This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

With a bit of luck , this news will try slow down Newcastle’s rise out of obscurity

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

How do City get out of this situation? And I don't mean how do they beat the charges they're up against,I mean how do they find a way to stop cheating without admitting they have been cheating all along? This will go on for a few more years and in the meantime they'll still be operating with the same type of budget, a budget they aren't funding within the rules. It's likely that they'll be cheating as they're fighting this. And if that's found to be the case, how could they not be fucked down to the bottom league?

3. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Think United limped into 2nd behind City a couple of times too. I'm sure Jose and Ole will be all over claiming those titles

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Limped is the word alright. 2012 with Ageuro was another one so 3 each for both clubs.

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

jose did say that was his greatest achievement in fairness to him.

babbsnads likes this.
  6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

7. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It just makes it more sickening that they will get punished now after the event, am I right in saying for years that don't include the last few years when we came second? Meanwhile, whatever about their cheating, we didn't do enough to consolidate when on top and have fallen off a cliff. And there is only so many times you can catch lightning in a bottle.

8. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

He has been recovered from the rubble and is receiving treatment.

SUPERFAN likes this.
  9. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

If found guilty, it's likely a further investigation will take place covering the time period from 2017/18 until whatever date the new investigation would start. So in an ideal world up until June 2023. So for us, it only doesn't include last season and the 2018/19 season, but the other season is in there. IF, they were to be stripped of titles and awarded to 2nd place, United would get 3, we would get 3. No one else has finished 2nd to City.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  10. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

As much as I would hate to see Utd get another 3 titles, it would be hilarious that all 6 would go to the 2 clubs City fans detest most.

11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Ole would be a Premier League winner. Jaysus !!!

vodkacolly likes this.
  12. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Just give them 3 point deductions every season, then we win 3 and utd will just get 2. Citee can keep the other one!

ROCCO and GaryMc like this.
  13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Utd would only get 1, Ole and Jose both finished 30 points behind.

Skintown Red likes this.
  14. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Oh even better...back on our fucking perch...yeeeeeoooooooooooo!!!!!!

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

A point deduction for every rule broken sounds extremely fair

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I remember getting a bit of pushback when I suggested Jurgen Klopp was a bit unlucky as a manager. Not that we're learning anything about City we weren't aware of already, but I think I can safely say that the confirmation of what we all thought has put to bed any argument of whether Klopp is unlucky or not.

17. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

According to Sky Sports, City's Premier League rivals are happy to stay out of the upcoming process and let the commission do what it needs to do. City's fellow members of the big six were reportedly among those pushing the hardest for repercussions.

A number of options are available to the Premier League if the breaches are upheld. However, other clubs are understood to favour a relegation over the stripping of previously won titles at one extreme and a fine at another.

While a potential relegation or expulsion has its supporters, it could carry complications of its own. There is no guarantee the EFL would accept them if that is the case, and no requirement for them to do so

Yes stripping of titles as punishment please if it meant we'd get the 3 for playing by the rules. Gerrard deserves his one as does Klopp with his 3 in 4 yesrs

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’d guess Newcastle owners are watching this very close with the wealth available to them .

19. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

They just have to be a tiny bit smarter and they'll be grand. City got found out as the companies sponsoring them were either owned by ADUG, had Sheikh Mansour as the owner or had no employees, or were completely fictional. All Newcastle have to do is find a few willing patsy's to set up companies and funnel money through them to Newcastle. And they are then at least 1 step removed from a direct link to the owners. (I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than that to do, but City just haven't been trying)

Just take a look at Nick Harris twitter feed @sportingintel you'd wonder how they thought they'd get away with some of the stuff. I've put more effort into getting out of doing homework when I was in school than they have in setting up some of the companies sponsoring them.

#4699 elvis, Feb 8, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It's crazy really. They should get the ultimate punishment