This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Don't know where Frank goes after this, he's had plenty chance to prove himself.

Niall likes this.
  2. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

38 points from his 35 PL games with Everton.
    Carragher and Neville literally spent 2 minutes talking about his sacking. Saying its sad and its all about the owners. I've never seen a manager that shite get such an easy ride from all angles

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

5. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Game was 3-1 to Bayern and player was on the field for 17 seconds, there was no way it could have changed the outcome of the game.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A team can't score a goal within 17 seconds?

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

One goal is plausible, two is not and they were down by 2 at the time.

theoriginals_lfc likes this.
  9. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

A rematch for Freiburg would give them the chance to get points from the game.
    They would also be at risk of losing by a bigger margin.
    Both outcomes would be unjust.

10. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Have a cousin whos an Everton supporter (born in Liverpool so he gets a pass) and I cant even bring myself to have a dig at him atm.
    I imagine Everton supporters are feeling the kind of bewilderment and anger we felt in the final months of the cowboys reign.

They had all the media work done for Danjuma and expected to unveil him yesterday - right up to the point that he and his agent didnt turn up at Finch Farm to sign the contract.
    Looks like the only saleable asset they have in Gordon is in talks with Newcastle (with a price 20m lower than was touted in the summer)
    Bielsa wants the job but wants to bring in a raft of players Everton cant afford due to FFP, AND he seems to have some weird form of paying his backroom team that make it seem like they are actually employed by him and not the club.
    Kenwright and Moshi dont seem to have a clue what the other is at.
    And today it emerges that if they cant get Bielsa - Fat Sam is the back up plan

If it wasnt so cringey it'd be flippin hilarious

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

2 goals in 4 minutes plus stoppage time has never happened?

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

What I think people are missing when they try to assess the likelihood of the result being different if the extra player isn't introduced, is that it's almost always subjective, no matter how unlikely it is. Freiburg could have scored in that 17 seconds against 11 men,changed the momentum of the game and gone onto draw or win. Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No

Assessing the likelihood of the result being different shouldnt come into it. It should be like using an ineligible player,because technically one of the extra players is ineligible to be on the pitch. Have a set rule that takes all the subjectivity out of it or you'll always have a spectrum of different views.

13. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I disagree.
    Having a set rule would mean if the extra player was on the pitch for less than 17 seconds the match would be replayed.
    So 7 seconds or 2 seconds...because how long does it take to score a goal?
    Or, a cut-off time would be used so no replay if the offence lasts less than X seconds. X being subjective.

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

How long does an ineligible player have to be on the pitch for that team to have a win awarded against them?

Its the FAI so it might have been overturned by now for all I know, but last season Sligo had a 2 nil win against Dundlak voided with Dundalk awarded a 3 nil win instead for fielding an ineligible player. The same thing happened in the national league in New Zealand last November, the team who won 4-1 had a 3 nil defeat awarded against them for the same thing. The fact those wins can be turned into 3 nil defeats shows what was considered was not the impact the player had on the game,but the fact he was involved at all. And that's how it should work,take the subjectivity out of it and make a rule based on the principle.

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

An ineligible player isn't the same as the Bayern or Kilmacud situation. Both are refereeing mistakes as far as I'm concerned.

The outcome here is going to be substitutions being made at the halfway line, time wasting and disruption added to the game for the sake of a perceived injustice. This is what is annoying me most, I don't give a fuck who wins its the idea that once again a losing team can't just accept it and move on and the consequences of that attitude.

I guarantee within 24 months we have subs the same as football.

16. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Mistakes by officials happen every week and games are not replayed.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Using the same logic, teams cheat every week and there's no investigations or points deductions etc. Yet Juventus have just been deducted 15 points for cheating.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

There's a lot of different opinions flying around but the one that a team can end up with too many players on the pitch and that team are in no way to blame is the maddest one imo. To me there's a big contradiction in being angry the team who lost can't just accept it and move on, but the team who who had too many players on the pitch shouldn't even have to accept they made a mistake? Everybody should just blame the officials and leave it at that. Personally I'd be more worried that in 24 months you'd have teams pulling the same trick deliberately than a more formal process for subs Bob. Why wouldn't they if there's no real consequences and it will just be put on the ref? If anything that's also a big reason to formalise the way subs are made.

And in many cases the big difference between an ineligible player and an extra player on the pitch is there's zero sporting advantage gained from the ineligible player. A club mix up leads to their player not being registered, and they probably lose the points for every game he's involved in. And that happens all the way down to schoolboy football.

19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

So different levels of mistakes/cheating are dealt with on a scale. The punishment fits the crime.
    So I don't think there should be a set rule for an extra player on the pitch.

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

An ineligible player is easily defined, it can be harsh but the rules are clear. You're making an argument around the 16th player but not mentioning the 17th that was also on the pitch. That's where it gets messy, you want to make a case that an extra player can make a difference in 12 seconds then why aren't using that logic and in including the player making his way off the field? The sport allows for restarts while subs are still happening, that is the problem not Kilmacud making an error. You want black and white punishment then the only solution is have the soccer type subs that will kill the game or else Mannion having not made is way off is also worthy of a replay.