This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Irish Liverpool reds 6€ offer

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by northside red, Aug 5, 2018.

1. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

join this Facebook group for 6€ & you can then trade on their page. Not sure they have many selling !!!
    Me & a few others have pointed out the pitfalls & directed their group members to this site which resulted in a ban !!!!
    Anyway if there are any members from the group in here feel free to say anything you want.
    We don’t mind constructive criticism & wont make you pay for our babysitter just to do it.

DARREN26 likes this.
  2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Read a bit about this last week.
    Don't have much of an opinion on it, but I would point out that LFC themselves charge a premium for a chance to buy tickets.

3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the point here is they will have no tickets, they are buzzing people they see online selling tickets and asking if they will sell them on there new group. Speaking as someone who has a ticket for every game there is not a hope in hell I would move a ticket on one of these groups, imaging losing a card with full credits and euro away credits because of this setup.

redabbey likes this.
  4. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

I only seen this the other day and it boils my piss to be honest. I'd say most of us on here have driven out of our way or given up time to collect or deliver cards and tickets. I don't see how they can justify it at all to be honest. In general there's loads of people out there who happily pay over the odds for trips or tickets and this just adds to it. But at the same time if people are silly enough to pay it without doing a modicum of research into doing a trip at a reasonable price first then they might just deserve what they get.

redabbey likes this.
  5. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I see they are doing a fantasy football league with some of the money going towards "costs of running the page".

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

What are the costs involved in running a Facebook page? Genuine question.

7. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

With 30,000 members I would inagine Facebook are paying them money,but that's only a guess.

8. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

If they said 5% of the fantasy football money is going towards it at least people know but no % on it. Could be 50%

9. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hope their are no brothers of the people running this site who are not 100% healthy.

STEVE1978 likes this.
  10. sully&Red

sully&Red
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't trust that set up at all or the people running it. Every post now has a PayPal link for this or that. As mentioned above imagine giving your card on that site and never having any come back.

11. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

There's none Babbs unless you want to pay for ads. I was looking at paying an ad for a community thing I'm involved in recently and it's dear enough from what I can make out. I decided it wasn't worth it. But the reach and membership that page has it doesn't need advertising unless they are looking to try make some sort of money out of it. I think if they move to advertising the club mightn't be too happy with it if it looks like it's taking people away from the membership!

babbsnads likes this.
  12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

The decision seems to be based on removing the nonsense in a massive group where everything can get lost, so the thought is put a fee and get rid of the clutter. Sounds fair enough to me, if the goal is to help out fellow reds then makes sense to have a smaller group with people who are serious about helping each other. If was joining I want to known where the 6 quid is going. If it’s cover costs such as postage and delivery of cards, why not just get the people ‘connected’ to cover that and cut out the middle man. Maybe it’s a fund to payback people who get stung by scam artists? To me that is the main problem with Facebook. Its easy to impersonate someone and you only to have to look at some of threads on this forum to see the lengths people will go to scam people desperate for tickets.

One golden rule I follow is never deal with someone either you don’t know or at least someone else has voucher for them. The feedback section on Ik is first thing I check if dealing with someone.

13. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

I got a good laugh from a few comments justifying the €6 fee, that this would go towards petrol money and babysitter fees

Beanokelly and Dub13 like this.
  14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Saw that as well, are they physically handling all the cards?

15. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

I highly doubt they will handle the cards. I wouldn't want (or need) a middle man handling my card, as adds to the chances of things being mixed up

16. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Nothing.

If @Captain_Morgan started to charge for the work he does with the funbus he would be a rich man.

Beanokelly, DARREN26, 77kop05 and 2 others like this.
  17. Fran74

Fran74
    Expand Collapse
    Premium / Subscriber

I was badly stuck to shift a couple of Arsenal tickets last season and made the mistake of using Irish Liverpool Reds on Facebook as a last resort. I lasted 2 hours before I got banned. A site ran by clowns used by clowns. Amatuers.

sully&Red likes this.
  18. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea who the lads are but I got a good laugh out of the back and forth on FB last week.
    For what it's worth I don't think there was anything malicious in their motives for having a ticket forum.
    The group itself has some complete dopes posting on it and I left the group after few weeks. Grown men sharing pictures of what Stevie G was having for breakfast and that sort of shite..

Beanokelly and Dub13 like this.
  19. zamaguire

zamaguire
    Expand Collapse

Some of the comments on there regarding rangers are beyond belief and downright bigoted.

20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

What does he have mate????Just asking for a friend........

kerryred68, Fran74 and Stevie S like this.