This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jurgen Klopp Liverpool manager

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Beanokelly, Oct 8, 2015.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Klopp addressed midfield with the addition of Fabinho and Keita and wanted Fekir as a attacking midfielder .

We didn’t get a attcking midfielder in the mound of Fekir and both Fabinho and Keita still to settle in

With Ox out and Lallana constantly injured , personally believe the link between front 3 and Midfield is non existent, was hoping and still feel Keita will help on this front but still need a attacking midfielder.

Personally don’t feel Wijnaldum and Henderson works for most games with both taking up the same space on the pitch , I’d prefer Wijnaldum in the no 6 role for now and wait and see how Fabinho develops and if playing Henderson with Wijnaldum or Fabinho I’d prefer him in the no8 role .

Keita didn’t have the best game v Napoli but personally thought we looked more threatening in the first 15/20 mins with him on the pitch

It wasnt until Keita went off that Napoli really started to see their tactics work with great effect.

2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Finally got around to reading the book Honigstein did on him and it's exactly what you'd expect,a very good insight into his way of thinking about football. His honesty is the same all the way through his career as is his willingness to give players time and a proper chance, and time and time again his teams have benefited from it. I didn't realise how unlikely his achievements at Dortmund were and you realise that he's never been a particularly lucky manager,either with other results going against him or the teams he's come up against in the finals where his teams have generally punched above their weight to get to. A comment that stuck out for me, "He's convincing because he's convinced".

NoName7 and Stevie S like this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

@babbsnads you have often described Klopp as very unlucky. I'm starting to sense things are changing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45837741

Christmas fixtures giving us more rest than anyone else. Peno not given at Spurs, handball goal awarded against City, peno missed by Mahrez, even the timing of Milner and now Salah's hamstring couldn't be better timed if we handpicked the weeks they would miss. Long may it continue.

babbsnads and Stevie S like this.
  5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

We've got Arsenal the game before City so whatever about a days extra rest City have a much weaker team to play against and can consider resting players for that game while we'll need absolutely full strength.

I'll assume this luck argument you're making is something between yourself and Babbs because your whole post seems a bit unusual to me so I'm guessing there's context missing for me.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I think he's a bit of an unlucky manager in some ways.Two years in a row at Mainz there were heart breaking last days of the season that meant they didn't go up and you'd be hard pressed to find another coach who had the same level of opponents in their first 7 cup finals. Bayern 3 times,Sevilla in a competition they were on an amazing run in.Man City,Real Madrid where his most important player went off injured early and his goalkeeper suffered a concussion to a blatant red card offence that nobody seen and even when he got a team that wasn't up at those levels in Wolfsburg,it was in a season where his team was well below their previous standards after a couple of years losing it's top talent.

That's football and to win trophies you have to beat what's put in front of you but it's still faith conspiring to make things more difficult than they might of been in other years and for other managers. I'm sure he looked at Mourinho getting to the same two finals as he did the previous season and thought he'd of beaten at least one of Southampton and Ajax or maybe thought about getting Real Madrid in the CL final when his Dortmund team were at their peak instead of Bayern,or if the ref had sent off the Bayern defender for a clear professional foul for their peno,or if Ramos had of been sent off in last season's final or Salah had stayed on. All if's and buts but he very rarely seems to get the rub of the green on the biggest occasions and hopefully as Bob alluded to,itschanging or he's saved it all up for this season because wasn't there a table that said we suffered the most from bad decisions last season?

NoName7 likes this.
  7. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Class photo.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The natch was still in progress at that point wasn't it?

Cracking photo

9. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

brilliant photo

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Jurgen Klopp has been slammed for his celebration against Everton - with Danny Mills believing he could be ARRESTED as a fan.

And after speaking to an Everton fan on the radio, Mills agreed he could have been arrested - if he had been a supporter.

Danny Mills with a wonderful contribution here, agreeing that Klopp could have been arrested if he was a fan. FFS most everything that happens on a field would have you arrested if you weren't meant to be there, Klopp was wrong but this is nonsense!

Skintown Red and babbsnads like this.
  11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Not cool but loved it

12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Are ye fewmin danny?

13. McGlynn2k

McGlynn2k
    Expand Collapse

Love the passion out of jurgen today

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Danny Mills? Enough said ffs

15. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

I’d love to see another celebration like this on 16th december

16. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

He’s an awful pain in the hole.

LFCRebel likes this.
  17. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Just listening to the 606 podcast. This is a non-story.

18. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't remember seeing this banner before.

[​IMG]

19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

20. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

He will take it on the chin and has apoligised yesterday too but whatever that fine is it was worth every fucking penny!

babbsnads and liverpool4life like this.