This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jordan Henderson

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Aug 3, 2011.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I've no worries about our midfield at all.If he's not in the 11 when the big games come around then it means we've improved on him and if he is then it means he's still doing the things the manager wants him to do.

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think if LFC draw that game Henderson would be getting slaughtered for Sideways passing etc.

Thought myself he had a good game and covered some serious ground.

3. byrnetred

byrnetred
    Expand Collapse

He's a momentum killer, he slowed the play down so much in the first half we became static, he played better in the second half which is a common theme for him when we push the issue

The team had passed him by

4. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I dont agree dave that its passed him by

Hes doing the job the manger asks of him, many dont like that and cant get their head around it but that's the bottom line

Skintown Red and babbsnads like this.
  5. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

They are a very well organised and well drilled side

Sometimes paitence is needed

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

A wonderful scapegoat, even in games we win!

7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Madness even from my view.. a person who wanted him out..he has been unreal most of season.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd love an upgrade on Henderson because I feel he has limitations in terms of his technical ability on the ball but what nobody that wants shot of him seems to acknowledge is the difficulty in finding a replacement that is actually better for us, the effort that Klopp has put into signing midfielders and Henderson is still there.

He was great today, kept the ball moving and limited the opposition to around 30% of the ball, probably had the most touches of our team and just generally seemed to be involved in everything.

When a better player arrives I'll be delighted as everyone should be but it's not going to be an easy task finding that player.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I never understand the constant criticism of Hendo, he played plenty of ball forward today and supported the attack at times. I thought he was dynamic today at times and was only over shadowed by how well Wijnaldum played in there.

10. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

For me his limitations are turning out with the ball sometimes, not always. And making angles to receive a pass. When he has the ball he keeps it ticking along nicely and demonstrates a good range IMO. And without the ball he's very good, top notch really

babbsnads and redabbey like this.
  11. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

One thing the critics don't seem to get is the contribution him and Gini have made to this unbelievable defensive record we have this season. There's a reason teams aren't getting many chances against us and it's not just down to Van Dijk and Alison . The tactical improvement from our midfield defensively has been incredible this year and I'd imagine is something Klopp is delighted with.

12. zamaguire

zamaguire
    Expand Collapse

Think he's more suited to away games when we need to be a bit more solid.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  13. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Or maybe some home games against someone like Man City or Bayern!

14. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

It beggars belief the amount who castrate this player without fully understanding why he's not Gerrard or Kante

Being told he's not as good as the greatest player to wear red is just fuckin rediculous and expecting him to be kante (I'm using him as a perfect example of a CDM) knowing full well or should know its actually a position that hasn't come naturally to him. He's been learning on the job for 2 seasons now while still carrying the responsibility of all things club captain.

Is he better than kante or fernandinho? Not a chance.

Is he shit and only passes backwards and sideways? Fuck off.

vodkacolly and Skintown Red like this.
  15. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

A different player to Kante. Hendo can pass further and better. He's bigger, stronger, and our captain.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If you're willing to listen to the anti Hendo brigade you'll understand that Hendo is only a captain by name and VVD is the true captain.

17. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Its funny I just read a stat that says Henderson is the 4th mid influential midfielder based on stats in the Premier League this season. Maybe our views are a bit lopsided?

18. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Klopp has said before the captain doesn't nattma much to him. I expect Henderson will remain as the captain next season in games he starts.

19. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I wonder how or why they come up with the 'most influential' stats? It's good statistics for us and for Hendo, but I'm curious how they arrive at this statement. He doesn't get many assists or goals.

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Would love for Jordan to get an important goal in some upcoming game. Does so much work that goes unnoticed.

His limitations in turning with the ball in tight space and maybe beating a man can be exposed against really top teams, but that's probably 10 games a season.Unfortunately that's what gets highlighted if the game goes against Liverpool.

Still think if the manager is picking his best team to win the Champions League final he is in there.