This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jon Flanagan

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by macca, Apr 12, 2011.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Same as that for me. I do appreciate the point that the OP made though, how would I feel if it was Salah for instance that had done this? I'd like to still think that I'd want him out of the club because I really don't think it reflects very well on LFC that this would happen but it would be more of a decision than it will likely be for Flannagan. I imagine the club needs to be careful about setting a precedent here that they might be stuck with in the future, if they kick John out for this and the next player that gets done for drunk driving or something and gets community service how will they stack it up if they don't punish that player the same.

Mico and DalglishGold like this.
  2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I have also read that she never reported it and had no interest in pressing charges.

3. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

It won't stop the DPP from proceeding if they feel that they have sufficient evidence to ground a prosecution.

Somebody made a complaint, possibly a bystander, that attracted the interest of the police.

Regarding your other post Ed, you make a very real and relevant point regarding what convictions give rise to sanctions in the workplace. I expect that LFC's lawyers have a very comprehensive clause on this point woven into each contract.

For example, a drink driving conviction won't stop you going to Australia but a dangerous driving causing harm conviction might. Likewise, public order offences might not be an issue in an everyday workplace but being convicted for possession of a controlled substance might (even a €10 worth) could be.

These sanctions can exist our own work environments. I expect that they are more stringent in certain more public roles such as a football player, TV host etc where brand, image etc can be more relevant.

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I don't go to many games any more but the thought of even 1p of my ticket money contributing to his £28k a week wages doesn't sit well with me at all, he should be fcuked out of the club yesterday.

6. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I am in no way defending his actions and this is just a question. Would you feel the same if it was salah? Just fu*k him out and sack him? Its disgusting what he has done but the courts have dealt with it. ( despite the punishment been disgraceful in My view)

7. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

If I am honest I wouldn't be bothered if they sacked him. However If it was a different player,one of our top players I wouldn't want him sacked. you cant have one rule for one and one for the other though.

Garrett likes this.
  8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Doesn’t have a future at the club however I think the club would have been on very thin ice if they had sacked him. The fact he is a squad player makes it easy to call for that however if any of them top five players at the club got in serious trouble, I doubt their would be calls to sack them unless they got jail time.

I’d say this disgraceful incident will impact any potential loan interest for him on this window at least. Be interesting to see does he travel withthe squad or sit in that row behind the subs for home games. Got used to seeing himself and Grujic every game on the TV wondering where they actually on the bench or not.
    I doubt you will see him at all and he will move in the summer.

Some fall from grace after getting an England cap after his excelllent 2014 season.

9. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Disgraceful that he hasn’t been sacked. Don’t care what level he is at, kicking his girlfriend in the stomach is disgusting. Scumbag.

10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Delighted, don't think we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt again TG

12. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually a bit surprised he's gotten a loan deal tbh, didn't think anyone would want to be associated with him so soon after his "issue".

Hope he has the good sense to keep the head down and work his ar$e off over the coming months, as it's probably his best chance at getting his career back up and running.

13. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Confirmed he has left the club.

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Think quite a few here called that a while back tbf....

I wonder if he'll get a club in England, or have to go abroad to play his football again.

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I wonder how he will view his LFC career? He had 6 months where his star shun bright and the rest was either injured or a reserve. Based on talent the 6 months he had where a miracle really, I hope he's strong enough mentally to keep going and plays at the level he is suited too.

16. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Garrett likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Jon is doing well to still be in the players thread at this point!

18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there's a SLA between Paul and the Mods on this one tbh mate ;) :D

... Can was jettisoned fairly sharpish, while the Brendan Rodgers thread took ages to be amended after he ceased being our manager.

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

If Stevie takes him on, he's a lucky man....

I thought he'd have to move outside of the UK to get a club tbh.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Brendan was the first one that I remembered seeing a massive furore over, he even had his thread title amended after the move to "former Liverpool manager".