This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Bournemouth really should be 3 up here , just not clinical enough and panicking when United attack

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ugly win in the end by the looks of things.

3. Fargo Boyle

Fargo Boyle
    Expand Collapse

Look on the bright side.. José's job is safe for another while!! :D

4. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

5. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been around school biy/girl football for years, not sure what it is but this does seem to be becoming an issue alright.

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It's been a regular occurrence in GAA throughout all my lifetime, looks like it's after crossing over into soccer (that other football sport)

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm out refereeing every weekend for the last 4 years and have come across nothing to be fair. If anything I'm finding the coaches and parents are becoming more civilised with each passing year.

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

9. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I'm seeing a different picture to you Bobby, definitely getting worse and it's parents on the sideline that are mainly behind this and that's all based on experiences each weekend

10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm on the Southside but in all seriousness I don't see much of it. Where I do it's usually down to weak management. Well run clubs don't allow anyone but the management speak to players or referees. That's the way it should be.

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Charlie Austin raging about his goal that wasn't, he was totally correct but what he fails to mention was the peno against him and red card Betrand should have had. Always amazes me the short memories players and managers have when it comes to identical decisions for and against them

Fargo Boyle likes this.
  12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Bamba clearly took his top off after scoring today but wasn't booked, apparently the ref asked Bamba did he take his top off and he said no.
    Bonkers if true.

honald_tdb likes this.
  13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ha the gas thing is he's probably gone and stitched himself up with an actual ban for this for lying to a referee! Despite all of the crap that goes on on the field this seems like something they might get sanctimonious about.

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Hughes was raging about the game being given to a ref with very little PL experience. I'm not sure how he proposes refs get PL experience if they're not allowed to officiate actual football matches,maybe it's just his games he wants them banned from until they've a couple of hundred games under their belt.

15. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Shocking stuff altogether, there seems to be a general consensus that things are getting worse although I haven't seen it officially acknowledged anywhere which is somewhat damaging for the game itself. You cannot tackle a problem that you're unwilling to acknowledge.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/1112/1010274-offaly-referee-assault/

Gardaí in Co Offaly are investigating an assault on a referee in the Midlands Soccer League yesterday.

The match official was admitted to hospital with a suspected broken jaw and other facial injuries.

The attack occurred after a game in the Combined Counties Football League played in the village of Horseleap near the Westmeath-Offaly county boundary.

A dispute arose towards the end of the match which featured the local side and Mullingar town.

Up to three players and a spectator were then involved in an incident in the car park nearby after which referee Daniel Sweeney suffered a suspected broken jaw and injuries to his eye and nose.

Gardaí in Tullamore were called to the scene and are investigating the assault which has been roundly criticised by representative groups for referees and league players.

Secretary of the Combined Counties Football League, Chris Hand, has said the individuals involved in the incident have been identified.

Mr Hand said they will be immediately suspended from all football activity.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Mr Hand said such incidents are rare but will be followed up with the strongest action possible.

He added that the league will cooperate with and support the gardaí.

Mr Hand said those responsible "will be immediately suspended from all football activity".

"The referee's report will be brought to a disciplinary hearing. We will follow FAI policy and procedure in relation to how we handle incidents like this, which are very, very rare.

"Once we follow that procedure, we will follow up with the strongest action that we can. We will cooperate 100% with gardaí. We don't want to see this happen at any time."

Mr Hand said the CCFL has not yet been in touch with referee Mr Sweeney, who he said is "a good man" and has been a referee for a number of years.

The running of the league depended, he said, on volunteers and without their cooperation and the help of people like Mr Sweeney, there would not be football matches.

Mr Hand said the greater football family supported Mr Sweeney and there had been an outpouring of support on social media over the weekend.

18. Dave3

Dave3
    Expand Collapse

Jaysus. Absolutely shocking that.

19. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

20. Fargo Boyle

Fargo Boyle
    Expand Collapse