This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jurgen Klopp Liverpool manager

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Beanokelly, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Garrett, can you please just admit to babbs that you are on a windup? Or if you're not, can you please check yourself into rehab?? :D

Roll on 19, ROCCO and redabbey like this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't argue that isn't a possibility pal,personally Id give him a lot more credit than that and Im pretty sure it would be a false economy for a man in his position but it's a much more logical argument.

But if that was true,how would you feel about Klopp?It's basically giving up his and our chances to win,covering for the owners in the process.Your dislike of the owners is based on your belief they don't care about winning and your perception Rodgers was a yes man contributed to your dislike of him and if anything Klopp would be worse in this situation.Rodgers agreed to work under the conditions he did in order to get a job far above his standing in the game,but Klopp would be doing it out of pure greed.

3. Pimboli

Pimboli
    Expand Collapse

What is a Maureen type manager then, a grade A wanker or a winner? last time I checked Klopp is a winner and a winner without having to go the Maureen route of buying the league everywhere he goes. If we were taken over by some Chinese Group the one thing I would see them not doing is showing Klopp the door but opening their chequebook City style. We absolutely have the right man in charge, the contract extension, well we all know contracts mean bearly anything these days. I know you're taking the piss, I just don't get all the conspiracy theories and/or the acquisitions that Klopp is just a well paid pawn for FSG which I call bullshit on, cant we just worry about the football.

4. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Lads i dont if this is up already but Mr Klopp is getting interveiwed on BBC2 thursday 8 or 10 by G. Lineker and i heard it should be good, but always Good with The Klopp

Garrett and Niall like this.
  5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Never....

Can't it be both ? ... take a look at the list of achievements then ask yourself who might someone with endless dosh want to employ as the manager of their club etc. I'm not saying thats what I'd want, but I am backing up my earlier post.

Now getting back to Klopp, lets define a winner as he's won some impressive stuff alright, but he's also had more than the odd fall so he's far from bullet proof (albeit he's young so has time on his side to add significantly to his list of achivements).... I'm not slagging him off, but he's not the top of the list of winners or even in the Top5 if you want to look across the market at the moment and thats the point I'm making about some may want another manager, rather than Klopp. Also, no that doesnt mean I hate Klopp or am rubbishing him, before anyone goes off trying to make sh1t up about what I'm saying here btw

Why do you say I'm taking the piss ? .... also, do me a favour and go back and read my posts, not other peoples... as there's more then the odd thing getting confussed around here and it's causing a bit of a chain reaction, with people going off in the wrong direction etc.

#1085 Garrett, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Maybe FSG tied Klopp down to a longer deal to make the club more attractive to potential suitors from China.

It's all very Man City pre take over isn't it? Move to new stadium & not much money spent before the take over.

Garrett likes this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Agree on the point about adding value by nailing Klopp down to a longer contract and think I said something similar elsewhere recently (albeit, I was thinking in terms of value added rather than specifically to draw in a potential suitor, but much the same).

A quality post for the conspiracy theorists mate .. I love it ;)

#1087 Garrett, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he's a romantic and want's to work at one of the best clubs in the world. Wanting to add to our 5 European Cups and bring us back to the top. our club is one of only a handful in the world that has the history, glory and appeal that makes us stand out in the world of football. It wouldn't be totally crazy for him to accept the position with a few doubts about how the club is being run but only a fool would put these doubts out in public and would back his owners 100% to keep a united front.
    Rodgers always backed the owners in public and said he had the say on transfers in and outgoing and he quickly put the record straight soon after he got the chop.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Maybe tied him down because he is a world class manager and they want to work with him for years to come

Stranger things have happened ;)

IanoM7 and babbsnads like this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The debate was about whether Klopp would sign up for another 6 years under conditions that most likely won't allow him to be succesful so he wouldn't be adding to our European Cups,he'd be accepting that it's highly unlikely he'd be winning.I'm sure Klopp is a romantic but I also think he'd be savvy enough to know Liverpool is not a very romantic place for a manager not delivering.I also think hes a very driven man who wants to win as much as any of us.We can take individual facts and compare them to other situations and have no problem coming up with our own logical conclusions.It's when you add up all the facts that you realise that most of those conclusions aren't logical anymore but if people are determined to believe the owners are stopping Klopp from doing his job well and he's still going to commit to us for another 6 years,then there's not much you can say to them.I've been amazed how hard people have worked all summer to avoid the most obvious conclusion on our transfer business.

Skintown Red and ROCCO like this.
  11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

White liquid in a bottle has to be milk. It could not be more obvious!

Stevie S and babbsnads like this.
  12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

10pm tomorrow night http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37179815

13. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched that earlier. Remembered golfer Nick Faldo winning the British Open and thanking the media from the 'heart of his bottom'.

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Afraid your wrong there... it could be Tipp-Ex ! :p

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Garret I sometimes think you might not see a priest on a mountain of sugar! ;-)

*I'm out of quotes if this goes on any further!

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Why would I want to see a priest on a mountain of sugar, when a church would be a far more likely place ? :)

Putting that aside, I know the Rafa quote etc. ... I can see things just fine, but I am also well able to look past the obvious and look for plenty of assurances that things are as they first appear mate. Sure, that means I'm less trusting than others but I can live with that in return for taking a little extra caution to ensure I'm not being taken for a ride ... I'd rather leave that for some other mug.

.... btw, you've not distracted me from the milk/tipp-ex thing either ;)

#1097 Garrett, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Klopp has created a tough situation for the type of supporter who really doesn't want to be wrong or give any ground in opinions they've become entrenched in over the last few years(not talking about anybody in particular because it's rampant on social media) and it's actually the respect for him,his football knowledge and belief that he was a great fit for us that has put them in that position.Basically acceptance that Klopp is doing what he wants to do raises the thought "If a man who's been successful in football management and who I respect greatly is endorsing the things I've been certain were wrong,then there would have to be a good chance that I've been wrong all along".

That's not an attractive thought for many to accept so they rack their brains to come up with reasons to avoid accepting it.But that can only be done for so long,everytime you have to concoct a reason to counter something that has actually happened that doesnt support your views,you lose a little bit more credibility so it will eventually come to a choice.Accept there's a good chance you were wrong or turn on Klopp for not going in a different direction and proving you right.Sadly many will choose the latter rather than lose face.Ideally Klopp is having success by then but given there's a good chance those people will run out of road(I think they basically have)before Klopps patient way of working really has a chance to click,I think there's a chance we'll see calls for Klopps head at some stage this season.

To clarify,I'm not saying we have to agree with everything Klopp does,that him endorsing a large portion of how the club is being run necesarily means we're doing everything right or that anybody has been proved definitively wrong on all of their opinions.What I am saying is pretty soon your going to have to put your opinion up against Klopps and stop looking for excuses not to do it.

Almost everything he's said and done to support the argument that he endorses a lot of the stuff we've been doing and he's doing things his way have been listed numerous times.Another one that the transfer committee might be happy with for criticism of their obsession with Southampton is that Klopp has had 2 windows now and it looks very likely that 4 of the players we signed from them are in what Klopp would consider his current best 11.Again please don't take this as me saying as buying Southamptons players is definitely the right thing to do or that Klopp is right to pick them but just as a good indicator that he's reasonably happy with those acquisitions.

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

And yes I've a lot of time on my hands.I've been lying in a bed waiting to go in for a colonoscopy since this morning:)

Garrett likes this.
  20. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Well that's a pain in the ass.....

(sorry! )

IanoM7, Garrett and bono like this.