This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

That shortlist for the fifa 11 or whatever you call it, is a balls. Players just getting in on who they are and not what they did on the field.

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Laporte being out til Jan/Feb significantly weakens City especially as they only have stones and Otamendi as fit center backs. Wonder will they move Fernandinho or Rodri back there or move Walker in?

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Reading the passages of Stephen Irelands interview this week and I have sympathy for him,but he's claiming he was earning 85 pounds a week when he was in Citys first team which isn't true. So you start to think,if hes willing to tell a lie like that which is obviously to make you feel sorry for him,what else might he be lying about? It nearly defeats the main point of the interview which was to explain why he lied about his granny dying.

5. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Do you have a link for this interview please as it sounds interesting and wouldn’t mind having a read of it please.

Seen him playing in Vincent Kompanys testimonial last week. Wouldn’t have been a player I would have thought would have been chosen for that event .

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The interview itself is on The Athletic which is subscription based but a quick Google search and you'll find plenty of outlets carrying extracts of it.

Ron1892 likes this.
  7. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

The fact that a guy who had that much talent and is still only 33, is out of contract, speaks volumes about how difficult he is.

SUPERFAN likes this.
  8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Good friends with Kompany from his City days I think.

Ron1892 likes this.
  9. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Many people subscribed to the Athletic? I did when it was half price and think some the content is very good.

10. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

The aul skin colour debate again. It doesn't seem to be a problem for black players getting signed by the big clubs. I mean Henry and Viera got bigger jobs at Monaco and Nice than Gerrard and Lampard at Derby but that's just ignored.

Emile Heskey believes it is easier for the likes of Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard to get top managerial jobs because of their "skin colour".

Lampard is currently managing in the Premier League with Chelsea after just one season with Derby, while Liverpool legend Gerrard is in charge of Scottish giants Rangers.
    But former striker Heskey, who was the victim of racist abuse during his playing career, is concerned by the lack of BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) managers working in the Premier League and EFL.

There are just four BAME managers currently in the top positions - Nuno Espirito Santo at Wolves , Sabri Lamouchi at Nottingham Forest, Darren Moore at Doncaster and Keith Curle at Northampton.

Emile Heskey opens up on six months of depression after joining Liverpool
    And while Heskey supports the Rooney Rule, which requires teams to interview ethnic-minority candidates for head coaching jobs, he believes his former teammates have an unfair advantage when he comes to stepping into significant managerial posts.

Speaking to The Times , he said: “I couldn’t tell you why black people had to be bottom-feeders and then others can go wherever and get a job.

"100 per cent it would be easier [for Lampard and Gerrard]. They are going to get those jobs. I can only point towards skin
    Unai Emery reacts to Granit Xhaka claiming Arsenal were "too scared" at Watford
    “I can point towards medals. Sol [Campbell] has got more than Stevie [actually 6-8 behind but has two titles]. Ashley Cole’s got more than any of them. England’s best player for that era. Ash is being given a chance to get on that ladder with Chelsea under-15s.”

Heskey is eager for a chance to start his coaching career, three years after he called time on a career that saw him play for Premier League giants Liverpool and earn 62 England caps.

During his four-year spell at Anfield, the 41-year-old was part of the 2001 Treble-winning Reds squad who memorably lifted the League Cup, FA Cup and UEFA Cup.

despite enjoying a respectable playing career, he is baffled by his struggles to take his first step into coaching.

He added: “Everyone just says, go and get your badges [which he is doing]. Well, we’ve got an England manager who was in the Premier League [with Middlesbrough] with no badges.

"We have players who have the worst reputations, in the sense of beating people up, and they are still in a job, and I can’t even get on the ladder. I am only guessing that there is a perception that black coaches are probably not up for the job.”

11. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Super thank you. I am subscribed to it, so should be able to find it.

babbsnads likes this.
  12. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Pundit in Italy suspended after comments he made about Lukaku.
    Started off praising him and then made an absolutely idiotic comment about how to stop him.

Speaking on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show, Passirani started off by saying, "I don't see any other player in Italy now like Lukaku. [...] I really like him," before adding, "the only way to stop him is to say, Here are ten bananas that you can eat."

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure black managers getting bigger jobs in France is really much of an argument against what Heskey is saying. On the other hand Heskey must have forgotten that Gerrard started at Liverpoool U18's and why hasn't he got his badges yet at 41 years of age? But English football definitely has a problem with BAME representation. How you solve it,I've no idea.

14. Carlsburger

Carlsburger
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I signed up a couple of weeks ago. Primarily to read James Pearse write about LFC. Think I've enjoyed about two article's so far. I'm a bit disappointed so far.

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Jesus, that is more than idiotic, that is outright in your face racism.

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Probably going to get slaughtered for this but bme, wtf?

17. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

For the amount of non-caucasian people in the game I can't see any reason why there aren't more non-white managers other than the system is stacked against them. I can't find any objective reason for it to still be so white dominated. He might not be the most eloquent in expressing it but it is undoubtedly an issue.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

“Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist,” programme director Fabio Ravezzani, who also confirmed Passirani had apologised, stated.

What a bizarre statement to make after suspending him. "A metaphor that turned out to be racist", just say what it is and stop pandering to the lowest common denominator, it didn't turn out to be racist, it wasn't accidentally racist, it wasn't a momentary lapse in judgement, it was a blatant racist comment and should be called for what it is regardless of how old the racist in question is.

19. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Cant say as Ive ever heard "eat 10 bananas" as a metaphor for anything outside a film for adult consumption

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

De Gea signs new four year contract at United. Waste of a career considering how good he once was.