This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool V Barcelona 2nd leg

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by LFCRebel, May 6, 2019.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Mad no thread on thís yet. No Bobby, no Salah. Who to start is the big question.
    I'd start Shaqiri, Ox and Mane myself but Klopp will have a different idea. It's a free hit if you like, give 100%, have no regrets and that's all we can ask for.
    The atmosphere at Anfield will be electric because of Leicester"s result tonight.

Garrett likes this.
  2. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Hard to believe the thread is only going up now alright.

Shaqiri, Mane & Origi up front. Trent in for Gomez with Wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho in midfield. Play helter skelter high tempo for the first 20 minutes and hope to get an early goal.

It's a shot to nothing this match, if we get soundly beat here then so be it nobody gives us a chance anyway. We have a 5 day recovery after this match so we can afford to throw the kitchen sink at it.

3. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

There is a thread already!

4. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

The possibility of Barca scoring and both Salah and Firmino out is making it very hard to see us pulling out a miracle

5. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Think mate its more a sign of what we as Liverpool supporters really want, regardless of the idea of Big Ears for a 6th time, virtually nobody is thinking about anything else other than the game tonight. After the game tonight, there'll be plenty of chat about tomorrow night - mostly over team selections depending on what happens.

Strongly thinking of contacting Gary Lineker and offering to co host MoTD in my boxers with him next season if his lot can do us a solid tonight.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  6. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, think the other thread is the ticket one.:oops:

7. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Shaq will hopefully be a given but who gets the other berth? Origi on a high from the weekend, greater pace and work ethic or Sturridge with the better finishing quality?

Would’ve loved Ox to have more playing time under his belt as think he would be perfect for this game

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

We have to go all out, attack from the second the whistle goes with absolutely no let up... if we have to go out, lets go out in a blaze of glory.

Apparently Brewster is getting a spot on the bench, could prove very interesting to see what a young fella given such a massive opportunity would do if brought on.

9. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

Theres also rumour he could start

10. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Just seems that in the last 2 weeks the stars have been aligning & not in our favor.

There’s my team, give them hell from the first whistle, this is a European Cup Semi-Final in Anfield – leave it all on the pitch.

Alisson

TAA Matip Van Dijk Roberston

Milner Fabinho Oxlade-Chamberlain

Shaqiri Sturridge Mane

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I can envisage something mad by the way Klopp spoke yesterday.

Alisson
    TAA Lovren Matip Robbo
    Hendo Fab Gini
    Sadio Virgil Brewster

Probably won't be as mad as that in fairness but I could see Mane Gini and Brewster forming a front 3.

12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Really struggling to get my ahead around the fact that this game is tonight. It's a pity that it's fallen at the worst possible time for us and we're so far behind already because if we were full strength you just never quite know.

I'd like to see us going with a positive team for this one, we might as well lose by another 2 if we're not going to win but at least if we go with an attacking lineup we might just give them a wobble and see what happens.

Normal back 4 with TAA at full back, Hendo, Fabinho and Gini in the middle with Shaq, Sturridge & Mane up top. If Gini going to fill in for Bobby up top then I'd pul Milner in for Sturridge but it would weaken us a bit in the middle.

13. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure the crowd will be at maximum decibel levels tonight and if we tear into them we could give them a good rattle. Really really hope the ref doesn't fall for their bullshit feigning injury or persistently breaking up play with niggling fouls. An early card for one of them might send out a message.

14. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I am of the same thinking Ed regarding this match been on tonight.
    Literally cant Believe we are playing a European cup Semi final tonight. An early goal would help crank the atmosphere even more.
    Hope the players arent as deflated as our fan base at the moment or we could get hammered.

15. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

We would be relegated Paul at this stage if some of our own supporters game predictions came through over the season!!!!!!!

Pfoley likes this.
  16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

You know since Klopp has taken over I don't think I've ever been worried about us getting hammered by anyone but I think more often than not it's impossible for teams to hammer us because they're so terrified to ever really go for us because of our threats at the other end, we don't quite have that ominous threat up top tonight but in a weird way maybe Barca underestimate us or something and turn up thinking this thing is dead and buried. But sadly I think Barca will almost certainly get a goal tonight and that means the tie is over.

Pfoley likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

95.5% of our fans on this site voted that we'd finish first or second in the league this year so I find that very hard to believe that anyone has been predicting doom and gloom of any scenario Niall.

18. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Still on the first page of this thread and it's the 2nd leg of a European Cup semi final which should be as big as it gets. Bizarre but perhaps understandable. I have felt deflated all day and will be glad of the distraction (if you can call it that) of a CL semi final tonight. Very little expectation on our lads other than to go out and give it absolutely everything and see what happens. Anyone going to the match should enjoy Messi for the genius that he is might never see a better player on the Anfield pitch.

xRedmanLFCx and Niall like this.
  19. God

God
    Expand Collapse

What ever team is picked, it'll be better than the one Rodgers put out against Real a few years ago. They'll have a good crack off them but unlikely. I'll enjoy watching it more than the City game last night.

20. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME
    Expand Collapse

Have huge belief in Brewster and really hope he plays tonight.

He is the real deal and will hopefully play with youthful exuberance if he gets the nod tonight and shows what a talent he is!

Niall likes this.