This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

importance of feedback on Irishkop

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by northside red, Jan 14, 2020.

1. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

First of all having been on this site for over a decade I've made lifelong friends & been helped by many members to get me out of a hole and I appreciate that.

Because of this I mistakenly believed all members on this site were genuine, happy to help, sell or buy tickets in a safe environment.

I am guilty of complacency,

During Christmas I saw a post offering tickets for Sheff Utd, this game had gone to a free for all and we were badly stuck for tickets. I checked the sellers feedback where I saw he had 2 good trades & 1 negative where he had pulled out of a deal which while not being ideal isn't up with stealing.
    I sent the member cash immediately via revolut & told him I'd be in contact closer to the game about meeting up.

A few days later he offered me the same tickets ( main stand pairs) for villa (4) & palace (2) & suggested they may be available for atletico. I accepted the league tickets and sent the cash again. On NYE he contacted me again to say would I be taking the Atletico tickets as his cousin was eager to sell, at this stage I started to doubt my good fortune but nevertheless sent £120.

Sure enough on January 1st I text to ask for phone numbers for the next day , he replied to say he was out, when I text back on the 2nd, he said he wwas in the hospital & there was a problem with the fan update but he had 1 for me. That lunchtime I told him I didn't want to deal with him anymore and he was to send back my cash.

He suggested this was difficult as it was other peoples cards/cash. I explained I only dealt with him & I want cash returned from him, money came in dribs & drabs & I received the last of the cash this morning. While investigating this member I found he has turned over others in the last couple of seasons, mostly for 1 or 2 cards and always with the same story.

I have contacted him this morning and asked that he pay these back & leave the site, I am aware of who he is & could contact the authorities but as I don't know his personal circumstances maybe this isn't the best way to go.

As for the future & the title of the post I've noticed a lot more members on the site, you're all very welcome. But if I'm dealing with someone for the first time in future I will be demanding a connection on Facebook or a copy of their id & some form of paper trail in case things go wrong.

I have no problem providing same & if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.
    I've also been told paypal is safest way to pay unknown vendors & I will be using that in these cases.

Lastly I encourage all to use the feedback system correctly please.
    It shows who the seller/buyer who the other person has done business with before.
    This may help others to come to their own conclusions before handing cards or money over to a possible stranger.

2. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Damo I presume you have left the negative feedback on this persons account...

3. oscar1

oscar1
    Expand Collapse

I am also a member who has been caught up in this mess..spoke with northside red and I second everything he has said in his post..I also am awaiting money to be returned to me from same member on this site for tickets he has already received.

Dub13 and northside red like this.
  4. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

this person should have left the group, waiting on permission from a mod to name him

5. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Name the cunt

6. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

One side note I've posted several times about using the feedback on profiles

I'm really annoyed to hear that people were let down last season by the same cunt and they didn't leave feedback to warn others

Too much me feitn attitude

7. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Shocking carry on considering the site was built on Friendship, loyalty and helping other people out. Also it’s never a good time of the year to fuck anyone about, but over Christmas is bad form, as that could have been presents etc .

When I used to go to games, I used to use the same few people the whole time , and never had issues . People used to laugh and say there was a “clique” on the site . Yeah it was sound lads and lassies helping each other’s out.

Shame this happened, but one clown shouldn’t ruin it for everyone . Agree with the posts above about if you are unsure it’s no harm in asking for further forms of ID etc. I known on PayPal you can use Goods and Serives, and it’s a extra charge, but at least you can get your money back that way if it all goes Pete Tong.

Fair play Damo for bringing it up.

Dean4ryan, Beano87, Dub13 and 3 others like this.
  8. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

The member name was Sionkopite & may go under the name of James Boylr or Kieran Boyle also

Beanokelly and Dave3 like this.
  9. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I am 99.9% sure I know exactly who it is. Negative feedback should have been left for letting down a member in May 2014 for the Newcastle match that was the last game of that season but that member decided not to do it after he got his money back. The scammer then disappeared off IK for about two seasons.

Just confirmed above now by Northside Red that that is the exact person I was thinking off.

Same poster boasted to me many seasons back that his family had six season tickets and, I am afraid when I heard a boast like that when I did not request such information it made me very wary of the poster.

northside red likes this.
  10. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan
    Expand Collapse

Agree with everything damo has said and I’m also guilty of not using the feedback system as Anyone I’ve dealt with on the site has always been 100% to deal with , whether buying or selling

A suggestion might be for people to use PayPal when dealing with those they may not know personally

you’ll get your money back from them if what you paid for doesn’t arrive

Dub13, Beanokelly and northside red like this.
  11. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

Know of another lad on IK who was scammed by this chap for a United ticket. Got his money back, luckily.

Dave3 and northside red like this.
  12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I remember some had issues with him for the last game of the season in 2017 against Boro. When I saw posts before Christmas that he was looking for tickets and offering tickets for later in the season in return alarm bells went off.

13. oscar1

oscar1
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone on here confirm either by pm or public post who this person actually is and provide as much information as possible..I'm trying to get my money back and maybe it might be a case for the powers that be to deal with..

14. Dave3

Dave3
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he took cash off me for a United single but wasn't able to provide seat details or the card or anything so I pressured him for the money back and finally got it back after a couple of days. Would echo what everyone else is saying re using the feedback feature on the site.

15. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Let one of us know if theres anyone like that on the site going forward please niall

16. KK1977

KK1977
    Expand Collapse

I know of him but had no idea he was on this site. Definitely a conman.

17. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Will do. I thought at the time it was mentioned on the site but maybe not.

18. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

The feedback is vital. I'm travelling fcuk all now, but when I was looking for tickets or passing them on it was a great help so I'd always leave it. I'd worry if he was at that on here is he at it elsewhere also.

19. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Possibly but it's hard to see all and remember

Cheers niall

20. madred

madred
    Expand Collapse

How do I give feedback ???