This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Atalanta 25th November 20.00

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Liverpool-law, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I hope we put out our strongest team possible and look to put the group to bed tomorrow night. Could play a complete fringe side next week after the Brighton game and rest players before Wolves (and in the run up to an even busier December) if we get the job done tomorrow. I'd go as close to the side that played Leicester as possible, taking into account the medical advice of course. Atalanta really need a win so you would imagine they will be up for it and they can play. But if we play like we did on Sunday, they won't be able for us.

mushypea likes this.
  2. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Excited to see how Klopp handles the team selection for this one.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A good few of the young lads will be praying for a victory in this one. That will mean a huge opportunity for them in the last 2 group games and the appearance fee for CL games is huge:)

4. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Going by our last 3 team selections in this competition there will be changes. Wouldn’t be surprised to see neco start with Millie in midfield. Depending on availability of Thiago or hendo.

5. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Be interesting to see what selection Klopp goes for. I can see him making 3 or 4 changes.

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Mo should be back which helps. Matip is now the most important player we have, he doesn't need to be anywhere near any of these CL games as far as I'm concerned.

mushypea and Beano87 like this.
  7. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Ya confirmed he is available for tomorrow night

babbsnads likes this.
  8. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Do you go strong and box this off as mentioned by liverpool law or do you wrap certain players in bubble wrap as Bobby said. Its a peculiar one

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Box it off, the benefit of making two games dead rubbers later on down the road is worth going after now. Mo needs minutes too so leave him off the leash.

mushypea likes this.
  10. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I’d be leaving Matip out for sure but I guess that will depend on William’s availability.

Hope Mini gets a start

11. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Klopp on Thiago and other fitness doubts: "No news. We will see. I don't want to speak too much about it because I have no idea who Atalanta can bring so why should we give any information?"

12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

We have two home games and away game to bottom of the group couldn’t be any better at set up , with 3 bites of the cherry and we probably only need a nibble wondering will Klopp rest a few for this ( Matip for one )

13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He's going all out fook everyone mode. I like it

Skintown Red likes this.
  14. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

I’d leave matip out too but I think he will be at least on the bench after his presser today

15. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Atalanta aren't going that well at the moment but are a funny team, their style is very open as we have all seen from the first game. They tend to create a lot of chances but this hasn't been the case lately. They have Gosens back who is a big player for them and are very reliant on an old but brilliant Gomes for creativity at best he usually goes for 60mins in a game. They most likely won't have Muriel to bring on so shouldn't be as potent and while Zapata is strong and direct he usually isn't that clinical, Ilicic is more clinical but a bit rusty. Based on this I think we can rest a few and still get the result we need, I wouldn't risk Matip against Zapata as I think a pacier centre back is more what is required to handle him. They should be able to exploit the space behind our full backs but they will give our front 3 loads of space at the opposite end so if we play them with a shoot out in mind and go with the strongest attack available we should come out on top in a 4-3 type thriller or we could spank them 4 or 5 nil, they are just that sort of team.

thenewguy and mushypea like this.
  16. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Best available 11 get the points move on and rest in the last two games if necessary it’s not even a debate in my eyes

Terry likes this.
  17. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Quick turnaround to the Brighton game, which is the more important game imo, may mean changes being made here

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I’d play a near enough full strength, get the win and play Kids in last two.

Alisson, Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Gini, Jones, Minamino, Jota, Firmino, Mane

2-0 up at half time and give Tsimikas and Origi a run out.

19. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

If go strong maybe with the exception of Matip. With the 5 subs we can get the lads off once the job is done

ROCCO likes this.
  20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

With the 4 subs I'd say Matip and Fab get 45 each alongside Williams or maybe even Gini. Jota and Sadio will probably get 45 each too.