youtube.

I'm going to break out loud in work soon "Allez Allez Allez "

13. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Never done a tap yesterday either for completely different reasons and Monday was a bank holiday, productivity has been non existent this week.

Honda, Stevie S and bobby benitez like this.
  14. david_w

david_w
    Expand Collapse

Yep I echo that. I haven't managed to do much in work. I keep refreshing sites just to read some more reports or view more pics.
    Was up til all hours last night. The adrenaline was still pumping through my veins at 2am.

Honda and bobby benitez like this.
  15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Seeing Milner crying while hugging Klopp broke me. He must have thought his chance was gone with the final last year. Now he has a chance to get that Champions League winners medal. That realization must have been overwhelming for him.

17. david_w

david_w
    Expand Collapse

Do you know what? I'm thrilled for Henderson too. Would love to see him lift that trophy aloft.

18. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Anyone know where next season European super cup is being played . It’s looking like arsenal or Chelsea as likely opponents if we win the champions league and also the world club championship

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Brilliant, compare it go Martin Tyler clinging to some faint hope VAR has spotted something, somewhere, anywhere, surely we can rule it out, it can't be right, I've not come here to see them win.

Stevie S, Irishkop96 and GaryMc like this.
  20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Istanbul I believe.

glen likes this.