This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Hull (a) - 04.02.17

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Phil!, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Delighted to have January out of our way. Feels like we have ended it with a decent result which hopefully sets the down the marker for us to kick on for the last few months starting on Saturday.

I'd like to see us revert to the team that did so well for us before xmas:

Mignolet
    Clyne Lovern Matip Milner
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum Lallana
    Mane Firminho Couthino​

liverdub2016 likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Actully really looking forward to this now with a fully fit first XI. Think could blow them away.

They have lost Snodgrass who was their main threat.

3. clayton

clayton
    Expand Collapse

ah, playing the team who are bottom of the league.... that can only mean one thing, a draw :)

C'mon though, should be winning these games, but it's these teams that we struggle against. Need the win

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Our second half of the season must start on Saturday, we've left ourselves in a positions where we're still in the race for top 4 thanks to some amazing work pre-christmas but we've undone a lot of that over the last 4/5 weeks. You just know that Hull will get turned over tonight and save themselves for the weekend, much better chance of points against us in their home ground than away to the Mancs who are on an incredible run. The gap is down to 2 points after tonight so we don't have any more room to manouvre if we don't start winning games.

5. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Nice to have a full strength squad to choose from and hopefully we will rediscover our shooting and scoring boots. After the Chavski result and performance (overlooking free kicks) should be a bit more confidence in the side and maybe if it clicks against Hull and we can get a few against them it might just set us up for the run in.
    I've spent the whole of Jan in footballing depression, new month, new optimism - come on you Reds.

This on the tellybox btw?

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Sky Sports in Ireland have it

Roll on 19 likes this.
  7. bazburke

bazburke
    Expand Collapse

Hull got a good result last night and will no doubt set up the same way as most teams do so be interesting to see if having Mane makes a difference to breaking a defence down. His pace alone should help with that so back to our starting 11 before xmass and roll on 10 straight wins :) we still have the best scoring for record in the league i think so just try shut out abit more at the other end!!

8. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

I think the way we play against Hull will be a template for these type of games for remainder of the season, ie opposition hard to break down and dont offer too much up front. If Klopp can get the formula right for the Hull match it will set us up for the remaining games.

9. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Cheers mate.

Hi ho hi ho its off to the local we go.

10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Big clash with the Scotland Ireland 6 Nations Match.

11. clayton

clayton
    Expand Collapse

i think that draw last night would have taken a lot out of hull, they were flat out. This was also typified in the amount of yellow cards they received.

they also have a days less rest than ourselves, and we have Mane back , who will run them ragged. Did i see that david meyler was playing right back last night?

0-3 win for the reds.

12. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Hope you're right Clayton!!

13. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I can't see this on t'internet at all. Is it just from looking at the TV guide with the remote?

14. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

redabbey likes this.
  15. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Yes Steve it is showing up on the tv guide with the remote.

Stevie S likes this.
  16. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Said last week that knowing our luck we'd beat Chelsea and get beat by Hull. Seeing as we only came away with a draw midweek and in my opinion deserved more I think we'll now twat these everywhere Saturday and get back in business. Onwards and upwards for February.

Stevie S likes this.
  17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

A bigger game for us in some ways than Chelsea. We managed a draw against United at OT in early January (thought it was lucky instead of well deserved like last night) and fell apart again soon after against the "weaker" opposition. We need to lay down a market against Hull, teams know they can contain us now and that gives them belief going into matches, if we can put up a big score against Hull and remind everyone how terrifying we can be on attack it will make wins that much easier to come by with teams already feeling half beaten going onto the pitch against us.

Says in all when you had Wolves lads confidently predicting before their game against us at Anfield that they could go there and get a win, they should be going there dropping their guts about how many they're going to be turned over by.

18. petevans

petevans
    Expand Collapse

Better that this game is in hull's patch as I can't see them trying to sit back the entire 90 mins at home like they would have done at anfield. Also it's a much bigger playing surface which should suit us.

19. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Hull have won 2 home games in the league this season but given our results against Southampton, Burnley, Bournemouth and Sunderland away, I won't be assuming a result here. Thankfully we should have our first 11 back.

20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

win please