This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

70,000 empty seats at Wembley yesterday for spurs against juve friendly. That's fucking terrible

2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Chelsea look considerably weaker already with Morata replacing Costa. His defending for the goal is defending Chelsea fans won't have seen from a center forward since the Russian money came in. He may score loads of goals ( I don't think he will) but he will never defend set piece's like Drogba or Costa did.

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Had to do a bit of digging when I saw this post. It seems the promoters set the ticket prices. Good seats were in the triple figures in £sterling, and most tickets for the stadium were priced above what Spurs fans will pay for the same seats in Wembley for a Premier League match. So they protested by staying away.

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If true that it was a protest then that is excellent news. Football is long gone from the fans, it is for the corporate elite now but any small showing like that really makes my day.

redabbey likes this.
  5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

£triple figure price for a pre season friendly is disgusting. Here they have the opportunity to give families the fantastic opportunity of going to see a game at Wembley in the middle of the summer and they go and charge ridiculous prices. No wonder 70,000 said Fcuk that. An absolute disgrace.

Colm75 likes this.
  6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Quiet possible the promoters have also fell flat on their face too 26,251 is a crazy low number for attendance.

Just found it was Relevant Sports, they can take the hit very easily from their success of promoting the International Champions Cup every summer. but no doubt they gambled and failed big time on this match.

https://www.releventsports.com/about

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

redabbey likes this.
  8. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

With Zidane as coach, Real Madrid have won every final they have played: #UCL 2016, 2017, European #SuperCup 2016, 2017, #ClubWC 2016

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

That's some going in fairness. I thought he'd flunk tbh but fairs fair he's done very well and pissed all over Maureen's tenure already.
    Saying that one bad season and if Ronaldo gets the hump with him he'll be out the door

10. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

4th must successful Real manager already

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That is actually an insane statistic when you consider he's only there a couple of years. I had my doubts about him but he's brought a great mix of defensive solidity and attacking prowess to the team, granted he has started off with an unbelievable squad and all that but I've been impressed with how he's handled it.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Has he actually spent any big money since he came in. Nearly all the players he inherited and shows what a bit of stability can do. For too long Real just chopped and changed players and managers looking for a magic formula.

babbsnads likes this.
  13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Definitely, the James Rodriguez transfer was nearly a case in point on that fact. It was crazy from the start and turned out to be a disaster. In fairness a few of the key guys there like Modric & Ronaldo have given them serious long term stability as well as Marcelo and a few others at the back.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Just heard about about the comments from Danny Rose about Spurs. He ain't a happy bunny, very unprofessional by him. Looking for a move to Chelsea or Utd to be paid what he thinks he's worth. Allegation of tapping up on the way I wonder?

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Just listened to this great podcast. I could not recommend it highly enough. Absolutely fascinating guy to listen to.

babbsnads likes this.
  16. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Think they'll struggle this season for a few reasons.
    The Wembley factor, if they go a few games there without a win it could become a big issue. When they play Huddersfield for example, Huddersfields players are going to be a lot more up for it then they would be playing at white Hart lane. They'll be thinking it could be their one and only chance to play at Wembley.

The salary cap thing they have is going to start to get in lads heads. They'll be chatting to Kyle walker who is telling them how he's on twice as much money now as they are and how great it all is. Players will want to move. Isn't Harry Kane on 50k a week. Wouldn't be very hard for him to get 4 times that nowadays.

Don't see them finishing top 4 myself.

17. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Hope you're right mate

18. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

18,000 brand new season ticket holders at Wembley could make a huge difference to their support over the course of a season, sure they did not click there last season in the Champions League but I would be reluctant to right their chances off for a top four finish.

19. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Plus they here very little strength in depth, they are just a few injuries away from going from a very strong starting XI to an average one.

Take Kane out who replaces him?

I wouldn't write them off totally obviously but wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle.

20. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember last season when Kane got injured about March, it then seemed to make very little difference.