This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jurgen Klopp Liverpool manager

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Beanokelly, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Thepuinse

Thepuinse
    Expand Collapse

Element of blame of course but hes not psychic. As bad as Moreno was last season he hasn’t been as poor this year. Obviously we still have to improve on the players available and that is klopps fault but last nights mistakes from the full back were things which we were hoping had been eliminated from his game

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It will be almost impossible to win a league or a CL under Klopp just because of the ridiculous money available at other clubs and the head starts that they have had on building their squads. In the medium term (3-5 years) we would need something dramatic to happen to change the landscape in England for us to really be competitive with City, Utd or Chelsea over the course of a season. We can finish ahead of one or two of them on any given year but it will take something dramatic for us to outperform all three of these teams and of course Spurs and Arsenal are in the mix too if there was such a collapse. It's a view I've had for a long time that a league win is not really on the cards for Liverpool.

FA Cups, League Cups and possibly a Europa (hopefully we wont' be competing in this is why I say possibly) are realistic opportunities for us to win trophies at the moment but most people when surveyed on this would prefer to finish fourth than win these cups (except the Europa as this gets CL qualification too).

dantheman23 likes this.
  3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

He was worse the season before, hardly played last season.

Garrett likes this.
  4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

That saying about there being a fine line between genius and madness is starting to come to mind every time I think about Klopp ...

He's definitely a talent, but he's also bloomin' mad if he thinks our current defensive line up is anywhere near acceptable, for the level Liverpool should be playing at.

Perhaps he's overly confident in his own ability to make players better and just cannot accept the reality of the situation, with regards to Lovern, Moreno and perhaps one or two others ? If that is actually the case, then we may have a bigger problem then just our defensive line up and in time, Klopp will lose the support of much of the fanbase over it !

We may get lucky and win a cup at some stage, but nothing more unless we invest in more quality players. I'm not saying we spend at the same level every window as City, Mancs and Chavs, but I am saying that we now pull out a few more quid and bring in some more quality immediately with no more of this fukin' about buying lumps of coal and hoping to find a diamond every time.

#2004 Garrett, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Jürgen Klopp, manager of Liverpool Football Club. ✊ https://t.co/rxEgcroLcr

Exactly what I would of expected his view to be.

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Good for him! Hardly matters for a chap exiled in England where they pay far more money to their football managers but a nice sentiment all the same.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I reckon that will be a pretty common reaction to those sentiments alright Ed.Misses the point for me but people often doubt the ability of someone earning a lot of money to have a social conscience.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The Germans actually are very good for it in general from what I've found. They have a belief in a common good and are willing to play by a lot of rules on account of it. From the simplest things like obeying speed limits and other road regulations they just seem to get on board and believe in a common purpose for society. Put simply they are probably the antithesis of the Irish way where everyone is basically out for themselves. Could well be a psyche of such a young nation I suppose.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

10. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Have to say the recent changes of formation have really shown another aspect of klopps all round game. He’s no one trick pony that’s for sure.

11. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

So this is what it was all about with Hughton.

Garrett likes this.
  12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

This season

Didn’t quite see it long enough for accurate recall but

Klopp has had a different 11 players 54 times ( in the 50,s)

Nearest club was in the low 30’s

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Say what you want about him but I'd say its great to play for him. The faith he has in every member of the squad has to admired.

Irishkop96 and Dubred like this.
  14. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

He came across really bad in the interview. I know feelings are raw etc..

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

Heard the interview on the radio. Remember reading that when pressure came on him in Dortmund he got very very spikey with the media. No need for that today, very childish

Irishkop96 likes this.
  16. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

That interview was like a spoilt child not getting his way and having a strop.
    Hard to watch.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Don't get too bothered too much by what our players/manager have to say in the media. As long as he's not picking up bans for it I wouldn't even know about it to be honest.

Niall likes this.
  18. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't that bothered myself either and don't really see the big deal about it but I suppose when we drop points a minority always fall off a cliff.

19. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Rodgers was nice to the media and people complained Kenny wasnt nice with them and people complained

Some just like complaining i think :)

Foxx92, Colm75, Niall and 1 other person like this.
  20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I've not heard the interview and don't think I want to ... .sounds like one he shouldn't have done from what I'm hearing, but that's not a big issue for me.

He's got some logic for disputing the peno, it was a soft peno and regularly would have gone unchecked, but that's life and we get the odd peno in our favour too so it balances off over time.

Klopp would be far better off reflecting on his team selection today and questioning his logic for not starting a game with his best eleven and then once we've the game well in hand, considering a little rotation if he wants to rest a few players and not use them for the full 90 minutes. We simply don't have the quality to win games regularly without our best players on the pitch from kick off.

I think the stats were something like 23 shots, but only 3 on target ..... with players like Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge on the pitch would those stats have been better, I certainly think so ?

#2020 Garrett, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017