This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

GAA 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dk.lfc, Jan 25, 2019.

1. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

At their third attempt, Cork have their first win of the year. Peter Duggan missed a good few frees for Clare.

5 of the 6 teams all have 1 win now, level on 2 points each. It's a topsy turvy league!

2. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

On the scrounge for 1 adult n 2 Childers tickets for Croker on Saturday if any season ticket holders can’t make it and want their tickets scanned.
    Cheers.

3. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Donegals motion to not allow Dublin nominate Croke Park as their home venue has failed only getting 36% of the vote.
    Dublin free to nominate it if they wish.

Only other one of interest is that the Liam Miller saga is now over. “Foreign” games will be allowed to be played in GAA venues if the county board allow it.

4. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Fitzgibbon Cup final between UCC v Mary I, live on TG4 YouTube. I'm not sure why it's not on TV.

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Jaysus how did Cooper not get a black card there?

6. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Pretty poor from Mayo tonight considering that Dublin are 5 weeks behind on training from last year.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Monaghan got a tight pasting in Healy Park but the ref was brutal for both teams.

Monaghan player gets black card before half time for high challenge. Start of second half Tyrone player with identical challenge gets a yellow.

Monaghan with Kerry away next, won’t get anything there so need to beat Cavan and mayo to avoid the drop. Unthinkable after beating Dublin but very sloppy in last two games in particular.

8. Bobbyboulders

Bobbyboulders
    Expand Collapse

It clearly singled out the Dubs, still thought that it would have carried

9. Bobbyboulders

Bobbyboulders
    Expand Collapse

Have been slow starters to the year recently, but they were brutal, particularly when it came to taking their chances.

Highlight was Fenton's headed flick on from the throw in. The man can do anything.

10. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

People aren't giving this team the credit they deserve. Keep on knocking them. If you are good enough to beat them just do it. Their dominance will end very soon and we will be having the exact same debate about Kerry dominating. Kerry are dominating most underage tournaments from U14 and up.

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

They've won the last 5 minor all irelands.

12. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yup but they are also still producing is what I am saying. The structures are there for a seriously long reign. I would be involved at county development level and can see the types of footballers they are developing.

13. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Kerry's population is so big I think they should be split into two teams, north and south. :p

Honda likes this.
  14. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

It did single out the dubs. But I disagree with you that it should have passed. Dublin like every other team should/are allowed to nominate anywhere they like as their home game.
    What should have been voted for was the 3rd game for Dublin should not be in Croke Park and any fair minded person would think the same. At the moment it doesn’t matter cos we would beat 95 per cent of county teams home or away. But down the track it might give Dublin a unfair advantage.

GaryMc and Stevie S like this.
  15. Bobbyboulders

Bobbyboulders
    Expand Collapse

I thought it would have carried... not that I wanted it to carry, so to speak :)

You’re prob right about mixing up the third game. Personally I enjoy going to Parnell Park for league games much more than Croke Park.

16. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah I used to love it too. Great atmosphere and the tight pitch. Still enjoy the hurling games there

Bobbyboulders likes this.
  17. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Have to say I was only half following it and I thought it was more that noone could play two rounds in Croker not that it was specifically nominating it as a home venue. Surely the easy resolve it to work it that Clones or Thurles or somewhere like that gets the neutral round game.

18. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

This is the problem, there is no "neutral" game - there is Home, Away and Croke. Idea was to guarantee everyone a Croke Park summer game, and every country that barely gets to play there loved the idea until Donegal threw toys out.

19. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The hurling league 1A group stage finishes tomorrow with 5 teams trying to get 3 spots remaining in the quarter finals.

Limerick have already qualified, despite a surprising loss at home to Cork last weekend, without 3 of Cork's stars. Limerick are highly likely to top the group, even with a loss it would come down to points difference.

There are a lot of permutations, one team that loses are likely to be relying on the scoring difference from another game to find out if they qualify or not. It'll be an interesting Sunday for hurling!

20. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Leitrim Promoted to Division 3 today with a win over London and 2 games to spare, Looking forward to the day out in Croker and hopefully we can keep up the momentum going into the championship and beat Roscommon, Great day for the Parish

xRedmanLFCx, Colm75 and GaryMc like this.