This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

League of Ireland

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by born red 79, Apr 23, 2009.

1. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Waterford are going well alright, but the old, 'small squad' and a couple of suspensions on the way after the battle of the RSC may cost them a bit.
    The reaction by the media and SR in particular to that fracas was interesting, have to think if it was a Rovers player pushing the Boez manager (or vice versa) and a brawl ensued, I would think the shitebag Caaaawley would have a slightly different angle than 'Handbags'.

Anyhoo, another away defeat for the Hoops, even though we played as well as we have all season, definitely deserved something from the game, but we all knew the Keeper situation would come back to haunt us and it has in a massive way.

Feel sorry for Horgan, he's a decent lad and he works his ass off, started the season as No 1, disaster in Dalyer, but was brilliant against Dundaaaaalk the next game, played Ok the next few, then gives away a Pen in Cark and he's dropped, can't do a lot for his confidence.
    Tomer comes back in and has a mare in Waterford, he's dropped, Horgan back in. It's a fookin shambles.

The Boez come to Tallafornia Friday, we need to avenge that first game result.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Dundaaaaaaaaaaaalk
    Boez
    Cark
    Caaaawley
    Talafornia
    :):):)
    I'm slightly disappointed at you having nothing for Waterford,but your dedication to always referring to those other teams and players like you do,always makes me smile.

D7Hooper and bobby benitez like this.
  3. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

You're right, was thinking maybe Waaadafud, what you think ;)

babbsnads likes this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Great game in Tallaght, despite the best efforts of about 6 muppets.

Dub13 likes this.
  5. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Bradley must be on the brink now.

6. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The madest thing is the same lads will be allowed in again for the next game
    Ive seen it many times before
    Hopefully

7. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Well…. That was an eventful night. I have got to admit I was fearful going to Tallaght on Friday night, not because of a particular fear of the Rovers side but it just felt like it may be time for the tables to turn. Travelling out there without our first choice centre half, our captain, without both first choice midfielders, no Dinny (from the start) and no Paddy Kavanagh. It was unexpected to completely play (and I mean play) them off the park, it was playstation football at times as the 19 year old Grant and 20 Year old Watts danced by the over paid and over hyped pairing of Bolger, Finn and the liability that is Luke Byrne.

No one summed up the Rovers performance more so than that of Luke Byrne, I have yet to see such a cowardly footballer, he takes a throw in near the Bohs end and crumbles every single time. Ethan Boyle is genuinely the worst football player in the league, why on earth is Madden at Pats and that joker who literally fell over his own feet at one stage at Rovers.

Atmosphere was excellent again, helped along by the performance. Robbed of a pen along the way it doesn’t come much sweeter than a 99th minute winner!

I don’t know, who, how or why Bradley ever got that job but it is absolutely hilarious, if feels from the outside that that someone on the Rovers board or perhaps their Ozzy sugardaddy is absolutely trolling the Rovers fans, he is a classless, clueless imbecile devoid of any of the skills required to fulfil one of the biggest roles in the league. To continually state that game as our cup final is highly highly insulting to Keith Long, genuinely one of the classiest men in the league. It is easy motivation to an already hungry football team. We have rammed his mantra down his squeeky little throat 3 times in a row, from behind none the less to go on a win the ‘treble’.

Cronin, McPhail, Duff, Bradley hahahahahahahahaha Football Loves us.

Up the gypos.

Fran74 and Dub13 like this.
  8. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

No complaints from me over Friday, de boez fully deserved the three points. They were more up for the fight, other than Finn and Carr we showed next to nothing. Starting Miele against them is always a bad idea, he hasn't got the temperament or the stomach for a game where you have to get stuck in from the get-go.

Big week for Bradley, North Korea tonight then Rubber Bandits FC on Friday, 6 points is a must, anything less and he'll be on thin ice.
    Problem is, he is very much part of an inner circle at the club, led by Robinson who will do anything to keep him in place.

I was so pissed off on Friday, I even entertained the idea of having Doolin replace him :0

crumlin red likes this.
  9. crumlin red

crumlin red
    Expand Collapse

I'm up in Roadstone about 4-5 times a week as my young lad plays for one of the schoolboy teams and that inner circle is definitely there and its embarrassing, the arrogance that comes from them is unbelievable. Don't know how Robinson is in that job this long hes robbing a living!

10. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Am I right in saying you would get a prison sentence if you behaved like that in England?

How you can allow such a tiny group of people behave like that is incomprehensible. It was literary less than 10 people in total from what I could see on the telly, the Garda wouldn't stand back and allow that on Grafton St on a Saturday night so why in front of thousands of people?

When I was a kid i used to go to Pats every week, when they were away I'd go to Bohs with my brother. The only exceptions were when Rovers were the opposition. I wasn't allowed go, 25 years later I wouldn't let my kids go either. That is sad.

robbie st leger likes this.
  12. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Bray Wanderers get their first win of the season!

Stevie S and Niall like this.
  13. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Fran74 and Colm75 like this.
  14. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Derry on some run. Right in the mix.

15. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

From bad to worse for Rovers, well, we helped out the Junkies with their first win last season, so I guess we're helping our Wicklow compadres in the same manner :(

16. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

That is the most inaccurate piece of piss article i have ever read.

4 lads walked up to the barrier, 2 scottish and 2 irish. 2 of them were Hibs 'casuals' Bohs fans confronted them and where spat at over the barrier then the row broke out. Bohs fans did not charge through the stands or anything like it. Disgraceful scenes alright but so factually incorrect it is embarrassing.

His after the game nonsense is a laugh too, After the game, 40 minutes after the game bohs fans were let out of the ground, walked to the Luas and jubilantly made our way back to Dublin 7, no trouble in fact I cannot remember last time there was trouble after one of these games.

Sensationalist hyperbole designed to get clicks.

Dub13 likes this.
  17. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Great 3 points for pats last night, deserved should have been more in the 1st half, very happy with the work rate of this team much improvement all over the pitch compared to last year.

18. kaiser_del

kaiser_del
    Expand Collapse

Bradley looks like he's on borrowed time now. As Rovers supporters we've been here before and i can't see a way back for him. When you witness the players not fighting anymore as we saw in the Bohs and Bray games then there's only one outcome.

I actually like Bradley and think he's gathered a very good squad together but the decision not to bring in a top goalkeeper has been his main downfall in my opinion. If we had a good keeper we would be at least 6 points better off but you can see the defense over the last few weeks has been so nervous. He's shown his lack of experience in terms of tactics too. Playing Bolger almost as another centre half is killing us and means we drop so deep in games instead of pushing forward. I don't like seeing the manager getting any personal abuse but the supporters have every right to question him over certain things football wise.

It's only a matter of time now before he's gone.

19. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

A crying shame, he should be honoured for his services to the game if you ask me, has gotten Rovers to 68 Cup finals since he took charge, its unprecedented in word football. He is clueless and he is classless but I want so much for him to stay.

I really worry for when yas give Harry Kenny the job as he is the man that will bridge the gap with the top 2, I just hope you continue to pool from the circus of knowledge and plum for Duff or better yet Cronin first.

20. kaiser_del

kaiser_del
    Expand Collapse

He's definitely clueless when it comes to dealing with the media. He really needs to know when to stop talking. It's the supporters who get more embarrassed than anyone.

Seems to be a gathering momentum behind Harry Kenny alright. Remains to be seen what will happen but until he goes the next while might be painful for Rovers supporters.

Maybe you lads should visualize us as your opposition every game and you'll win a few more ;)