This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

LFC small talk

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Dub13, Feb 1, 2013.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

No, not a hope I'd say.

Stevie S likes this.
  4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Up the dubs.

Stevie S likes this.
  5. Timemachine

Timemachine
    Expand Collapse

I hope not, be fuckin embarassing if we are doing a parade for finishing second.

vodkacolly likes this.
  6. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

There's no way they cud hav a parade. Hopefully one after champions league final :)

7. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

See you there

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

redabbey likes this.
  9. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this has been commented on but has anyone seen the video of the Man City players singing their version off Allez Allez Allez and basically mocking us and our fans being 'battered in the streets'!!!!

Bunch of ugly fucking bastards!!!Am absolutely fucking sickened the dirty fucking tramps!!!!!

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I honestly can’t make out any City players in that clip?

11. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Nor can I, but a City spokesperson has come out to defend the song and that video.

A City spokesperson said: "The song in question, which has been a regular chant during the 2018-19 season, refers to the 2018 UEFA Champions League final in Kiev. Any suggestion that the lyrics relate to Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation."
    To me that would mean it was the City team in that video.

GaryMc likes this.
  12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

"Beaten in the streets" regardless of the intended "good natured banter" they obviously feel that this is there's no way that they can expect there to be no association with Sean Cox when it happened so soon before the CL final, even if there's no intended reference to Sean Cox it's stupid for players to be singing any chants celebrating any fans being beaten in the streets anywhere. City should really have put this to bed and called it a stupid act and the players were only signing a chant that they hadn't considered the meaning of.

LFCRebel, this, Honda and 1 other person like this.
  13. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Definitely agree. Really shows a lack of class and taking people for absolute tools with that statement.

14. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Whether the chant is about Sean Cox or random LFC fans being assaulted in Kiev is immaterial, its fucked up either way. For what its worth, personally I believe 100% that it was about the attack against Sean & I would love it if the club came out with a statement. Just seeing our manager & players with all the genuine messages of congratulations to them over the last few days, whilst the City players sing along to such hateful, bitter shite.

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

We've been nothing but gracious in defeat and Klopp never said a word out of place. Thought Pep was always inclined to get a subtle dig in regardless (keeps talking about being 7 points down, regardless of that being at the start of January with a game at home to bring it back to 4 points but he keeps bringing it up like they were 7 points down with 3 games to play) and the likes of the Gallaghers add to the classless element. Start of the season no one was going to come within 25 points of them, by the end they had overcome all the bias in favour of Liverpool. :rolleyes:

Best place to let this play out is in the court of public opinion.

16. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I always go back to Roger Federer when talking to kids or young adults about respect and being gracious in defeat or when winning.

He is the best example of showing respect when you win or lose.

No excuses if he loses and always compliments his opponent. Never talks about himself. (self praise is no praise)

A pity City aren't like this though as it gives you a likability factor. Just shows they don't care

17. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME
    Expand Collapse

They are clearly a bunch of jealous spiteful wankers.

Looks like they will win the treble but we are still the team on everyones lips and all everyone is on bout is the Champions League Final.

The press and almost everyone gives Klopp alot more love than Pep and you can see it does Peps head in.Even Peps stupid digs bout the 7 points haven't got a response from Klopp and you can see Pep is seething they don't get the credit he feels he deserves even though he bought it with Man City and Bayern and was fucking blessed to walk into that Barca team with Messi,Xavi and Iniesta amongst others.

Have grown to love Klopp even more in defeat as he still bounces back even with the run of finals defeats he has had or the way we lost the league.A true class act and when we win number 6 I will be so happy that monkey will be off his back with regards losing finals.

Sterling won awards and no one cared outside of their club whereas Van Dijk is universally loved by almost everyone.

They aren't even Man Utds biggest rivals and that would never change even if they win the next 100 titles and when they lose all their Arabs millions they will be back playing Doncaster and Gillingham where they belong.

A soulless club who struggle to sell out their soulless stadium.

I really have grown to despise them now!

18. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-5-16_13-48-16.jpeg

18 years ago today.

19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Not a bad front 6 of legends in that pic.

20. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I'd hardly call Danny Murphy or Markus Babbel legends now

Emlyn Hughes
    Ron yeats
    Dalglish
    Hansen
    Rush
    I'd class them and more like their ilk as legends but two of those 6 you classed as legends wouldn't get near that stature for me
    Great memories though of that night