This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

League of Ireland

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by born red 79, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Ye desperate considering he was trying to break up a row aswell. Gards need to act swiflty its getting bad down in East Wall.

2. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Some signing that from Rovers, must be a serious budget in Tallaght hes on 5k in Salford.

Definitely a difference maker that I thought they were lacking with McEneff and Byrne gone. Firm favourites to retain the half league they won last year.

3. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Keano is subsidising it ;)

4. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

For anyone who might not be members or ST holders where clubs have included this,

You can get the WATCHLOI season pass for €59 to see all games on the format. https://www.watchloi.ie/packages

60 games for that up to the mid-term break. No too shabby

thenewguy likes this.
  5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm hearing he's not in employment which begs the question of how he's able to assist at all given the covid restrictions.

6. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

He's been involved with training since January, so is in the training bubble and getting tested along with everyone else. No great mystery really.

7. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

Rovers dundalk game seemed like a decent one last night. Rovers seemed to have the better of it but thought dundalks sending off was harsh

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Just seen the goal that made it 1 nil. Fuckin cracker.

9. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

11. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

No need to be sorry my man, the more clubs active in their communities the better.

Fair play to Drogheda excellent incentive. Bohs won't be challenging for the league this year, the focus will be on trying to be best of the rest behind the top 2 sides.

Building towards a title challenge in the coming years if we can sustain European qualification and keep memberships growing. Over 1000 memberships sold this year is phenomanal considering they were bought knowing there would be no games attended. 600 or so season tickets too.

Great to see Drogheda building again.

12. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Bohs have done great work Shane. Great club and a favourite away day of mine as my nephews are Bohs fans so a few pints are always had regardless of the result!

You'll go close again but hard to see past Rovers.

If we finish 3rd last, it will be an achievement. If Dinny Corcoran stays fit and scores, we might have a chance but we will take some hammerings along the way as we still have a pretty young side.

13. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Very dissapointed we let Dinny go to be honest, a great fella and a proven goalscorer, If he stays fit he is going to score enough to keep yas safe.

Decent enough squad put together and a great management team yous have. Good few ex Bohs lads there Colin McCabe, Dan O Reilly, Deego Chris Lyons and Jake Hyland alongside Dinny. That midfield is good and Corcoran and Lyons are a handfull upfront. I think Drogheda will stay up.

DalglishGold likes this.
  14. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Sky Channel 517 at 11.30 tonight.

UEFA EURO 2020 has led to renewed focus on the rich heritage and the traditions of football in Dublin At the heart of the story is Dalymount Park. The documentary 'Dalymount Days' airs on #SPFTV tonight at 11.30pm

15. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

You mean the equalizer by Liam Scales? It was something else alright, Bergkamp esque :)

Hard one to take, having had a bright start but conceding against the run of play, it was quite an even first half, then dominating in the second, even before the red card, which was a mental two-footed mid-air launch by the lad, no need for it at all, not to get a winner was a sickener, Penalties were shite, Burkey has the chance to win it(as he had in the cup final second half of ET) and balloons it :( Pico's pen was awful as well.

Overall, a good workout before it all starts back tomorrow night. Decent debuts for McCann, Mandriou and Hoare. McCann looking the best of the three, glad to see O'Neill back and Gaffney after missing a lot of last year.

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Seen some great games in dalyer back in the day and I don't think I paid in to one of them.
    This was a cracker.

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

My old lad used to rave about Frank Stapleton.I have watched a lot of the old football during lockdown and this lad has been the biggest disappointment, I was led to believe he was brilliant. He was shit, Ollie McBurnie is the closest player I'd compare them, a brute who's job it was to take a beating to get his side up the pitch. First touch of a donkey.

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

His better years would've been before my time but i never thought he was great to be honest.
    Though he played for Jack in euro 88 so he must've fancied him.
    Always remember seeing liam Brady's goal against Brazil in the flesh and thinking it was pure genius. Had to pay in to that one, Lansdowne was harder to bunk in to.

bobby benitez likes this.
  19. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Super Drogheda top of the league*

*Don't ruin it lads -it's been a long time!

thenewguy likes this.
  20. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Amazing win for harps, on there budget beating big team dundalk