This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

League of Ireland

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by born red 79, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

Bohs were better team in first half and rovers better team in second half with 10 men. Rovers had the better chances to win it and very nearly did in the last minute. 49% 51% possession tells its own story as well. Won't take anything away from a good bohs performance but I wouldn't say they were miles better on the night. Overall a great game of football. Here's hoping for a full capacity of grounds from this week onwards

D7Hooper likes this.
  2. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Those possession stats tell me nothing about the match
    Rovers first proper attempt in target was in the 70th minute they were not the better team in the 2nd half
    Maybe from when they scored onwards and that the goal gave them the extra push but Bohs could have and should have scored at least 1 more after the break before the keeper howler
    2 points dropped by Bohs considering the way the game was going
    And I’m not a Bohs or rovers fan so watched it unbiased and totally neutral

3. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

When u go in at half time 1 up against 10 men having been the better team for the first half. The game should be put to bed. Bohs allowed rovers back into it and while it was the 70th minute before a shot was on target, rovers still created chances and didnt let bohs have the ball. In my opinion a point was a fare result as bohs didn't do enough to kill the game off and rovers could have easily won it with the best chance of the game

4. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Bohs were out on their feet with half a team and a second game in 3 days. Ciaran Kelly played injured, Coote played sick, Kelly, Tierney, Lyons didn't start. I would be quite happy about it.

Rovers abuse of the 6th sub could give us the result now anyways, brilliant 0-3 win on the road for Bohs. Pathetic Rovers gave no allocation and couldn't sell theirs. Bradley is obnoxious, complete lack of humility in the man. A more perfect representation of a football team I have yet to see.

5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I would change team to club. They are like that at all ages.

6. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

A lot of anger in this post it would seem. I'm more than happy with the point myself. Another point closer to the league title and playing more than half the game with 10 men from a very very harsh red.
    In regards to the allocation, its a tit for tat that's been going on with a lot of clubs so hard to point the blame at one club without looking at your own for the reverse fixture.
    I was baffled about the 6th sub myself but surely if it was breaking a rule then the referee and 4th official wouldn't allow it to happen.

7. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Bohs were allowed a capacity of 600 for the cup game and use of one stand while the roof was lifted off the shed, Rovers on the other hand refused to give an allocation out of 3,500 that they couldn't even sell. Yes I am quite angry at that last night to be honest.

8. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Definitely different this time as all the others sold out the home tickets and rightly said it was due to looking after home fans. That excuse can't be used here it was clear they just didn't want bohs in

9. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

The game sold out eventually last night. The problem was the selling arrangements. There's 500 members and 4,000 tickets up for grabs. When u put the tickets on general sale there was nothing stopping away fans from purchasing and that's why it took them untill right up until kick off to sell the remaining few.
    After todays announcement I'll look forward to travelling home and away with all this petty stuff about allocation hopefully been left in the past

10. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

There was loads of Bohs fans there last night, very petty indeed and bang out of order IMO, Bohs have traditionally given the entire Shed end to Rovers or before that the entire Connaught which were both about 20% of stadium allocation. I'd imagine it will go to 5% now so the stupidity of last night will have a legacy as Rovers will reciprocate in kind then no doubt.

11. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

All clubs should be made give a min % to away support regardless
    Not sure If that rule exists in normal times ? I'd imagine it does

If the last couple of of years has thought us anything it's that football needs fans and it needs both sets of supporters

If a club can't or won't give tickets the game should be moved to a neutral venue.

#9671 Gerry, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  12. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That's some broad generalisation there Bob:)

13. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Bohs statement saying they won't be giving rovers tickets for the next one, not even sure that's allowed

14. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Bohs have announced they will indeed reciprocate the petulant behaviour of Rovers last night and will not be offering an allocation to rovers in November.

Not a stance I agree with but alas now it is tit for tat.

Bradley's obsession with discussing all things bohs, his false allegations of staff being assaulted and indeed the neanderthal bohs fans abusing Mandrious missus in recent weeks is going to lead to trouble at this fixture. Going to get very messy.

15. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Does that mean you's won't give Rovers a guard of honour too ?

16. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

They have to win the league first. Seem to be stuttering over the line now. 1 win in 4 I reckon pats will win it myself.

Imagine the false accusations Bradley could level at the players in a guard of honour. The clapped too aggressively in our direction, tony.

17. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Over 4000 tickets sold for pats and dundalk tomorrow, looks like it's gonna go very close to a sell out which is very rare for us. Should be a great occasion I can't wait

thenewguy likes this.
  18. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Haven't been on this thread in a while, now I remember why ;) Jaysus Shane, get back on the valium :)
    For the record, 1 win in 4 is not quite correct, the last 4 games: 2 wins 1 draw 1 defeat.

#9678 D7Hooper, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Shane_90 likes this.
  19. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Haha welcome back mate. Back to back titles deserves the respect, best side in the league by a distance. That was tongue in cheek the leagues been over since June.

D7Hooper likes this.
  20. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Great to see it, I feel there is a greater sense of community since covid so hopefully that transpires to the league. Bohs is bursting at the seams with hippy types etc but loads of lapsed fans have come back in this time also and it's great to see. People appreciate the games more that they were taken away for so long.

Tonight is absolutely huge for us. The club is desperate to win the cup and we could do with qualifying for Europe next year, league form being far too patchy.

xRedmanLFCx and BallyfermotReds like this.