This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Help with books

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pam, Jun 24, 2021.

1. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Everyone I’m still here happy to say, been a long road and I’m still fighting.

I had an idea to raise some funds for ILFA they have been great support to me,
    I am collecting BOOKS, in fair to good condition… all books adult and children’s anything with the exception of school books, I’m hoping to Have a few drop off points on a set day hopefully at the end of July but in the meantime I would be happy to except them at my home, I have a company that will buy them from me in bulk and all the proceeds go to the charity, they can be left on the doorstep, I would be really grateful for any support .. you can message or text me for address
    Thank you …

STEVE1978 and GaryMc like this.
  2. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The book collection is on

SATURDAY 7th August
    Terenure college Dublin
    Between 2 and 4
    Really need support here please
    Bookworld.ie will make a donation for the books collected on the day, or they can be left at my home up to 7th august,
    No amount is too small thank you so much for your support YNWA

Or Donation can be made either on my fb page or
    https://www.justgiving.com/campaign...are&utm_term=e03128ecbf344a46b22a297a700e0dcf

3. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Going to cork on sunday with this
    If any of you Cork reds can help

So much as happended in a few weeks and especially this week as you know i suffer with lung fibros, and i really dont like asking for funds especially in the middle of a pandemic, as i am a reader myself, i came up with the idea of collecting books and trying to raise money collectively, so in association with bookworld.ie we arranged a book drive where anyone can donate their books it really has taken off, i was approached by cork radio 103fm, and they were only delighted to put the info on air this morning,
    And every one that orders books via bookworld.ie mention ILFA at the check out ilfa will receive 5 euro for each order
    Such a generous offer.

A book drive in cork
    This sunday 2 to 4pm 27th july
    Westside centre
    Model farm rd, Bishopstown
    Opposit the motor tax office

Where hopefully at short notice people will drop off the books, bookworld will make a donation for them to ILFA

THE BOOK DRIVE IN TERENURE
    is sat 7th August between 2 to 4 pm
    Where I will be there in the day please god, it will be lovely to see my friends and football family,

If you do not have any books its ok
    If you can see your way to making a small donation it will be put to good use,

But sharing with family and friends in Dublin and cork to make this a big success i have worked hard to get this to happen as i am mainly house bound i am pretty proud of the success so far,
    Thank you all so much it really means alot to me as ILFA has been my lifeline and i just want to pay back. ❤

STEVE1978 likes this.