This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Leeds v Liverpool 12th September 16.30

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by Liverpool-law, Sep 10, 2021.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Fukcing hell that's closer to a red than yellow. The Mee one you mentioned looked potentially like a red, he appeared to me (on the only viewing they showed) that he went through Richarlison with excessive force for absolutely no reason. There was another tackle in midfield in the first half that was close to assault that they didn't show a replay of. Wasn't watching all the second half, did they show replays of that assault above?

2. red2005

red2005
    Expand Collapse

Yes they did still don't know how it's not even a free

3. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Even in our game they didn't replay incidents that definitely looked like frees. It's as if the EPL have directed TV companies not to show borderline incidents?!

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's a concept that I'd understand if there wasn't billions of different ways of accessing and viewing these incidents over and over. They reckon there'll be less controversy if they don't highlight the issues as much as previously same way they're hoping not showing the VAR reviews will take the controversy out of that too.

If they focussed more on doing things correctly they might have more luck improving matters.

5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Salah was fouled outside their box right before their first chance and they never showed a replay of that.

6. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand how the ref gave a red.
    He saw the incident and thought it was fine.
    How can he change his mind and say it was a bad challenge and not a blameless accident?
    Pretty sure his assistants didn't have a word in his ear.
    I'm not nit picking. Just curious.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Apparently the assistant did have a word in his ear and told him it was a red card. The ref informed the VAR he was giving the red, which left the VAR only having to check if it was a clear and obvious error.

I was accusing Martin Tyler of talking bollocks when he said the ref was always going to give a red card, but in fairness that's probably the context he meant it in.

vodkacolly likes this.
  8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was the red given before or after Klopp spoke with the ref. I thought Shreeves in post match interview was getting at that part and Klopp kind of cut him off.

9. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure it was after.

10. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I initially thought this letting the game flow business was designed with keeping stupid little nothing coming togethers being blown up for frees.
    What it actually seems to have done is give shithouse tactics the all clear. Neither Ben Mee nor James Tarkowski will EVER be accused of being finesse players, but between them last night they made three (and I use the term lightly) tackles that were way over the top in terms of the force used. The one where Tarkowski upended Richarlison was a flippin assault - and to be championing an Everton player makes me feel icky.

Harvey Elliott is sidelined for a minimum of 3 months because of a tackle from behind, with both feet off the ground. Then you get Tyler, Neville,Carra and their "we dont want to see the physical side taken from the game" and "football is a contact sport" - no it aint...Rugby is a contact sport. I know and accept that theres a lot of incidental contact in football, but theres no kind of legal deliberate contact in the game, so to hear Elliotts injury being classified as "one of those things in football" boils my piss - it happened in football because some mogger decided to leap at the ball with no thought for consequence as to what may happen to his opponant, which even if he DID have, he couldnt do didly about as hes now doing his superman impression and has no contact with the ground.

Maybe I just get riled up by Tyler and Neville too easily, but as mentioned Danial James (another little shit I cant stand) came on and they spent 5 minutes talking about how his first attempted move to Leeds fell through and Utd took him - in the meantime 20 seconds into his Leeds debut, James had presumably been attacked by an invisible ninja and hit the deck to win yet another in a long line of frees he gets for falling over and looking childlike.

babbsnads and Liverpool-law like this.
  11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

12. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Not on Instagram but apparently Elliott said: "Wasn't his fault whatsoever! Neither was it a red card, just a freak accident, but these things happen in football."

Didn't see a replay myself but in real time I thought it was a bad tackle.